Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2020, 07:50 PM   #1

Extended air fuel mixture screw hawk

Has anybody found and installed a extended air fuel mixture screw for the 2019 hawk 250 stock carburetor. Thank you

Old 05-07-2020, 10:40 PM   #2

A few of us have, and most of us threw it away. There may be a good one out there, but we haven't found one yet.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 05-08-2020, 12:43 AM   #3

No nothing
Only the long tool to adjust is what I’ve found etc

Old 05-08-2020, 04:31 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
A few of us have, and most of us threw it away. There may be a good one out there, but we haven't found one yet.
Dan, why didn’t it work? Did it not meter correctly? I ask because I have one coming next week

Old 05-08-2020, 05:44 AM   #5

The PZ30 carb has functioned perfectly for me. The only areas it is lacking is it's a/f adjuster screw. I adust it by removing the carb but it still doesn't solve the fact that the adjuster screw never really had a defined seated position. I wound it in looking for a seat and never found one, it only gradually started to get tighter. I had planned to solder a brass shaft to the end of the screw along with a penny from the 60's for thumb leverage but found a good setpoint before I got the chance.

The second drawback I keep hearing about is it's restrictive slide. The slide makes a choke point much more so than aftermarket carbs but I've found this to really be a nonissue. Possibly there are a few extra ounces of power hiding in a new carb but I havent needed them yet. I'm not entirely sold on the idea that the stock carb can't be tuned to perform just as good as the aftermarket ones.

Old 05-08-2020, 07:06 AM   #6

careful with extended fuel screws. They make for a huge (relatively) mass at the end of a swinging lever. With vibration, they can "waller" out the threads in the carb.

Old 05-08-2020, 07:22 AM   #7

ebay has a carb kit that includes a extended idle mixture screw, fit the stock carb perfect. Still hard to turn...but you can see if you actually turned the screw.
Search for cg 200 carb kit.

Old 05-08-2020, 09:05 AM   #8

Try TboltUSA.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolynn001 View Post
Has anybody found and installed a extended air fuel mixture screw for the 2019 hawk 250 stock carburetor. Thank you
Try TboltUSA.com. They have two types. One is the kind you can find on ebay for about $8 (like Digger suggests). Tbolt sells for about $14. It is a replacement screw with a knob on the end that has 1 thru 4 numbered at each 90 degree point.

I have one of these on my RXB150 and it works great. I can't imagine the weight of this thing doing anything...it is aluminum and weighs next to nothing.

When installing the order from the carb out is o-ring, washer, spring, then screw. I left in the stock o-ring and washer because they seemed hard to dig out and used the stock spring as the one with the kit was too long.

The other type they have has a cable that comes out and then is fixed with a bracket on one of the carb bowl screws. The adjustment knob is then on the side of the carb. This is about $35.

Don't waste your money on the supposed "tool" to do this. It is nothing more than an extended 90 degree screwdriver that you can get at Harbor Freight for about $8. I tried that and it doesn't work (at least with my old fingers). Next to impossible to hold into place and turn, the blade will constantly slip out of position and then you loose track of your turns in or out.

Orion RXB 150XL

Old 05-12-2020, 09:25 PM   #9

Thank you

Thank you for all the help guys

Old 10-28-2023, 02:41 PM   #10

Has anyone tried this one:

https://tboltusa.com/store/tusk-fuel...k-p-10604.html

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MixtureScrew.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	16.6 KB
ID:	30286  

"If there were more bloody noses, there would be less wars." - Hagbard Celine

"Someday, after mastering the waves, the winds, the tides and gravity, we shall harness for God the energies of love and then, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire." - Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Old 10-29-2023, 10:27 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdano711 View Post
Yes, and it vibrated out and fell off more than once. Ultimately, wasn't worth the hassle.

A flat 1/4" driver bit stuck into a 1" piece of vac hose on the original mixture screw has served me well.

Old 10-29-2023, 11:56 AM   #12

I struggled for a good while, but learned to cope with the mixture screw on this type carb, and then I discovered that I have had a tool for years that really works well. I just didn't know it. Years ago me and the wife went to a yard sale, and I bought 2 small tool kits. I used one , and still use it often, but the other, I just put down around the spare of the car, and pretty much forgot about it. It's basically a small strange ratchet that you squeeze, and instead of having a reverse, you just turn it over. It comes with different inserts, as well as a square drive. I just used a small flat bit with it, and it works well. Before that I had learned to just be patient, and carry a flat bit taped into a small socket, and give it a small turn when cold, because I had to use both hands, pretty much holding it in place with the fingers of one hand, and getting a little turn with the other. I really can't remember exactly, but while being akward, it not too difficult on a cool enough motor that the exhaust is not hot. I would then ride the bike, and turn it again just a hair. Ride it , and repeat until satisfied. It just takes a little patients, but . The little squeeze tool makes it far less trouble.