Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2022, 05:09 AM   #16

I'm in the same boat

I purchased a tao tao hellcat. 4 months ago. haven't gotten to ride it yet. it didn't want to shift right out of the box. the company I purchased it and the extended warranty from. have abandoned me. I've replaced the clutch 3 times I've put the better carb on it to help with not wanting to start. but bottom line. I'm stuck I wanted to get the bike for transportation my car is broken down still. I'm just stuck. with a hunk of shit tao tao hellcat. can anyone help or give advice I'm broke too used all the money I had buying it. so I can't afford to do the 190cc swap. I'm running out of options and ideas.

Old 07-28-2022, 10:35 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baken2714 View Post
I purchased a tao tao hellcat. 4 months ago. haven't gotten to ride it yet. it didn't want to shift right out of the box. the company I purchased it and the extended warranty from. have abandoned me. I've replaced the clutch 3 times I've put the better carb on it to help with not wanting to start. but bottom line. I'm stuck I wanted to get the bike for transportation my car is broken down still. I'm just stuck. with a hunk of shit tao tao hellcat. can anyone help or give advice I'm broke too used all the money I had buying it. so I can't afford to do the 190cc swap. I'm running out of options and ideas.
Honestly, having a 2020 Vader myself and being around Chinese powersports for a while, it simply (yes, I know.) sounds as if you don't have everything adjusted properly.

That is a part of final assembly and PDI that you are supposed to complete when you order these like this.

What is is doing/not doing and why did you replace the clutch 3 times? Also, THREE TIMES?!

What carb did you put on? What jets are you using and what is your elevation where you live?

These bikes don't always (usually) function 100% out of the box, which is where inspections and adjustments come in as you put it together.

Old 07-28-2022, 10:58 AM   #18

Lifan has about 100 dealerships, and the KP Mini 150 is a good bike. Two-year warranty too.
1969 Honda CT90--The Tomahto
Cheesy is the WDK (workplace drama king). Now retired. Nope, back in the saddle.
Climate: The Movie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A24fWmNA6lM
How our government really works https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjadCd0VRBw
Question all authority.....think for yourself

Old 07-28-2022, 06:15 PM   #19

I love my 2020 Vader. I'm going to replace the engine soon because my transmission failed after I failed a wheelie. I had clutch issues as well but I figured out how to adjust it as good as I could and it was good to me