Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2023, 03:29 AM   #1

Mad Halp! Delphi mt05 issue HAWK DLX

Is there any way to test the computer without a scanner? Issue is the fuel pump isn't priming (can hot wire and heat it pump), no spark but am getting power to the coil via multimeter, Killswitch can be by passed and still nothing. Changed the main relay, fuses are good, have battery on jumper cables with exactly 12V. Kick start does nothing to feed fuel or spark.
Fair to say ECM is shot or is there any other way of testing it without spending 100$ when a new ECM cost just as much. Ready to sell the dang thing

Old 12-07-2023, 04:30 AM   #2

Get it running, then sell it. I am pretty sure you will lose more selling a basket case than the cost of parts. I agree that it sounds like the module is failing to control fuel metering and trigger the coil. If the wiring harness is OK, you are probably right... ECM fail. EFI is nice when it is working.

If you succeed in selling it, get a bike with a plain ol' CDI and a carburetor. It is easier to troubleshoot. Much simpler. Just my humble opinion.

Old 12-07-2023, 09:26 AM   #3

There was a lot more that led up to mine I may be assuming but it sounds like I'm having the same problem I'm curious on how it was acting before it stopped starting

Old 12-08-2023, 01:12 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharaoh View Post
There was a lot more that led up to mine I may be assuming but it sounds like I'm having the same problem I'm curious on how it was acting before it stopped starting

It would randomly stall out while riding, tach ended up not really reading properly, it would start and idle without any issues, the CEL was always on but when doing key strokes to pull codes it wouldn't blink or reset. When it died out this time it ended up riding fine for a mile, shift to neutral coming to a stop, and engine died. Tried to kick start and bump start down a hill and nothing. I pushed it home where I managed to kick it over and idle for about 10 seconds then die. Next day I hooked jumper cables from the jeep while it was turned off and still nothing. Couldn't get pump to prime or anything

Old 12-08-2023, 02:49 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor4809 View Post
It would randomly stall out while riding, tach ended up not really reading properly, it would start and idle without any issues, the CEL was always on but when doing key strokes to pull codes it wouldn't blink or reset. When it died out this time it ended up riding fine for a mile, shift to neutral coming to a stop, and engine died. Tried to kick start and bump start down a hill and nothing. I pushed it home where I managed to kick it over and idle for about 10 seconds then die. Next day I hooked jumper cables from the jeep while it was turned off and still nothing. Couldn't get pump to prime or anything
Yeah it seems to be something flawed about the DLX that no one can put their finger on

Old 12-10-2023, 09:56 AM   #6

Ya i would buy only carburetor model, these bike are cheap for a reason.Good luck!