Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2009, 04:53 AM   #16

Mine came with 428 chain and sprocket combination of 15/48. Even before doing a few mods to exhaust and carburation this gearing was too low for road use. First gear was useless. I now have 15/44 and it's a lot more relaxed on the road and hasn't lost any noticeable acceleration. First gear can now be used and the top speed is about 115 kmh or if you don't mind looking a twat, 125 kmh getting the head down to the bars...
Qingqi QM200GY-BA Super Motard
Yamaha Virago XV1100
Triumph Bonneville SE
Qingqi QM110GY
PGO Bug rider 250 Buggy

Old 04-01-2009, 06:25 AM   #17

Send a message via MSN to pac1982
Right well i spoke to Sinnis and Superbyke today and i got a bit of a mixed responce.

I spoke to Superbyke first who told me they could supply the 200cc cylinder for £140 a piston for £59.99 and a head for £120 but the person i spoke to seemed to think they wouldnt fit for some reason?

I then spoke to Sinnis to see if i could get the parts any cheaper but for some reason the refused to sell me the parts saying they would only supply them to dealers??

I'm also wondering if i will need the head and cam from the 200cc version as some people seem to think the 125cc version has the same head and cam as the 200cc

Old 04-01-2009, 07:40 AM   #18

Whitewalls on a scoot!. Pure awesomeness.

"The beatings will continue until moral improves"

Old 04-01-2009, 07:43 AM   #19

Typical shortsighted attitude. They believe they're protecting their dealers, but all they're doing is alienating potential customers.

Here in Northern Spain we don't have a Qingqi dealer and I came to an agreement with the importer on the other side of the country, that he would supply me directly as if I were a dealer. He even sent me a price list and the prices inc. VAT at 16% over here are as follows:

Cylinder head 110 euros
Cylinder 78 euros
Piston, rings, pin and pin clips 41 euros

These prices are about a year old, but even then Sinnis seem to want far too much. I doubt he'll supply anyone abroad though.
Yamaha Virago XV1100
Triumph Bonneville SE
Qingqi QM110GY
PGO Bug rider 250 Buggy

Old 04-01-2009, 07:53 AM   #20

Thing is i am a dealer but just not a Sinnis dealer but i reckon if i told him that i would have even less chance of getting parts from them

I work for Llexeter Ltd which is Sinnis and Superbykes biggest rival, only problem is Llexeter dont sell the 200cc versions so cant help me out with the parts.

I have two goals i want to improve my own bike in the short term and in the long term put together a stage 1 2 & 3 performance pack for the Pulse Adrenaline as follows...........

Stage 1 = Pod Filter, Upjet, CDI

Stage 2 = Sprocket Set & Exhaust

Stage 3 = bore Kit

The pulse adrenaline sells really well here in the UK and there is a high demand for performance parts, prehaps you could get me some prices for a bulk order of cylinder kits and pistons?

Old 04-01-2009, 10:51 AM   #21

I'll ask them about big bore kits.

I wish I could get a CDI but there are none that I know of, and I've been looking all over the place, Chinese forums, Suzuki DR200 forums, ebay, etc. Nothing.
It's not the usual 5 and 6 pin job either, it's a larger unit with 8 pins.

There are are several exhausts about, but the Xian racer one fits without any pain, looks neat, it's light and sounds like Pavarotti when you open it up, yet it's reasonable in town:

There's a thread here dedicated to it:

http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=499

Xian racer also do various sprockets for Chinese bikes and I believe have the CG125 dimensions.

JT sprockets have loads of them if you look under the Brazil CG125 and CB125 listings:

http://www.jtsprockets.com/
Yamaha Virago XV1100
Triumph Bonneville SE
Qingqi QM110GY
PGO Bug rider 250 Buggy

Old 04-01-2009, 10:56 AM   #22

Re: Pulse Adrenaline 125cc The Project Begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by pac1982
I’m currently riding a Pulse Adrenaline and they come as a 125cc but some places have similar bikes that use the same engine available in 200 and 250cc and I’m trying to find some one who can supply me with a 200cc barrel piston and head.
I'm not sure what prices are like in the UK, but a complete engine is more cost-effective where I live. As well, even if the cylinder and piston bolt up to the 125 bottom end, that doesn't guarantee 200cc. If the stroke is dissimilar, you'll end up with a hybrid. I presume that you're familiar with the math, but for those who aren't, the formula is:

(bore x bore) x stroke x number of cylinders x 0.7854

Obviously you have only one cylinder, but this formula applies to any piston engine to calculate displacement. I'm guessing that if you arrived at 155cc after all of that work (and cost), you'd be sad. Add to all of this that there is likely corresponding engineering in the 200cc bottom end (including the clutch) to handle an additional 75cc. What you're proposing is well beyond the typical big bore kit.

I'm enthusiastic about this project like you are, I'm just not convinced that you'd be as happy with the end result compared with a bolt-in 200cc engine.

Cheers!

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 04-01-2009, 03:31 PM   #23

Re: Pulse Adrenaline 125cc The Project Begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
As well, even if the cylinder and piston bolt up to the 125 bottom end, that doesn't guarantee 200cc. If the stroke is dissimilar, you'll end up with a hybrid.
YOU'RE RIGHT...! :oops:

The 125 engine has a bore x stroke of 57 x 48.8 = 124.52 cm3

the 200 engine has a bore x stroke of 66 x 58.2 = 199.11 cm3

This means that the 125 crankshaft/conrod are different as well.

Thanks for the timely advice (and that formula!), probably saved us from costly mistakes.
Yamaha Virago XV1100
Triumph Bonneville SE
Qingqi QM110GY
PGO Bug rider 250 Buggy

Old 04-02-2009, 08:41 AM   #24

Even if i dont get the full 200cc i would still be intrested in doing it, when i did my GY6 engine i went from 125cc to 170cc which made a whole world of difference.

I see what your saying about just buying a new engine but over here a new engine will set you back over £500 but just doing the piston, cylinder and head wont be any where near as much.

I would consider an engine swap if i could get a 250cc+ engine that would fit.

Old 04-02-2009, 10:20 AM   #25

Quote:
Even if i dont get the full 200cc i would still be intrested in doing it, when i did my GY6 engine i went from 125cc to 170cc which made a whole world of difference.
You'll end up at around 166cc.

Quote:
I would consider an engine swap if i could get a 250cc+ engine that would fit.
I'd consider a Honda clone. The 250 dirt bike engines are cheap in North America, likely because of the volume. I haven't seen more than a few Suzuki clones, but I've seen hundreds of Honda clones in dirt bikes, quads, buggies, etc. It depends on how much fabrication you wish to do, and what it is worth to you.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 04-21-2009, 05:54 PM   #26

no some 1 who had 1 of these bikes lasted 20 miles b4 engine packd in no bs
clamed they wernt ringing its neck
for spares try www.china-parts.co.uk
for upgrades try xain racings ebay shop or website
no xpert but it looks different to most gy engines (mines and lots of others) are old honda xl125 derived units i have heard from a dealer that these are suzuki ''style'' engines so dont no bout compatability of bits

Old 04-21-2009, 06:25 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithyUK
no some 1 who had 1 of these bikes lasted 20 miles b4 engine packd in no bs
I have a nephew that can reduce any piece of machinery, be it mechanical or electronic, to scrap within weeks...this doesn't tell me much about the machines, but speaks volumes about him.
Yamaha Virago XV1100
Triumph Bonneville SE
Qingqi QM110GY
PGO Bug rider 250 Buggy