Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2022, 08:32 AM   #1

Templar X foot pegs

Okay, so a recent post in this forum made it clear that I can get the bike shipped to me with motorcycle on the MCO. That solves the registration issues.

What I am interested in at this point is whether foot pegs are available. I understand that there is a mounting point on each side for them. After reading the entire Templar X thread and thinking hard on it, I am almost 100% certain I will order one instead of the Hawk DLX. I am a large fella and I think the more robust suspension and higher HP and torque just makes sense.

When I look at the photos of this thing and read ya’ll descriptions of it, I am struck by how much more robust everything is than what was on the old 07 GY-5 I had, and for only a few hundred dollars more than I paid back then!

Very cool.

Old 11-20-2022, 08:34 AM   #2

https://chinariders.net/showpost.php...&postcount=818
- #42 / #120 Jets
- 1mm thick nitrile O-ring needle shim (removed)
- Kenda K761 Dual Sport Tires
- Sedona Standard Thickness Inner Tubes
- Stock OEM battery, carburetor, spark plug still going strong
- https://youtu.be/dhAYEKH-jFQ

1. Texas Pete's Templar X 250 Torque Specifications Sheet
  2. Texas Pete's Engine Displacement Calculator
  3. Texas Pete's Tire and Rim Compatibility

Old 11-20-2022, 10:01 AM   #3

I remember noticing that the left footpeg on my original Temp X (the 5 speed) had a return spring while I was assembling it, but the right footpeg does not return (I think the "spring" on the right side is just to create friction to hold it in place, up or down).

In fact, I took photos while I was assembling the 5speed and conotacted PSM about it. PSM sent me a replacement. BUT, the replacement was identical! It turns out that this is on purpose. The right side footpeg can be set in the up position so that you can use the kick starter. I think the 6 speed came with this type of no returning footpeg spring, even though it doesn't even have a kick starter! If your 6 speed right footpeg doesn't return, this is why!

Old 11-20-2022, 10:06 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapkin View Post
Okay, so a recent post in this forum made it clear that I can get the bike shipped to me with motorcycle on the MCO. That solves the registration issues.

What I am interested in at this point is whether foot pegs are available. I understand that there is a mounting point on each side for them. After reading the entire Templar X thread and thinking hard on it, I am almost 100% certain I will order one instead of the Hawk DLX. I am a large fella and I think the more robust suspension and higher HP and torque just makes sense.

When I look at the photos of this thing and read ya’ll descriptions of it, I am struck by how much more robust everything is than what was on the old 07 GY-5 I had, and for only a few hundred dollars more than I paid back then!

Very cool.
If it’s the passenger foot pegs you are referring to. They know they come on the latest Templar X. Mine has them.

Old 11-20-2022, 11:25 AM   #5

PSM is having a pre-thanksgiving sale on these babies 1899...I wonder what kind of sale they will have on the templar x for Christmas?

Old 11-20-2022, 01:03 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapkin View Post
PSM is having a pre-thanksgiving sale on these babies 1899...I wonder what kind of sale they will have on the templar x for Christmas?
Of course there’s no way of knowing for sure. But I would be very surprised if they reduced the price on the Templar X. It’s more likely the price will increase. It’s gone up a couple of times since its introduction.