Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2023, 07:06 PM   #1

Hawk 250 - Wiring above rear tire

Hey guys,

I recently replaced my broken turn signals with some aftermarket ones from Amazon. I'm not very happy with them, they are very small.

But really I was just wondering if anyone had fabricated or cobbled together something to protect all the brake light and turn signal wiring above the rear tire. All the little connections on mine were packed with dirt and getting corroded. One half of each connection has a small clear protector but they aren't very tight with the metal connectors.

I was considering making some sort of shield to sit below or around the bundle of wires, but I'm not sure if that would just make it worse by giving the dirt and/or water a better place to accumulate. The bike could have also come with something there and I just rattled it loose over time lol.

Any suggestions ? Maybe it would be better to leave them open but use a more weather resistant connector type?

Thanks for any comments,
Walt

Old 07-25-2023, 01:53 PM   #2

I don't have a Hawk, but a Templar. Same deal though. The tail wires hung down way too much from new. I packed the connections with dielectric grease and then pinned them up in that grayish looking "conduit" adding the two bolts and the ziptie you can see. Snug as I could get them up against the fender. Another Templar owner here drilled little holes in the plastic of the fender. Just big enough to feed zipties through to hold the wires up. I tried to stick with using/modifying existing fasteners and was able to do so without adding any extra holes. Like that's a big deal, but anyway...

Old 07-25-2023, 02:04 PM   #3

Nice! I was thinking something really similar but witha piece of radiator hose, split electrical conduit does seem much smarter tho. Thanks