Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-08-2009, 03:38 PM   #1

bore will it fit

will this bore http://www.daneracing.com/184cc-bore...160-p-259.html fit on my 110cc heres my bike engine http://www.fancyscooters.com/images/IMG_5740_700.jpg

Old 04-08-2009, 03:54 PM   #2

No. It says it only fits the GPX160cc engines.

With your stock bottom end I wouldn't go more than a 140cc.

The 125cc is a good size.

Old 04-08-2009, 04:06 PM   #3

will this one fit http://www.faster-minis.com/engine-z...-kawasaki.html and will i have to get a new carb

Old 04-08-2009, 04:07 PM   #4

Re: bore will it fit

Hey, Capone,

Since you're a young guy, have you ever torn apart an engine before?

I'm just hoping that you know that you have to be VERY meticulous. Everything has to be perfectly clean; bolts have to be torqued to exact specs...everything has to be just right. Thousandths of inch makes a difference between success and failure when messing with the internals of engines.

If you've done it before, or have someone who can help....that's good. If you've never done it before, and are going it alone, you might want to stop and think before you tear into a good motor on a new ATV.

One slip-up, and the motor could be toast.

Starting out on one of these light, simple engines, is a good way to learn- even if you've never done it before- the best way to learn how something works is to take it apart-

I'm not trying to discourage you....but I'd just hate to see you ruin your bike if you don't know what you're getting into. I've rebuilt a few car/truck engines...but I'd still be a little leary of tearing into one of these without a person who was experienced with small engines, for my first time at it.

Just know what you're getting into, so there won't be any surprises- and make sure you understand everything, and that you have the right tools- like a good torque wrench and a ring compressor, etc.

Old 04-08-2009, 04:09 PM   #5

yea my uncle is going to do it for me and will the bore i showed u fit on it and will i need a new carb

Old 04-08-2009, 05:23 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by capone
yea my uncle is going to do it for me and will the bore i showed u fit on it and will i need a new carb
Good deal with your uncle!

I would think that that kit might work. What make is your bike and/or engine? If the KLX engine is the same kind of clone as yours and looks the same and the bore and stroke are the same, then it will work.

Allen can probably say for sure off the top of his head, while I'd have to research it.

Old 04-08-2009, 05:51 PM   #7

i have a 110cc and idk what bike but thats the one i want to get and my uncle he can prob but the bore on because he put one on my bros 125

Old 04-09-2009, 03:29 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by capone
Shouldn't your uncle be answering all these questions?. How about the people that are selling that kit?, they should know what else is required to get the best out of the product they sell.

Of course you'll need a bigger carb, or at the very least jetting up considerably. You'll find the standard carb is only about 18 mm or so. You won't get the full benefit of any conversion with it as it is.
Qingqi QM200GY-BA Super Motard
Yamaha Virago XV1100
Triumph Bonneville SE
Qingqi QM110GY
PGO Bug rider 250 Buggy

Old 04-09-2009, 03:06 PM   #9

That second link is for a kawasaki style. It won't work. You need the honda style.

I think you are trying to go too big.

Allen

Old 04-09-2009, 03:22 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by katoranger

I think you are trying to go too big.

Allen
I'll say! Trying to increase the bore of a single-cylinder engine by nearly 50%!!!! (I'd like to see how long the bearings and crank would last under that kind of stress!)