Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2024, 08:36 PM   #1

What oil for the xpro templar

Was wondering what oil is everyone using in the Templar 250 X.I heard from someone that an oil with a lot of zinc is good for these engines. Rotella 15-40 ?

Old 01-23-2024, 09:42 AM   #2

Same as my Hondas, I'm running Wal-Mart sourced Valvoline "motorcycle/ATV oil". They also have Supertech synthetic which I run in the bikes that are broken in. Not real into putting diesel oil into gasoline engines. You can, especially in motorcycles, because of similar additive packs, and people certainly do. Not really any extra zinc in API CK-4 diesel oil, Rotella or not. You can save a dollar or two with Rotella I guess, but the thing only holds a quart.

Old 01-23-2024, 05:36 PM   #3

templar oil

Thanks GypsyR. Just want to put the right stuff in it for the break in period. Then I'd consider a synthetic or a synthetic blend after break in. I know it's always subjective which one is "the" oil to use. I just don't want to put anything in it to effect the wet clutches in in a bad way. I'm sure if you keep it changed often it should give good service.

Old 01-23-2024, 11:13 PM   #4

That's why you want to use "motorcycle" oil exactly. Because of the friction additive pack for your clutches. Years ago someone discovered Rotella diesel oil happened to have equivalent additives in it too. Hence the popularity of it. If I needed oil and there were no motorcycle specific oils available I'd think nothing of using Rotella. But when there are other choices...that's just me.