Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2009, 11:44 PM   #91

I just noticed that the hensim, in the pic with the trunk on it, has the same rims as mine. Sept he has a single front disc.

Old 05-30-2009, 11:48 PM   #92

You had to MAKE a rear sprocket by modifying some farm one?

8O I was really hoping I could just buy a honda rebel sprocket or something.

This sprocket is a must have for anyone buying this bike, so any help sourcing the sprocket and what it takes to make it work would be great if there is no off the shelf one I can buy that's ready to go.

Damn all I have is hand held electric tools, no drill press or any of that stuff.

Old 05-31-2009, 12:00 AM   #93

Spend some time looking, I cant figure out why there is not one out there. I have to agree it is a small sprocket. The Honda rebel has a big rear sprocket, so they are running a different gear box.

Old 05-31-2009, 05:34 PM   #94

How about this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AERMA...lenotsupported

It doesn't say if it's 520 but I'm thinking it probably is.
Bolt holes would need to be drilled though, of course.

Or there are these split sprockets for karts:
http://www.icebergkarts.com/id83.htm

Old 05-31-2009, 06:16 PM   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealWorld
A comical situation has happened to me. It seems that this bike wobbles when I go into a turn. I was trying to figure out if I was just not used to it or what? I figured out today, it is because of all those skinny 1/4 inch long rubber stickers that are all over the new tires. I seem to have a lot of them and when I go into a turn they cause me to wobble. They will be worn off soon. It is improving.

Anyone ever heard of that?
I hope you already realized your front axle is loose. Stickers can't cause this. The stickers you refer to can't even reach the road with the bike completely laying on it's side.

Old 05-31-2009, 07:52 PM   #96

Yea, if you read through this entire thread, you will see I had the same concern.

Old 05-31-2009, 08:17 PM   #97

I have read the thread three times now when trying to find out what sprocket I need but I didn't notice a response to that.

Mine was the same way on the ride home from the store and even the damn wheel spacers were spinning. It cornered like you describe.

I got that tight and now it's smooth as it should be.

When it was loose pulling the bike backwards while the wheel is sort of crooked as if you're dragging it out of the garage from the rear made the front disk brake drag really bad and showed how obviously screwed up it was.

Still having an impossible time trying to find a pre made sprocket that will fit but I'm talking to a guy about making up a few of them for future owners of these.

Old 05-31-2009, 10:07 PM   #98

Split ones I would stay away form, they will not work very well. The other sprocket on ebay might work, but you need the specs. If the hole is not right and the bolt radius is not right, it is to much trouble.

If it does fit, it is a good deal.

For your parts, research dealers and you should be able to get them with out much trouble. I have a suspicion that they may not be reasonable in price.

Old 06-01-2009, 12:07 AM   #99

PMP has a sprocket that will fit the hensim since it shares the same rear wheel design with the LB200-2. PMP already has the specs for a Longbo.

Old 06-01-2009, 04:21 AM   #100

Thank you, I looked on PMP's site and they might have something, not sure I have to email them. But unfortunately they only sell aluminum ones and we really need steel. Aluminum sprockets wear out really fast and I don't want to have to replace them that often.

I talked to people who make aluminum ones for Kart racing and he said they are worn out after about 3 Kart races and he suggested sticking to steel even though it lost him a sale.

Old 06-02-2009, 03:22 PM   #101

I was looking at the Baja site and saw in the parts book it says it has a 428 sprocket. I know I don't have one on my Hensim, but you need to look at yours.

Old 06-02-2009, 05:40 PM   #102

As awesome as these bikes look for the price....having such a complication getting a simple part makes a good case for getting a Virago 250!

Old 06-02-2009, 07:05 PM   #103

The problem is this is such a small sprocket, that this might be the only place where someone would need it. I have to think that it is out there some place.

Old 06-02-2009, 11:46 PM   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by hensim
Thank you, I looked on PMP's site and they might have something, not sure I have to email them. But unfortunately they only sell aluminum ones and we really need steel. Aluminum sprockets wear out really fast and I don't want to have to replace them that often.

I talked to people who make aluminum ones for Kart racing and he said they are worn out after about 3 Kart races and he suggested sticking to steel even though it lost him a sale.
I have found with other T-7 sprockects (from other companies) have lasted over 5000kms.

Old 06-11-2009, 10:27 PM   #105

Well I hit a thousand miles today. In my opinion this is a great bike. I don't consider it a highway cruising bike, because I hate to push it to its limit. It will reach over 60 or fester but I am not sure that is a reasonable speed for this bike. I am a bit timid as I am 57 years old and don't have the reaction time I use to have.

I have put a 25 tooth sprocket on the rear and it always gives me everything I could want except it is a little bit hard to start out from a stop. It is giving me great mileage, I expect about 75 if not 80MPG. I have not changed to synthetic yet but will soon. I am hoping that improves a very slight occasional mis shift, either up or down. I am having so much fun with my bikes, that I hope all of you can enjoy it as much as I do.

You all need to remember that this bike is only 233 CC and with that in mind it is one heck of a bike. If any of you want a great in town commuter bike for around town, this bike would be great.