Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2023, 07:57 PM   #1

2023 TBR7 Petcock replacement question

Hey. The petcock on my tbr7 started leaking some gas today. Went to tighten and just poured out everywhere. Took some rough measurements. The nut connecting the tank to the petcock was a 22mm. Used an adjustable wrench to find the actual threaded portion was 16mm. When looking, do I search for a 16mm petcock? Not entirely sure, so I figured I should probably ask yall.

UPDATE: New petcock went on easily. Did mount it slightly sideways to prevent the fuel line from getting close to the top end (fuel outlet was on the left side compared to the right). For those that may want a link to an option without a reserve feature. I found it on amazon. The link is https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00XVS3FXW

Last edited by Zynice; 10-01-2023 at 02:37 PM. Reason: Added the update

Old 09-29-2023, 08:44 PM   #2

Direct replacement is kind of expensive
https://www.taotaopartsdirect.com/pr...7-fuel-petcock

Maybe a generic will work and save you $15 or more
search TBR7 petcock. Lots of potential parts from ebay, Amazon others with a similar looking connection

Old 09-29-2023, 08:59 PM   #3

Ohh I gotcha. Preciate you a lot. Found one that was only $8 on amazon. Also did double check and it was 16mm and not 15mm. Dunno how to edit my previous post though lol

Old 09-30-2023, 06:48 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zynice View Post
Ohh I gotcha. Preciate you a lot. Found one that was only $8 on amazon. Also did double check and it was 16mm and not 15mm. Dunno how to edit my previous post though lol
If you are logged in, the edit button is in lower right next to the quote button in your posts. I used the quote button in your post above to make this post. The edit button is right to the left of the quote button in your posts when you are logged in. You will have the option to delete your post in the edit screen as well (must check delete, then delete button). Adding a reason for deleting is optional.

Last edited by Thumper; 09-30-2023 at 09:10 AM.

Old 09-30-2023, 10:52 AM   #5

A while back, I had a little issue with my TBR7 suddenly wanting to spit, and I made the mistake of removing the little bowl on the bottom of the petcock with pliers, not knowing how thin, and soft it was. I developed a little leak from a pin hole caused by the teeth on the pliers, and ended up ordering this one from Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B08PK...b_b_asin_title

Old 09-30-2023, 12:30 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
If you are logged in, the edit button is in lower right next to the quote button in your posts. I used the quote button in your post above to make this post. The edit button is right to the left of the quote button in your posts when you are logged in. You will have the option to delete your post in the edit screen as well (must check delete, then delete button). Adding a reason for deleting is optional.
Oh thats nifty. Thank you

Old 09-30-2023, 12:32 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Hilly View Post
A while back, I had a little issue with my TBR7 suddenly wanting to spit, and I made the mistake of removing the little bowl on the bottom of the petcock with pliers, not knowing how thin, and soft it was. I developed a little leak from a pin hole caused by the teeth on the pliers, and ended up ordering this one from Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B08PK...b_b_asin_title
Oh I gotcha. Yeah I was actually looking at that one in particular lol. Ended up ordering one without a reserve feature though. Probably buy that one as a back up tbh lol. Preciate you