Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Registration Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2008, 10:28 PM   #1

not able to get NVIS & Bill of Sale from Ontario dealer

I bought two 200 GY bikes by phone from a dealer in Toronto and they won't give me the paper work to register it. I need the NVIS form and the Billl of Sale. Has anyone else had this experience? What can I do about this?

Old 09-10-2008, 04:38 AM   #2

Send a message via Yahoo to DDG1976
I don't know how or if the Better Business Bureau works there, but I had to call them and get an arbitrator to settle my problems.

Old 09-10-2008, 12:42 PM   #3

Use a credit card to pay for them? If so call the card company and have the do a chargeback

Old 09-10-2008, 05:08 PM   #4

Who did you buy from? We have a couple members in the Toronto area that may be able pound on the door.

Allen

Old 09-10-2008, 08:09 PM   #5

Re: not able to get NVIS & Bill of Sale from Ontario dea

Quote:
Originally Posted by smegmike
I bought two 200 GY bikes by phone from a dealer in Toronto and they won't give me the paper work to register it. I need the NVIS form and the Billl of Sale. Has anyone else had this experience? What can I do about this?
smegmike:
I am from Toronto.
Did you pay cash or credit card?
What was the store's name?
Is it a store that is local to you?

I'd treat it like a theft. Credit company if it was a visa purchase. If it was a cash sale, I'd get the police involved.
Post your info here, but give me a PM. If you are 416 or 905 it's not long distance and you can call me.

Old 09-10-2008, 08:21 PM   #6

Hey, I want to know too!
Riding a blue plated HSUN 200GY (Otherwise know as a ULIKE 200GY, SUNL 200GY or a VIVA SX200S), a 2010 Gio Mini Hummer 110cc ATV, 2010 Gio T3 Rebel ATV, and a 2002 Kawasaki KLR650, 70cc Katera dirtbike, and a 49cc GIO dirtbike...so far!

Old 09-11-2008, 02:18 AM   #7

bill of sale and NVIS

We just received our paper work for the bikes Wednesday morning. The dealer is Allwheels Motorsports in Toronto. We had to threaten them with legal action. Part of the complication was that they would not do a credit card transaction so I did a bank transfer and once they got the money they BS'd us for the next three weeks as to where the bikes were. When they finally came in there were no NVIS forms and no Bill of Sale so then the fight was on to get the papers. They are not good to deal with. The Better Business Bureau web site says it all and I wished I had checked it before I did business with them. NOW WE HAVE ANOTHER PROBLEM!!!The NVIS form they gave us is not the regular government NVIS form that I am used to seeing. It is more of a certificate (8.5" x11.5"). It looks like a birth certificate. My local Licensing Office faxed it to their head office and they said that the importer (SUN ONLAKE INTERNATIONAL) is not a legal importer and the NVIS form I showed them is not valid. That seems odd because I see that this importer is on a Canadian Government web site. And now we need some import forms that we will have a hard time to get. The licensnig office is treating us as though we are trying to pull off something illegal but all we want to do is get these two bikes registerd for the road that we legally purchased. I see that there is another guy in this forum (Brainsquishy) that has had a similar problem and I would really appreciate some help with this from him or anyone so we can get these bikes on the road. We have our mecanical safety but we can go no further.. One thing I would like to know from Brainsqishy is what your NVIS form looked like.Thanks for reading this and please help us!!

Old 09-11-2008, 03:16 AM   #8

What is a NVIS???
Technically, your bill of sale is proof of purchase.(Even a bank transpher receipt) By law.

Do you have the title? I'd present it as legal, tell yourself, and the lady behind the desk that it's not you that's pulling a fast one. That is the the title that the company told you to present. Don't sweat.
Can you try it at a different registration office.

If they treat you like a crook, don't let it phase you.

I'm in Toronto. I've never heard of Allwheels Motorsports in Toronto. But if they are here, and you want me to stop in and talk to them about your (NVIS?) I will. That's about all I can do.

Old 09-11-2008, 09:31 AM   #9

NVIS is "NEW VEHICLE INROMATION STATEMENT". and yes, Allwheels is in Toronto (Concord). The NVIS given to me is causing registration problems because it is not the usual form that the licensing office normally sees.

Old 09-11-2008, 11:58 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainsquishy
Hey, I want to know too!
Which Office did you use to get registered? I am in the Sudbury area and I called one Barrie office and I'm getting the same runaround there that I'm getting around here. How did you get around this? The Barrie licensing office says that it is possible that the ministry won't allow these bikes from that manufacturer and importer to be registered. What do you think I should do? Do you have the name of the individual that helped you register your bike?

Old 09-11-2008, 12:00 PM   #11

That's understandable. Are they saying they won't plate it, or they don't know??

If the bike is unplateable, get it in writing. The store sold you a plateable bike. If you want me to go there in person, (If you think it will help) Give me a PM. That's all I can think of. I'd treat it like a theft. If there is anything more I can do, let me know.

I got mine plated here in Toronto. My wife's crying helped. I got my bike from Daymak.com . Not that they helped any. I needed no NVIS

Insurance.
Registration.
Title.
Bill of sale.
Safety certificate.
Pay the taxes.
Get the plate.

Old 09-11-2008, 12:28 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronFist
That's understandable. Are they saying they won't plate it, or they don't know??

If the bike is unplateable, get it in writing. The store sold you a plateable bike. If you want me to go there in person, (If you think it will help) Give me a PM. That's all I can think of. I'd treat it like a theft. If there is anything more I can do, let me know.

I got mine plated here in Toronto. My wife's crying helped. I got my bike from Daymak.com . Not that they helped any. I needed no NVIS

Insurance.
Registration.
Title.
Bill of sale.
Safety certificate.
Pay the taxes.
Get the plate.
The licensing office says they THINK it can't be plated. I have my NVIS form, Bill of Sale showing the taxes paid etc., my safety certificate and insurance. The licensing ofice says that the bike was not imported by a licensed importer but I can't find that out for sure. I have ben in contact with a numer of registration offices but I'm getting no where and Allwheels is no help at all. Allwheels sold it to me as bike that can be plated offroad but they told me that a safety certificate wll allow it to be registered on road. Do you know of a licensing office (a paricular individual's name or position would be helpful) in your area that can be more accomadating than what I've experienced so far? Thanks.

Old 09-11-2008, 04:04 PM   #13

Sorry man I saw the lady 4 times in 1 day. I didn't catch her name. I don't know anyone at the DMV personally. My bike was a Xingyue. I'm sure it wasn't on any official bike list. Mine was a dirtbike with lights. No import papers. They never asked.

Old 09-11-2008, 05:07 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronFist
Sorry man I saw the lady 4 times in 1 day. I didn't catch her name. I don't know anyone at the DMV personally. My bike was a Xingyue. I'm sure it wasn't on any official bike list. Mine was a dirtbike with lights. No import papers. They never asked.
I'm getting the idea afte dealing with this for a while now that it all depends on me getting in touch with the right licensing person who is willing to help me and not necessarily what the "rules" are. Thses bikes came with everything needed for the road ... signal lights, horn, reflectors, headlight, tail/brake light, speedometer, mirrors etc. The only modification that was made was to alter the wiring to give me day time running lights. I have a mechanical/safety certificate from a certified inspection garage verifying that it is road worthy. Today the I called the licensing office in Barrie and that lady tells me that the province won't license certain chinese bikes for on or off road in the province of Ontario. She said that the make of the bike I have could be one such bike but when she went to get that bit of information the name of the "banned" bike or bikes were not the same make of bike that mine is (ULIKE GY200). The lady at the Sudbury licensing office can't get it out of her head that we are trying to pull something off. Each government agency tells me to call another agency and it is just a vicious circle. The agencies do not communicate with each other either.

Old 09-11-2008, 09:51 PM   #15

Send a message via Yahoo to maf119l
Have you ask them to call when they tell you to call another agency?Maybe 2 of them talking together can figure out what is actually required.