Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2023, 07:54 PM   #1

Is TX PowerSports, and Arlington PowerSports the same business?

I have already made up my mind that I am going to get another bike, and I would buy a Templar X , but from what I have gathered, there is some risk of not being able to register them, because,from what I understand ,they are technically off road bikes. I can buy a 2003 DRZ400 S version with just over 16,000 miles, for $3,000, and it's listed as having new tires, but from the pictures they don't look as agressive as I would like. I talked to the guy, and he was talking about something being out of wack with the forks, or handlebars, or something, I really didn't understand how he was describing it. He said it doesn't really affect the bike. He lives in Marietta Ohio, which is about 50 miles up Interstate 77 from me, and while I would love to have a DRZ400, I don't really know how many miles before one can expect to start replacing clutches, and stators, and sprockets, I know they have a good reputation, but I have also seen somewhere that they have cam, or timing chain issues, but I don't know. Do you think that a new Lifan KPX, or for about the same price the DRZ is a better choice. MotoCheeze did a video the other day, and they are selling for $2899, at TX PowerSports. I think he said something about using a MotoCheeze code to save another $25.00, or $50.00.

Old 09-01-2023, 08:11 PM   #2

Same scumbag owns both ,motocheeze is also a scumbag for promoting Manny for a free bike .

Old 09-01-2023, 08:37 PM   #3

Are they not a good business?

Old 09-01-2023, 10:51 PM   #4

Why would motocheeze deal with manny? Is he not a moderator on this site.

Old 09-01-2023, 10:55 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzz View Post
Why would motocheeze deal with manny? Is he not a moderator on this site.
Not that I am aware of ,he is a YouTuber that must get free gummy bears and a dirt bike from Manny .

Old 09-01-2023, 10:57 PM   #6

Who is Manny, and what did he do ?
Any opinions on which bike, the DRZ400 with a little over 16,000, or the Lifan KPX?

Old 09-01-2023, 11:00 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Hilly View Post
Are they not a good business?
Worst in the china bike business ,search “manny” on this site and be thankful you did before you sent a penny in that direction .

Old 09-01-2023, 11:01 PM   #8

he owns a bunch of dealerships in texas that sells china bikes, will rip ypu off if given the chance

Old 09-01-2023, 11:04 PM   #9

Sounds pretty cheezy

Old 09-02-2023, 11:25 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzz View Post
he owns a bunch of dealerships in texas that sells china bikes, will rip ypu off if given the chance
Do you mean sends a cheaper model bike?, or no bike at all? Any bike I buy, I need to be able to get registered. Does he not send the proper paperwork?

Old 09-02-2023, 04:33 PM   #11

You have been here for more than 2 years and you haven’t yet found the “search” feature at the top of the page ? It works ,try it out .

Old 09-02-2023, 05:26 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruces View Post
You have been here for more than 2 years and you haven’t yet found the “search” feature at the top of the page ? It works ,try it out .
The search doesn't work right, and kicks off of the page when I try to enter something in the search box, BUT, I did figure it out, and it will work by hitting advanced option. I did read some, but not all of the post concerning Manny, and it seems like there are some "hidden" charges that have been added to some folks bills, and some very slow shipping. I didn't know about the poor reputation of TX PowerSports, and the other businesses ran by Manny when I ordered my first Chinese bike, and I almost ordered a Hawk from either TX, or Arlington PowerSports at the time, but I was afraid too order one because, it said something about the Hawks not having the placard declaring them approved for highway use. I ended up buying a Brozz, because, I knew they did have the placard, and because of Peace Sports, and Jeff's good reputation. The reason that I'm a little leery to buy a Templar X is similar. On the sights that sell them they are concidered off road bikes. I've been reading up on them though, and evidently they have aluminum alloy rims, and a 3 link rear suspension. I would buy one in a heartbeat, if I knew it could be registered. I don't like the fact that TX PowerSports charged for the MCO, but I would be willing to accept somewhat slower shipping to save $250 bucks. It also seems like people are getting the Lifan KPX with empty batteries, with no caps. I don't know if that's everywhere, or just Manny's operations. . I am still concidering the Suzuki DRZ 400, as well as a Kawasaki KLR650 that I seen today. I don't particularly think I would care for the weight of the KLR though. The guy that owns the KLR is closer, but evidently out of town till the 12th.
This is the DRZ. I talked to the guy on the phone, and said I hated to negotiate price on the phone, but since he put obo, I asked what he was thinking, and he said $3,000. https://m.facebook.com/marketplace/i...6899890715374/

Here is the KLR, which is possibly a better deal. I know that I could get it for $3,000, or a little less.https://m.facebook.com/marketplace/i...14/?ref=search

Old 09-03-2023, 05:13 PM   #13

I used PayPal. I think it's the same guy. Cheaper than anywhere else. He kept stalling over a month after the sale. I made a complaint to PayPal and got my money back. I paid a little more and bought one just down the road in Florida already put together.

Old 09-03-2023, 08:06 PM   #14

I actually bought my Magician before I was on this site. I bought it from Texaspowersports with no problems, and they sent me a head gasket to replace the one that was on mine originally that leaked. Would I do it again? Probably not with others available that seem better.

2016 Magician 250