Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2023, 05:54 PM   #1

CG200: Nibbi PE26 or PE28

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/71Gm5Q-f0-L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

The chart says that either one would work on a 200cc engine. Anyone have experience with either one on a 200cc? Foam air filter, stainless exhaust.

Old 08-20-2023, 09:21 PM   #2

I don't have any experience with those carburetors on a 200cc, but outa curiosity, what is the type (model) and size of the carburetor on it now and if you know what is the intake port diameter?

Old 08-20-2023, 09:55 PM   #3

I'd suggest measuring the inner diameter of the intake manifold and port match. Nibbi carbs stick out a bit proud so unless you have room to swing a cat in the frame and around the airbox (if the airbox is to be used) the 26mm might be more than enough to feed a 200cc...

Old 08-20-2023, 10:41 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLsior View Post
I'd suggest measuring the inner diameter of the intake manifold and port match. Nibbi carbs stick out a bit proud so unless you have room to swing a cat in the frame and around the airbox (if the airbox is to be used) the 26mm might be more than enough to feed a 200cc...
I swear they used a frame from a 125 for this bike. It is such a pain in axx to get the valve cover off. I took out the airbox and that gave me a bit of room for the filter. The biggest issue is the throttle cable and how it is routed through the frame to the carb. Hard not to get it binding up a bit. I'll have to take some measurements.

Old 08-20-2023, 10:49 PM   #5

Quote:

There you go, from a guy who has worked with more than a few cylinder heads and cylinders to judge performance! With the info we have, I would agree, IMO I think it would be hard to see any difference and any difference only at WOT most likely not even noticeable. The smaller carb will give you better response across the usable throttle range better yet if matched to the intake port.

Old 08-21-2023, 02:03 AM   #6

I had to search what bike you're trying to modify.

if the carb sits inframe then also be aware that the idle adjustment knob on a nibbi sticks out a fair bit and might foul on the frame.

Depends on the type/orientation of the intake manifold.

Old 08-21-2023, 08:08 AM   #7

Quote:
I had to search what bike you're trying to modify.

if the carb sits inframe then also be aware that the idle adjustment knob on a nibbi sticks out a fair bit and might foul on the frame.

Depends on the type/orientation of the intake manifold.

"Curved" manifold (dunno how many degrees), and there is plenty of room on both the left and right side. Good suggestion though!