Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2023, 03:50 PM   #1

bd125 Rear Sprocket Dimensions

Hoping someone can tell me the rear sprocket dimensions of my bd125-8. I want to drop a tooth in the rear with my bigbore kit. I see it is a 428 34t currently but hoping to get the bolt patttern, bolt diameter, center hole diameter etc. etc. so I can order without taking it all apart and ic an ride it until it gets here.

Thank you,

Old 05-29-2023, 07:35 AM   #2

I doubt that you will be able to tell a one-tooth difference in the rear. A one-tooth difference in the front, i.e. larger, would probably be noticeable.
1969 Honda CT90--The Tomahto
Cheesy is the WDK (workplace drama king). Now retired. Nope, back in the saddle.
Climate: The Movie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A24fWmNA6lM
How our government really works https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjadCd0VRBw
Question all authority.....think for yourself

Old 05-29-2023, 12:31 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TominMO View Post
I doubt that you will be able to tell a one-tooth difference in the rear. A one-tooth difference in the front, i.e. larger, would probably be noticeable.
I have the 17 up front, dropping one in the rear is another 3% in speed approximately. Looking to have at least the same performance had with the stock motor and the 17 upfront with the added big bore and a tooth drop in the rear but gain a few MPH.

Old 05-29-2023, 03:08 PM   #4

You need to get out a calculator and discover what 3% of your top speed actually is!

If it is 65, and on a 125cc (even with a big bore kit) it probably is not that fast, you would gain 2mph. That means that a gentle head wind would wipe any gain out and humidity in the air and tire pressure could make more change in the performance.

It is very difficult to make radical change in RPM in a low horsepower engine and RPM is where you get your top end speed.

Old 05-30-2023, 01:29 PM   #5

[QUOTE=krat;395556]You need to get out a calculator and discover what 3% of your top speed actually is!

If it is 65, and on a 125cc (even with a big bore kit) it probably is not that fast, you would gain 2mph. That means that a gentle head wind would wipe any gain out and humidity in the air and tire pressure could make more change in the performance.

It is very difficult to make radical change in RPM in a low horsepower engine and RPM is where you get your top end speed.[/QUOT

I checked a calculator before, that is where the 3% came from why I said a "few"!

Can't change the weather so all else equal, I can't get the extra (albeit small) extra mph without taching the motor unless I gear to it.