Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-2009, 05:04 PM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by daboostcreep
anyone know what the wheel bolt pattern is?
Tim at Vbike would be your best source for a quick answer.

Here is my quad after the moto decals from Ebay.

IMHO it looks so much better. I know its poser, but I really could care less. :roll: I like it.

Old 03-03-2009, 06:32 PM   #77

Wow look at all those sponsers,whens your first race?
Looks good !
Here is one of the sites I used to research the wheel spacers.
http://www.crjperformance.com/index.html

2007 HI-BIRD 250
2007 Vbike V4S 250

Old 03-03-2009, 10:04 PM   #78

Got my v4sw today! (Right on time)

The green turned out to be WAY nicer than how it looks on the website (Love it!) and the tires have a decent tread(for some reason, they just don't show it in photographs).

Got it half together so far......

I think I'm gonna be a very happy camper with this cicle!

Old 03-03-2009, 11:09 PM   #79

Congratulations, I am having as much fun watching you guys get one as it would be getting one of my own. I won't bother to tell you to keep us posted, because I know you will. That is a great color!

Old 03-03-2009, 11:10 PM   #80

What does that chrome engine plate say on the side of the engine.

Old 03-04-2009, 12:58 AM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealWorld
Congratulations, I am having as much fun watching you guys get one as it would be getting one of my own. I won't bother to tell you to keep us posted, because I know you will. That is a great color!

Thanks! Hehe...it is indeed almost as much fun reading and seeing the chronicles of other's getting one of these things, as it is getting your own!

In the time that I've been researching this and looking at these forums, etc. I've been so "into it" that I don't recall being so enthusiastic about anything in a long time!

...and then waiting for the day that it would finally be delivered and all- sheesh! I feel like a kid! I hope I'll have as much fun riding the thing I have had anticipating it! (I'm sure I will [clears throat] but then again...I really bought this for transportation around my place...and for checking on the cows...and checking the fences and rounding up the cows...and playi....err..uh...checking on the woods.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealWorld
What does that chrome engine plate say on the side of the engine.
I'll let ya know tomorrow. (Wish I woulda thought to look on my own!)

I'll start a new thread about mine. (After all...mine's green!)

C'mon, RealWorld, ya gotsta join the club!

Old 03-04-2009, 08:08 AM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by KentuckyDonkey
Got my v4sw today! (Right on time)
Congrats.....

I hope you enjoy it as much as I do mine. I still kinda chuckle when I think how much they want for a 250 jap quad, and realize what I paid.

Lastnight I found a set of Ramps at my local NorthernTool that were on sale for 50 bucks.. They fold and work perfect for me. With the quad in the truck the ramps slide under it and the tailgate closes.

Ramps

Couple inches to spare.

Ramps under quad.

Old 03-04-2009, 10:34 AM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Universal_Diver

Here is my quad after the moto decals from Ebay.
'Rapidity' wasn't enough for you?

Old 03-04-2009, 10:37 AM   #84

...or would you rather be 'skinnie' than 'rapidity'? :?

-----couldn't resist

Old 03-04-2009, 10:42 AM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune
...or would you rather be 'skinnie' than 'rapidity'? :?

-----couldn't resist
I wondered how long it would take.....

Ive already took a beatdown from a couple friends, now two of them are almost ready to plunk down the cash for this quad.

Maybe I should have kept my piehole shut till I got all I needed. Kinda like what happened to the Hibird if I remember right.

I will get the seat recovered when the sticker wears down. ha ha ha

Old 03-04-2009, 10:57 AM   #86

Yeah, you let the cat out of the bag for the Hi-Bird--they sold out pretty soon after, and never got any more in for the rest of us! Thanks, alot :(

The 'rapidity' label on the seat is almost as iconic as the now legendary 'cool boy' stickers on the Lifan GY-5. 8)

Old 03-05-2009, 10:40 PM   #87

Got mine together! Just gonna give it a final going-over tomorrow, and then she should be ready to fire up!!!

I am REALLY impressed with the quality of this thing for the price! I spotted a few plastic components which might go bye-bye after a few uses....but for the pice, I can live that and find more suitable replacements when necessary.

The upper and lower A-frame ball-studs do not have any grease fittings (as Uni. mentioned earlier). The upper one can be screwed out for replacement (looks like they made it like that so that the camber can be adjusted- nice touch on a cheapo!)- but when the lower one bites the dust...we're screwed.

Looks like they supplied lock washers (!!! :o !!!) to go between the castleated nuts and the hub assembly spindle arms. I replaced them with some flat aluminum washers (for the tie-rod connections too)- I do believe lock washers would cause premature wear on those aluminum "spindle arms".

I have no rear brakes at the moment- probably just needs to be bled.

All in all, I am very happy so far!

RealWorld: The shiny plate on the motor says.....nothing! (Wonder why my motor has the greenish color and Uni's doesn't? From pics on the web, some also seem to have a gold color....)

Hey Uni, could you please post a close-up of your foot-peg hardware situation? Not sure if I did mine right- and I had to improvise, as I seem to be missing two bolts that should be for there......

Assem,bly was easy and straight-forward. I hate having a pile of nuts and bolts and no instruction- because it seems like guessing which fasteners go where can be time-consuming and result in do-overs. But I have to say...this was one project that was easy to figure out...and (so far) no do-overs were required.

Re: Wheel spacers: Something just occured to me as I was assembling this baby- there is no differential! The rear axle is truly solid. Since the rear wheels can not thus turn at different rates of speed when cornering, the wider one makes that rear axle, the more one of the wheels is going to have to skid in turns. I wouldn't think an additional 3" would make a huge difference (especially since these are mainly used on non-paved surfaces)...but it is something to consider- and probably explains why the rears on these things are narrower than the fronts.

Again, I am VERY happy with the quality of the Vbike v4sw for $1275, delivered! In fact, I am AMAZED! How can they do it for this price?! And I am very happy overall with my experience dealing with Tim at Vbike.

Tomorrow: The test-ride!(hopefully)

[I hope Tim doesn't get more of those dual sports in for a while...I'd be too tempted to get one!]

Old 03-05-2009, 11:16 PM   #88

Hey, glad things are going well. Thanks for the info off of the little chrome cover. It would be fun to be an expert on just what the history is on these machines.

Have you read the thread on break in. I believe it is worth reading and doing. I think it is listed under duel purpose. Did you change the oil, no one is sure of the quality of that stuff that came in there. What did Tim say about the dual purpose bikes? I have been trying to get an update on them, but they must be hard for him to get. I don't think they will be HiBirds.

Do we know is this a clone of a Honda, Yamaha or a Suzuki?

Old 03-05-2009, 11:45 PM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by KentuckyDonkey
Again, I am VERY happy with the quality of the Vbike v4sw for $1275, delivered! In fact, I am AMAZED! How can they do it for this price?!
He probably paid 600 maybe 700 dealer cost. I would imagine he gets a whole container. I want to say the guy from the trucking Co. told me the shipping was around 200-250 so he made money, which I am happy to pay because he has always been honest and straight with me.

I have never complained about his pricing, nor have I really tried to beat him up when I call to order. I know he is making enough to run his business and I am not having to pay the HUGE :roll: profit that some of the blowholes want for the same stuff. I could fill two pages on what I think about the so called dealers around me, but I would wind up so tight I would never get to sleep. :wink:

As for the foot pegs........................

I just used some shoulder bolts I had around added a tone of washers to everything especially the plastic stuff and a ton of Vibra tite and red loctite.

Edited to add that my rear and front brakes will lock up the wheels no problem. Didnt have to bleed or add fluids to anything.

Enjoy your toy KentuckyDonkey

Old 03-07-2009, 02:21 AM   #90

Thanks, Uni!

Heh...I'm a cheapskate...but this is one price I can not complain about! I hope Tim is indeed making a decent profit too, so he'll be around for a good long time! (Gonna get that dual sport one day!)

Got mine running today, and took a quick ride across the pasture. Wow...it rides beautiful! Better than the used Jap quads I had looked at!!

Sunday, I just have to adjust the idle, and get the rear brakes workiong and recheck everything and change the original "oil"....

Say, has anyone figured out the fuel shut-off? I'm assuming that straight up is off; horizontal is on and down is reserve?

I'm still amazed- this bike is awesome!! Only negative point for me: These fenders are useless. One quick ride...and when I came back, I had cow poop on my pants! Guess I'm paying a high price because I didn't like the looks of the utilities!

(Hopefully) Sunday, I'll get a chance to take some pics and maybe do a video review.