Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2008, 05:35 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon
I want to be able to do what the guys in the video below do.

You need to watch some trials video then.

Specialized bikes. Takes alot of skill and practice.

Allen

Old 09-19-2008, 05:39 PM   #17

I did a wheelie once. I was angry at a car and gunned the throttle in anger. Never again. :wink:

Old 09-19-2008, 06:17 PM   #18

These bikes can wheelie but it is hard on them.

I find my 200 is more than enough fun for blasting thru the tight trails but still no where close to being able to do trials riding.

I didnt wheelie my DR650 to much, that thing was a heavy big but more than enough power to pull the front end up.

Old 09-19-2008, 06:18 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by red2003
Personally, I wouldn't. As weak as these bikes are in the tranny / chain / rear sprocket drive pins / engine bolts / etc, your gonna bust something sooner or later. JMO.
X2. I tried it enough to see if I could do it, once I rode the back wheel for about 20 feet I was satisfied. The thought a previously fractured rear hub letting go at 50mph was always on my mind.
In the dirt it's not so bad, but on pavement you really have to watch and not just dump the clutch.. and get the timing right when you tug on the bars.

Old 09-19-2008, 07:56 PM   #20

I disagree, China bikes are great for riding trials....if your dressed in only orange speedos and cowboy boots with a big red nose scooting away frpm kids on mountain bikes and oncoming traffic...people would love to see a China bike out there then....honestly, not enough power or durability to handle that kind of riding for very long, but then again some Jap dual sports might not fair so well either, like Suzuki DRZ or KLR from Kawasaki, they are street riders!
China bikes are damn good all around get yourself out and around and have some fun bikes though, you have to go easy on them, a pothole can cause you to sideline the bike and put 3-4 hours into fixing!

Old 09-19-2008, 08:12 PM   #21

I have to confess, I have turned into a hooligan. anywhere there is no pedistrain traffic, houses, cross traffic, or officers of the law "god bless their souls" I do a wheelie, so I guess me and iron are on opposit sides of the riding spectrum on this issue.

I know it is illegle and dangerous... but my bike is kinda like a wicked and very persusive girlfriend.... hard to say no too :oops:

Old 09-19-2008, 09:26 PM   #22

I did it by accident. Of all the people who saw, I was the most shocked. I'm now riding a bike 4 times more powerful and don't do wheelies. (4 times heavier too :oops: )

Anything I've done that was dangerous, I chalk up to a learning mistake, and never do again. A wheelie, on the street, between the streetcar tracks, with a dumptruck next to you ain't cool. Returning home safe after a ride is very cool to me. That's just me, I'm not preaching safety to anyone, just the way I think.

Old 09-19-2008, 11:04 PM   #23

by now you would have thought that nerve snapses have sheared and I would have become a responsable patron of society. I own a house hold down a job and go to school I am by no means uninteligent, I am not sure where my disfunction lies, wreckless driving should not be particapated in, yet I do.

In all honesty, I do belive the bike provokes the mischeif. it is so easy, I can simply twist the throttle and the front wheel levitates... Much like magic

On a serious note, I will never do said acts while driving in traffic and never around pedistrains. there is plenty of back roads for me to end over on. I will take my unnamed gal there to be wicked.

Old 09-20-2008, 01:15 AM   #24

Alonzo:

"In all honesty, I do belive the bike provokes the mischeif."

Those are intelligent words! It's why I don't want a 650 any time soon. I'm trying to be responsible. :?

Old 09-20-2008, 07:55 AM   #25

I'm in the alonzo club on this one.

I've done wheelies and fishtails on the 883 while riding two-up! Of course the wheelies are easier to perform on the Sportster...and the motorcycle was in control of me in those instances :twisted:

That's the 5% of riding that I consider reckless. 95% of the time, I am quite civil while riding two-up 8)

Kick the tires, and light the fires,
Tigertamer

CAUTION
Obey The Traffic Regulation.
Always Wear a Helmet.
Don't Ride After Drinking Wine.
Before Operation, Read The Owners Manual Carefully.

Old 09-20-2008, 09:57 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronFist
Alonzo:

"In all honesty, I do belive the bike provokes the mischeif."

Those are intelligent words! It's why I don't want a 650 any time soon. I'm trying to be responsible. :?
that is a wise choice,

as far as the wheelies, I am more of a I am a 5/95 civil driver like TT,

To the begenning rider who reads this forum, do not try what TT and me do. I grew up in farmland and have crashed an arsenol of dirt bikes starting when I was 8 or 9 years old. I have been on two wheels for 15+ years now. To risk being arrogent, I have the expirence to know when to back off the machine and know my limits of skill.

If you still wish to learn how to ride like a bafoon get an old cheap jap bike "2 stroke recomended" and every scrap of protective equipment to wear; and spend 1,000nds of hours riding offroad and on closed courses.

Old 09-20-2008, 07:49 PM   #27

I have to admit. On the Lifan power is a limiting factor. But on my DR 650 the story is different. Although I haven't gotten the balance point wheelies down yet, I'm getting closer. Power wheelies are easy in first gear and can be done in second... and I make use of the fact too! It's part of what makes motorcycling fun and as long as I'm fairly careful I don't see that it should be an issue.

Old 09-20-2008, 08:09 PM   #28

being a trials rider i dont see how they done some of that on a enduro but then im not very good and just for refrance there is a chinese bike that can do this altough it not branded as such the parts are chinese but some assembly is done in spain and its not in this country yet its called a xispa
at any rate if you want to learn how to do some of this like the double zap i would suggest contacting the trials training center in tenn. they will go over the basics and rent you the bike the training would help anyone be a better rider
fired roketa,lifan and jet moto and apollo quit me who's next

Old 09-20-2008, 10:19 PM   #29

Here ya go.

Allen

Old 09-20-2008, 10:37 PM   #30

Check out this bike and rider.

Here is a link to the bike itself. http://www.thewhimsicalwagon.com/eurodirt/id176.htm

Allen