Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2008, 02:46 PM   #76

LOL.BONFIRE AHOY....
I removed all rear brake components...no sign of leake after spraying with brake cleaner.....only thing is one piston seems pushed out further than the other......possibly crystalized fluid in behind preventing it from closing.my bro is coming over to remove them and re-install.hopefully thats the prob......hopefully you get your bike up to par...its not just a China bike thing all the maintenance.....I saw a KTM almost get smoked yesterday because its brake light went out and the guy was kick starting after it stalled at a green light??? 8O

Old 08-08-2008, 03:37 PM   #77

Yes a spell checker would quicken my pace a lot, zack. :oops:

Proper maintenance is the key on that one enigmatic friend.
I'm not going to explain what I've been doing wrong when I tune up my bike, lets just say that I've got a lot of learning to do. I'm looking forward to setting it up properly, it should get it running even better :twisted: . But right now I'm sitting in the corner with a dunce cap on, kicking myself. :oops:

Old 08-08-2008, 07:10 PM   #78

LOL.Ironfist.Im sure your doing alot better than me.lol.......
The sad thing is that no matter what these bikes are just mortals......you can fix them and ride them but sooner or later something is going to go that you just cant replace.hopefully that doesnt happen anytime soon.or there is a boom in replacement parts! :roll:

Old 09-06-2008, 11:30 PM   #79

So on Friday morning I'm WOT at 120kph up the Hwy 400, just passed 3000km on the OD when the vibs get worse than normal, so I pull over for a roadside inspection. Can't find anything wrong so I start up again and get about 100yrds when the rear wheel jumps to the right.
I get to the side of the road again and look for the issue.
A sheared swing arm bolt!
It had sheared at the nut and pulled out about 3/4".
So I forced the rear end around to align the hole with the bolt and drove it in where it held by a fraction of an inch. Just enough to allow me to limp back into town (4km) along the side of the highway.

I have always been nervous about the bolts on this flimsy rig, but didn't think it would happen to me. So I will now go through the process of replacing ALL of them. I am not going to leave my family without a father because of this cheap chinese junk. (no pun intended).
I'm sure they are laughing their a$$e$ off at me now!

Careful out there all you HSUN, VIVA and SunL riders!
Riding a blue plated HSUN 200GY (Otherwise know as a ULIKE 200GY, SUNL 200GY or a VIVA SX200S), a 2010 Gio Mini Hummer 110cc ATV, 2010 Gio T3 Rebel ATV, and a 2002 Kawasaki KLR650, 70cc Katera dirtbike, and a 49cc GIO dirtbike...so far!

Old 09-07-2008, 12:25 AM   #80

I am just glad you had the sence to pull it over 8O yes, there is a few things on this bike that can create a catastrophic failure and I belive that is definatly one. Hope you are back and riding the new and improved horse soon.

Old 09-07-2008, 12:13 PM   #81

I know the Viva's had some problems breaking swingarm bolts a while back too. For sure that is NOT a good one to lose. Another good reason for a pre-ride check everytime you swing your leg over the seat!

Current Chinabikes: 2023 Titan DLX & 2022 Lifan KP Mini w/ 210cc BRT kit, 22 RWHP!

Old 09-07-2008, 12:51 PM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronFist
I'm meeting dagger tomorrow, downtown Toronto, but he doesn't have a bike here. I still haven't gone for a ride with anyone.

Pick a day and I'll be there. If the weather sucks we can re-book. Even if it's for an hour, it would be very cool just to meet a chinarider :o Sounds like you've been working too hard anyway, a ride on highway 7 can clear a mind very quickly.
Iron,

Know the feeling. Still have yet to ride with another soul after so many months and almost 5000km. :(

Squishy,

My Hsun has been trouble free. Suppose that many issues have to do with highway usage. 3/4 of my riding has been at 35-40mph. That's probably the kind of riding the Chinese build their bikes for.

These bikes aren't highway bikes -guess that's what i'm trying to say. Which is fine if you can make your routes avoid the freeways as i'm able to do. You can go anywhere you want in WV and never break 45mph top speed.

IMO it's a lot more enjoyable that way. Beautiful countryside is everywhere!!

Old 09-08-2008, 01:01 AM   #83

Thanks guys.
I would equate the swing arm bolt with the bolt(s) that hold the blades on a helicopter. 8O

I pulled the broken bolt out today and found that the bolt didn't have a trace of grease on it, even though there is a grease fitting mounted there for it. I think this bolt was possibly compromised because of that. Being that it is supposed to be lubricated. Just a thought.
The new one will be lubed.

I also pulled most of the engine mount bolts and use the polyurethane glue on them. I can't believe how sloppy they are in those holes! One of the main lower bolt nuts stripped inside the socket, making it impossible to remove without special measures. Must be that high quality metal again!
Any way, I'll see if that helps drop the vibes.

Oh, and one more thing. The same trip that I lost the swing arm bolt, the right side passenger foot peg fell off. That made me mad too! :x :x :x
Riding a blue plated HSUN 200GY (Otherwise know as a ULIKE 200GY, SUNL 200GY or a VIVA SX200S), a 2010 Gio Mini Hummer 110cc ATV, 2010 Gio T3 Rebel ATV, and a 2002 Kawasaki KLR650, 70cc Katera dirtbike, and a 49cc GIO dirtbike...so far!

Old 09-08-2008, 08:50 AM   #84

Think part of the problem with the bolts is the nuts they use. They appear to be self-locking. Unfortunately, they bind too tightly sometimes. Trying to LOOSEN one one time and ended up shredding the threads on the bolt like it had seized or something. :?

Might end up replacing them all with castled nuts and hardened steel bolts. :wink:

Old 09-08-2008, 04:36 PM   #85

Glad your OK, the bolts on these frustrate me too......one of the reasons I decided not to opt for anymore speed on my HSUN is the lack of control etc.....I feel on the HSUN anyways mechanical performance enhancements are a bit of a no no.I experimented with lighting changes and found that the stock parts work best, I am happy with my headlight mod but required major assistance from my brother a certified mechanic who has lots of experience with bikes, he discoraged me from the sprocket mod, take it easy squish, these are a different type of bike for someone who doesnt mind a little rough ridin'!

Old 09-08-2008, 07:54 PM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainsquishy
Thanks guys.
I would equate the swing arm bolt with the bolt(s) that hold the blades on a helicopter. 8O

I pulled the broken bolt out today and found that the bolt didn't have a trace of grease on it, even though there is a grease fitting mounted there for it. I think this bolt was possibly compromised because of that. Being that it is supposed to be lubricated. Just a thought.
The new one will be lubed.

I also pulled most of the engine mount bolts and use the polyurethane glue on them. I can't believe how sloppy they are in those holes! One of the main lower bolt nuts stripped inside the socket, making it impossible to remove without special measures. Must be that high quality metal again!
Any way, I'll see if that helps drop the vibes.

Oh, and one more thing. The same trip that I lost the swing arm bolt, the right side passenger foot peg fell off. That made me mad too! :x :x :x
My right side passenger foot peg fell off too and I know of another HSUN owner who's R side ft peg fell off. So weird! Can SOMEONE please post a picture of this "grease fitting" on their swing arm? I need to grease mine but don't know what to look for. Thanks! -Cory

Old 09-08-2008, 08:08 PM   #87

I'll get that to you tomorrow. (pic) but its right on the top of the sleeve the swing arm bolt goes through. Looks like nipple. I have 5000 of them in a box beside the bike right now.

I guess that since this is the first bike I have ever driven, I seem to push it to its limits.
The new bolt I got was a touch too big in diameter, so I had a buddy turn it down in his machine shop today. Fits nice now.
I needed the assistance of two employees to line up the holes for insertion though.
Drive test tomorrow.

Old 09-09-2008, 05:58 AM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by elroyjetsn
Beautiful countryside is everywhere!!
Amen, Brother :wink:

Montani Semper Liberi,
Tigertamer

CAUTION
Obey The Traffic Regulation.
Always Wear a Helmet.
Don't Ride After Drinking Wine.
Before Operation, Read The Owners Manual Carefully.

Old 09-09-2008, 09:40 AM   #89

I guess that since this is the first bike I have ever driven, I seem to push it to its limits.
Squish

It always suprized me that for so many members a chinabike is not their first and/or only ride. Because of the price of Canadian bikes and insurance, I thought there would be more first time riders riding chinabikes. I thought that Squishy and I would be the norm. Good on you Squishy, keeping a chinabike on the road yourself, as a new rider, is tough. It is extra work to keep a safe chinabike. A lot of new riders (here) buy brand new sports bikes. They don't know about mantainance, even for their japanese bikes, and don't really want to know. The habits you pick up owning a chinabike as a first bike will do you good for the rest of your riding life. My hat goes off to Squishy. Good on you man. I know the learning curve that you have climbed. :wink:

Old 09-09-2008, 04:45 PM   #90

Exactly Iron, a brand new KLR would be a breeze after riding the China bike, get the most out of your bike though Squish they are not all that bad once you get the hang of it!