Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2023, 03:22 AM   #181

Cold start video. I was pleasantly surprised.

"If there were more bloody noses, there would be less wars." - Hagbard Celine

"Someday, after mastering the waves, the winds, the tides and gravity, we shall harness for God the energies of love and then, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire." - Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Old 05-19-2024, 08:25 PM   #182

Found a new to me trail behind my place. Kinduvan extension of the "Ride Around The Hood", will get video soon. Until then, the first wreck on my Hawk wasn't even me. My brother-in-law Ray came by the house and I let him ride it. He put it right into the fence, lol. Wedged the front tire in good where you see the marks. Rotated the brake lever out of level and popped the mirror off. All was set right and I got him out on the road after a quick How To Feather The Clutch tutorial/refresher. Should've seen him speed shifting up the hill. I've never heard my bike while someone else is riding it. Sucker is LOUD with the new pipe and sounds freakin' awesome. Pics of the evidence:

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20240519_180314_Resized.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	292.2 KB
ID:	31455   Click image for larger version

Name:	20240519_180449_Resized.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	280.4 KB
ID:	31456   Click image for larger version

Name:	20240519_180527_Resized.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	288.7 KB
ID:	31457  

"Someday, after mastering the waves, the winds, the tides and gravity, we shall harness for God the energies of love and then, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire." - Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Old 05-19-2024, 09:17 PM   #183

It’s not “rays” fault ,the bike was delivered on a pallet ,and that “fence” is a pallet ,so really the bike was just heading home and ray was just along for the ride .
How long does a painted pallet last as a fence ?they rot really quickly at my camp unpainted ,so is it worth it to paint them ?

Old 05-20-2024, 04:20 AM   #184

Classic "I haven't ridden in years" mistake. He let the clutch out instead of pulling it back in. I thought I saw the front tire come off the ground. lol He throttled into that fence, and it took it better than any fence I've ever known. Didn't even punch thru with the tire, sucker got wedged instead.

Pallet fence is going 4 years strong thru harsh Wyoming winters. Definitely worth painting. In fact, I gotta get a fresh coat on it.