Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2008, 10:54 PM   #31

cool bike, cross between an enduro and gas gas trials. wish i had those skills!

Old 09-21-2008, 07:33 AM   #32

Hey, 'lonzo, enjoy reading your stuff -- where's home when it's not raining . . .?

Luke, 11: 21

Old 09-21-2008, 11:02 AM   #33

Thank You sir,

Originally Oegon, "The desert side", currently manhattan kansas.

Old 09-21-2008, 03:52 PM   #34

for anybody who is serious here the link http://www.trialstrainingcenter.com/ ask for catherine they also offer dual sport rides and you can stay at the lodge
fired roketa,lifan and jet moto and apollo quit me who's next

Old 09-23-2008, 10:00 PM   #35

OK, thanks :!:
By reading this thread, I have now become an irresponsible wheelie mad man!
Popped up the front wheel on the first try. (I have never even tried it before).
Throughout the day I popped it up with ever greater eaze and even rode the rear tire for 15 feet. (You may remember this is the first bike I have ever ridden)
Now I don't even seem to try. I'm ADDICTED! :twisted:
I justify them as practise for the trail. Can't wait till tommorrow!
( I will try to behave as a proper responsible adult though :oops: )
Riding a blue plated HSUN 200GY (Otherwise know as a ULIKE 200GY, SUNL 200GY or a VIVA SX200S), a 2010 Gio Mini Hummer 110cc ATV, 2010 Gio T3 Rebel ATV, and a 2002 Kawasaki KLR650, 70cc Katera dirtbike, and a 49cc GIO dirtbike...so far!

Old 09-23-2008, 10:21 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainsquishy
( I will try to behave as a proper responsible adult though :oops: )
Where's the fun in that?

Seriously though. Wear your gear. I've seen some really nasty road rash from wheelies gone wrong. A friend of mine wiped out doing 50mph on the back wheel... nothing on but a lid, shorts and tennis shoes. Lost almost all the skin on is back, shoulder, hip and the side of his leg... infection set in and nearly killed him too. Took a couple of years for him to heal, bunch of skin grafts... So yeah, be careful!

Old 09-23-2008, 10:55 PM   #37

I still can't wheelie. I think I need a bigger sprocket.

Old 09-23-2008, 11:43 PM   #38

carefull with the wheelie thing on these bikes. I do not know how much stress these clutches can handle but 7500 rpms comming down on a 0 rpm clutch is going to cause some major wear.

I say you save your pennies up and get a 400+cc enduro "2000" or newer" and then all you have to do is twist the throttle in first.

I only got the lifan off the ground twice, both times I did was because I was short on temper and long on days, and had nopaitence for a clogged idle jet. and dumped the clutch at 8,000 rpm, even then it was a very slight amount of lift.

Old 09-23-2008, 11:55 PM   #39

My wheelie are on a 42T rear and 17T front sproket. I don't need to rev it up very much at all. ALL gear on, All the time.
Riding a blue plated HSUN 200GY (Otherwise know as a ULIKE 200GY, SUNL 200GY or a VIVA SX200S), a 2010 Gio Mini Hummer 110cc ATV, 2010 Gio T3 Rebel ATV, and a 2002 Kawasaki KLR650, 70cc Katera dirtbike, and a 49cc GIO dirtbike...so far!

Old 09-24-2008, 11:00 AM   #40

I found a new buddy. He used to race cb350's and still has over a dozen in 2 garages. Another 12 spare motors, a rack of frames ect...

We went for a 5 minute ride to his house, he was on his 750 Ducati. No traffic. 8 am Sunday morning. Lot's of stops and starts.

We started slow, like on a vintage ride, him in the lead. At every start he throttled up a little quicker. I thought my bike was kinda speedy.

In a 1/2 mile straight stretch, his front wheel didn't come down till the next stop sign. He doubled his distance from me every second for about 10 seconds, and I was moving as fast as my horse would go.

I want his cb stuff, and I'll go riding with him again when he gets one of his cb's insured, but I'm not following his Ducati any time soon. He's beyond my skill, and his bike is a demon. I think it's dangerous trying to KEEP UP. 8O It's a quick way to start riding beyond one's own skill level, at that point trouble is always just around the corner. Just a humble opinion, from Elmer the safety elephant.

Old 09-24-2008, 12:34 PM   #41

You've got that right, IF . . .

Most of the times I've left blood in the mud, it's from trying to follow someone who was a little better (braver/stupider/luckier) than me.

If I don't learn better by the time I'm 80, I'm giving up . . .

Luke, 11: 21

Old 09-24-2008, 02:35 PM   #42

If I don't learn better by the time I'm 80, I'm giving up . . .
Yep me too.

Old 09-24-2008, 04:29 PM   #43

Had a trials bike for years when i was younger, couldn't get the front wheel to pop up. (lame Suzuki RL250) :x

During hard acceleration on the Viva, the front gets amazingly light in the first 3 gears. But the clutch is just too weak to do the job i guess. For a 200cc, this bike has lots of attitude!

Old 09-24-2008, 07:14 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by alonzo
carefull with the wheelie thing on these bikes. I do not know how much stress these clutches can handle but 7500 rpms comming down on a 0 rpm clutch is going to cause some major wear.
You don't just dump the clutch... let it out fast, but don't just snap it. It's a matter of hitting things just right... as the rpms come up to a certain point you start letting out the clutch... when you feel the bike's front coming up... tug on the bars... it's almost 100% timing. RPM, clutch and tug. The further back on the seat you are the easier the front comes up.. just don't sit so far back you can't control the bike. I started of popping the wheel by dumping the clutch.... it works but is hard on the bike.

Old 09-24-2008, 07:53 PM   #45

LOL....I think wheelies are most hard on bikes when they get dropped due to wheelies......and if you continue to wheelie there will be some drops, it would be fun to do them off-road and even get good at them, there are alot of tricks and safety techniques to master when driving a bike.like Iron said, and I agree, on a China bike its all most more impressive that you didnt just pull off a wheelie as they are quite easy to pop up mostly by accident! :!: