Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2008, 04:58 PM   #1

Send a message via Yahoo to FlourMiller
2007 ShineRay xyi200 Exhaust

Does anyone know where I could get an exhaust header for these bikes without having to buy the whole exhaust? I was driving home from work one day and the clamp worked its way loose and the header popped out and within about 2 seconds that it took to look down the flange bolts vibrated loose and the header flew off and I could not find it. After looking online I thought I would try you guys for a cheap solution if one is to be found, should I upgrade to a whole system if one exists or just replace the header?
I know one thing, if I get one with a cat in it I will definately be reaming that out, man did my bike have great pick up after the header fell off, also it left a nice little burn circle in the back fo the fender and melted some of the clutch cable covering. I figure that I will saw the back half of the fender off anyway because it is rubbing on my frame. I am also in the middle of swapping my rear 56t sprocket out for a 44t one and am wondering if I should shorten up the chain or get a new shorter one? Any advice/thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
I found this on 200cc 4wheeler exhaust on ebay here http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/New-2...mZ150252900207
I was wondering if this would work if nothing else is available cheap. I could cut the pipe where I needed it to meet up with the rest of mine and weld it together if the flange sizing is right. Just a thought.
44t rear sprocket
Drilled and cut silencer

Old 09-15-2008, 05:25 PM   #2

no good at all. sorry to hear of the plight.

as for the header, there are several mambers that have used the xr200 header pipe wait for them to let you know.

the other and possiably more expensive option is take the bike down to a muffler shop and have them bend you a new one.

Old 09-15-2008, 09:07 PM   #3

Send a message via Yahoo to FlourMiller
I don't know if a muffler shop can get a pipe that small or bend that tight but I do have a small bike company(50cc) in my area that may be able to do it. I am going to call them tomorrow and see if they have the pipes and machines to do it and what it will cost. I'll keep everybody posted.
44t rear sprocket
Drilled and cut silencer

Old 09-16-2008, 12:38 PM   #4

The xr200/crf headpipe or an ATC 200 headpipe will most likely work.

Allen

Old 09-16-2008, 02:38 PM   #5

Send a message via Yahoo to DDG1976
I know you don't want a whole exhaust, but maybe you could call and see if they can order the header tube seperate (if this one will work).
http://www.hooperimports.com/product..._id=LF200Exhst