Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2022, 10:24 AM   #466

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okierider View Post
Still, I agree with Thunper-bring on the 300/450!
A good, inexpensive 400/450 would about kill the drz400 off if it had a 6 speed.
Saving up for it as we speak.....
1969 Honda CT90--The Tomahto
Cheesy is the WDK (workplace drama king). Now retired. Nope, back in the saddle.
Climate: The Movie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A24fWmNA6lM
How our government really works https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjadCd0VRBw
Question all authority.....think for yourself

Old 08-03-2022, 05:15 PM   #467

So I see the nc300 on alibaba.com. Is it something that could be ordered? Could it be tagged if it gets here as well?

Old 08-03-2022, 06:19 PM   #468

[QUOTE=Raptssan;381826]So I see the nc300 on alibaba.com. Is it something that could be ordered? Could it be tagged if it gets here as well?[/QUOTE

The bike isn’t epa certified so no good unless you are going to deal with that .

Old 08-03-2022, 06:49 PM   #469

Quote:
Originally Posted by TominMO View Post
Don't think the "M" means anything. That's what China put on the box, probably for multiple markets. Here they call it an "X". My new Lifan KPX has an owner's manual that IDs it as a KPC.
The new M does not have the adjustable rear KKE shock. After watching the video the front shocks do not look adjustable as well.

Old 08-03-2022, 07:24 PM   #470

[QUOTE=Bruces;381831]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptssan View Post
So I see the nc300 on alibaba.com. Is it something that could be ordered? Could it be tagged if it gets here as well?[/QUOTE

The bike isn’t epa certified so no good unless you are going to deal with that .
EPA isn't the real issue with an alibaba order, assuming you are willing to make it off road only. The problem is shipping. We have enough issues with damage going through domestic suppliers

Based on a few crate bike orders (me), and other people describing remarkably avoidable damage...domestic shippers don't seem to like china bikes Add cross the ocean(s) on top of that? Well, I will stick with $5 jet kits for now

Old 08-03-2022, 07:53 PM   #471

Has anyone had any luck upgrading the headlight bulb without changing the stock headlight housing? I love the look but the headlight sucks

Old 08-03-2022, 10:56 PM   #472

Quote:
Originally Posted by AjjAxx84 View Post
Has anyone had any luck upgrading the headlight bulb without changing the stock headlight housing? I love the look but the headlight sucks

Watching the M Video I really wish the TemplarX had the bottom metal bracket attaching the headlight assembly. The X came with rubber straps that hold the light to low limiting adjustments. Going to manufacturer something copying the Ms mount. Ive not looked at the bulb but I'm interested in a upgrade as well.

Old 08-04-2022, 12:20 AM   #473

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutcracker View Post
Watching the M Video I really wish the TemplarX had the bottom metal bracket attaching the headlight assembly. The X came with rubber straps that hold the light to low limiting adjustments. Going to manufacturer something copying the Ms mount. Ive not looked at the bulb but I'm interested in a upgrade as well.
The headlight on my base Templar is great. The headlight on my X sucks but I want to keep the original look of the X and just get brighter bulbs. I wonder if I can do an led conversion

Old 08-04-2022, 05:46 AM   #474

The space behind the cowling on the X is really tight, and the soft black plastic pouch for wiring in there isn't really big enough to handle all of the connectors. This Winter, I am going to do a lot of rearranging and get it buttoned up better. That will be a good time to look at headlight upgrades too.

There are so many biting insects and nasty poison ivy/oak, thorny stuff out there now! I am staying away to heal up! And it is just too hot for a helmet these days!

Old 08-04-2022, 08:18 AM   #475

Did a quick search, the Templar isn’t on Amazon or PSM. The Titan is still there with the light package, and the Zongshen 223 engine. I’ve heard the 223 is pretty sweet. I’m more than happy with the ZS172.

Hit the 400 mile mark, thought I had the all niggles covered but the rear break is squeaking and the rotor has witness marks. Really my fault as I’ve not visited the rear caliper mounting because it wasn’t an issue. In not bagging on the bike, I love mine and would buy it again for a few dollars more.

I absolutely try to kill this bike when I ride it. The lower power and light weight makes up for my lack of skills and cowardice when riding bigger more powerful machines. And sometimes I philosophize why I dig a machine needs my constant love and attention.

More wrenching please.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 16E24853-B1DD-4D51-B31A-462B1B3CACE8.jpeg (29.3 KB, 194 views)

Old 08-04-2022, 05:25 PM   #476

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueridge boyieee View Post
Did a quick search, the Templar isn’t on Amazon or PSM. The Titan is still there with the light package, and the Zongshen 223 engine. I’ve heard the 223 is pretty sweet. I’m more than happy with the ZS172.
I have two examples of the ZS167 223cc pushrod engine in the Storm and the TBR7. It is indeed a dependable engine, easy to tune, adjust, modify. But it is a gentle engine compared to the 172 OHC engine- the difference between 14hp and 19hp is part of it, but the full sized, MUCH stiffer enduro frame transmits that additional power with more precision. It is just night and day

I still ride the Storm, but the Templar X is a major step up in frame/suspension/power! And the amazing thing is that it was just a few hundred dollars more

Zuumav has my attention!

Old 08-05-2022, 07:10 AM   #477

Update: my powersportsmax refurbished Templar X was a referb because of a bad front brake switch. No scratches or other damage. In my case buying the refurb was a great deal at $1650. I cannot say the same for all refurbs but this one in particular had only one minor issue.

Old 08-05-2022, 07:10 AM   #478

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
The space behind the cowling on the X is really tight, and the soft black plastic pouch for wiring in there isn't really big enough to handle all of the connectors. This Winter, I am going to do a lot of rearranging and get it buttoned up better. That will be a good time to look at headlight upgrades too.

There are so many biting insects and nasty poison ivy/oak, thorny stuff out there now! I am staying away to heal up! And it is just too hot for a helmet these days!
I made some brackets to extend the headlight housing further forward, gives more room for the wiring behind it, and allows better aiming of the head light
2016 AJP PR4
2022 Templar X 250
2021 Sondors Metacycle
AMA Life Member

Old 08-05-2022, 07:43 AM   #479

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huck369 View Post
I made some brackets to extend the headlight housing further forward, gives more room for the wiring behind it, and allows better aiming of the head light
Do you have any pictures of the brackets you fabricated?

Old 08-05-2022, 10:07 AM   #480

Quote:
Originally Posted by AjjAxx84 View Post
Do you have any pictures of the brackets you fabricated?
Attached a pic of what I made out of some 14 Gauge Stainless Steel.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Temp-X-01 HL (1).jpg (120.1 KB, 254 views)
2016 AJP PR4
2022 Templar X 250
2021 Sondors Metacycle
AMA Life Member