Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2022, 10:10 AM   #16

zpapa2309, you're certainly getting some good advice on this thread! In the end, all of us are convinced the bike(s) that we recommend sound like the best fit for what you describe, but you're the one that has to pull the trigger and ride what you get. One thing that I can't remember you having mentioned though, have you looked at the used bike market? Perhaps finding something that fits your needs from the big four Japanese manufacturers, but being that it's used, the price might be more in your range. I hope we've all offered you tons of food for thought, and can't wait to see what you wind up picking up! -E

I was struggling to get my wife's attention; I sat down on the couch and looked comfortable. That did the trick!

My wife says I only have two faults. I don't listen and something else...

If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way I told you to...

The Stable:
2005 Yamaha V-Star 650 - SOLD
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up

Old 09-08-2022, 11:26 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueen216 View Post
(And I had intended to include the KPM200 in my comment, but thought I would split it apart - I am unsure if it will trigger an airing of the grievances from u/Falkon45 or not.) But if you want want to keep things at 250cc, KPM200 is also in this range, though with a different look. It does, though, bring with it a 6-speed, EFI, disc brakes front and rear, just a 3.5gal (I think) fuel tank but what would probably be better fuel efficiency. I know that you can supercharge it really, really easily [link], so it's got that going for it, too.

I'm not really sure how much of a difference 250vs400 would make to a new rider. I rode sparingly in my teens, but like a lot of these other old farts, came to actively riding later in life again. I fell into a bike that I could not pass up - and it happened to be an 863cc, 5-speed, 14l fuel tank, head turner, ride-every-day kind of bike. I just... respected it. Honestly, I'd say, buy the bike that gives you the stupid grin. All of these bikes are going to make you turn wrenches on them - there's no taking them to the dealer, so that's a part of the smile, too. Throwing a leg over is suppose to bring joy.
Lol. I don't have many grievances with the bike. I still own and ride it. I just don't suggest it for highway use. Any highway with over a 60 mph limit will have the bike struggling to keep up, as the traffic will be doing 65-75 mph. That, and the acceleration lane won't be quite long enough for you to make that speed in time. And god forbid you end up behind the idiots that merge onto the highway at 40-50 mph, then accelerate up to traffic speeds.

I honestly don't suggest anything under a 300 for speeds over 60 (in other words, a 55 mph posted speed limit. Nobody does the speed limit).

Old 09-09-2022, 10:56 AM   #18

Nobody does the speed limit? I’m shocked. Shocked, you hear me? SHOCKED. But I wholeheartedly agree with you on this point - knowing and understanding your use - or intended use - for your motorcycle.

Old 09-09-2022, 03:56 PM   #19

Thanks everyone. Ill definitely stick to backroads with whatever I get and just enjoy it for what it is. Just dont know which one to get haha

Old 09-09-2022, 08:04 PM   #20

Spreadsheet! Spreadsheet! Spreadsheet!