Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-2019, 04:50 PM   #31

I had considered it, but decided against the idea. I am not racing the bike, and I would rather have the heavier flywheel for maintaining speed more smoothly, maintaining speed up a hill with less throttle input, and chugging along slowly without stalling. The head work and larger carb just help with getting the engine to fully operate within its current rev limit, of which the fhe last 1000 rpm are almost pointless on a stock engine.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 01-14-2019, 08:07 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLeggedRider View Post
The only thing I dont agree with is the homemade decking and valve lapping. Take it to a reputable engine shop and have a millimeter milled off and get a 3 angle valve job. Because if you're gonna put that much time into porting the head (it's not a quick or easy process) then you might as well spend the extra money to be sure the machine work is done properly. Jmo
I don't disagree with you either. But this is the cheap bastards club. lol . I wouldn't do this with any large engine especially for racing. But on these small engines or any small engine this is a cheap way of doing it for the DYI type of guy. In the end you end up with the same results. I could of taken it to my brothers machine shop and had it done for free but I wanted to show others that it can be done with minimal equipment.
As far as the 3 angle valve job. I agree on a full rebuild I would suggest it. On a new head with new valves, lapping them should guarantee they mate.
Thanks for the input. It's nice having another gearhead on here that understands and can share his expertise.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 01-14-2019, 12:12 PM   #33

Jerry, when you began decking the head, did you notice if the surface wasn't completely flat to start with? In other words, do you feel that you improved the head gasket mating surface, by ensuring flatness?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 01-14-2019, 01:54 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
Jerry, when you began decking the head, did you notice if the surface wasn't completely flat to start with? In other words, do you feel that you improved the head gasket mating surface, by ensuring flatness?
Yes I checked it before I started. didn't find any deflections. I rechecked it again after and is spot on.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 01-15-2019, 10:56 AM   #35

Sounds like CSC really is providing a good product.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 01-15-2019, 12:48 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
Sounds like CSC really is providing a good product.
That is the smart business move when your goal is to deal in Chinese bikes. Offer at least a decent standard of quality on the parts in question and in this market you quickly become the big name in the business. Quality control is the one area that has always been lacking with almost every other bike sold here by questionable retailers.

Honestly, if CSC could get a more powerful engine and a 6spd transmission like the NC250 into the TT250, and could fit just slightly better suspension like some Fast Ace forks and shocks with a little more suspension travel, and a better swing arm, the TT250 would be a real tour d force. Sure, it might be a $3500+ bike at that point, but I would probably buy one if they did.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Last edited by Megadan; 01-15-2019 at 01:25 PM.

Old 08-21-2023, 12:17 PM   #37

We here at five81mods do alot of porting an have since 1998 both 2&4 stroke engines from atv mx bike kart ??? We do them all as well have engine dyno an flow bench...I recenty did a 2021 x pro hawk 250 engine for customer an it was amazing the gains we got which lead me to buying a 2023 x pro hawk 250cc to build an do alot of mods for testing purposes as well will have bike for wifes first enduro bike as she has a 2018 crf 250f as well one of our frame up custom built banshees...back to these china bikes after recieving ours I stripped down to bare frame went over every weld then sand blasted welded in some extra gussets an cleaned up couple weld then powder coated an built as much as I don't want to say this I'm very happy with bike so far as she's I believe 360 miles on bike I'm getting ready to pull stock motor an put the new crate engine I bought extra an built from crank up made many of mods alot of part upgrades using few japan engine parts ported head as well manifold for carb which is running nibbi pe28mm used different clutch basket as well clutch plates an springs will be running on dyno here in next hour once done an bike for couple miles ill then remove engine an go back thru an check everything at which point ill post what was done parts used as well cost an time needed to do your engine or just head mods an porting