Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2009, 11:01 PM   #1

110cc Loncin idle problem

Hi there everyone
New to the site here
My dad picked up 2 mini Loncin 110cc atv's for my brother and I
We are having some problems maintaining an idle, the 1 atv runs fine but the other one seem to bog out , sputter, like as if no gas is getting into the carb, can't get it to idle properly either.
Any info or advance would greatly be appreciated.

thanks in advance
Paulie

Old 07-28-2009, 11:58 PM   #2

The mufflers aren't consistent in construction, so that can account for the dissimilar performance.

The first step would be to gently turn the air / fuel screw all the way in and then back it out 1.5 turns. After that, does it run better or worse?

Also, get rid of the crappy spark plug that came with it and install an NGK CR7HSA (available in a two-pack at Canadian Tire).

Let us know.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 07-29-2009, 12:15 AM   #3

On the spark plug issue I went to my local canadian tire and the guy scratched his nuts for 20 minutes and then handed me one champion plug.. I guess he couldn't find the NGK number in any of his books and then took 15 minutes to find the champion number.

I went to Lordco and the guy had it to me in 30 seconds, for half the price of the Champion from Canadian Tire.

Just my .02c on where to get the plug. ..but I'm a bit of a Canadian Tire hater anyhow.

Old 07-29-2009, 09:41 AM   #4

Best advice you will ever get:

Order a mikuni carb off of ebay for $40.00. It's like getting a new machine. You should upgrade to the next size up with matching intake manifold for an extra $10.00.

Have fun.

Old 07-29-2009, 11:35 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboT
On the spark plug issue I went to my local canadian tire and the guy scratched his nuts for 20 minutes and then handed me one champion plug.. I guess he couldn't find the NGK number in any of his books and then took 15 minutes to find the champion number.

I went to Lordco and the guy had it to me in 30 seconds, for half the price of the Champion from Canadian Tire.

Just my .02c on where to get the plug. ..but I'm a bit of a Canadian Tire hater anyhow.
I'd never actually deal with the nut scratchers. The NGK plugs are all on display at my local Crappy Tire, so I just help myself. Unless I can go in, grab what I want and leave, I don't go near that store.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 07-29-2009, 12:47 PM   #6

Our Canadian tire only has the Champion sparkplugs. They used to have the NGK but I guess they are all gone. The Chanmpion only come in a 1 pack and are over priced, while the ngk used to come with a 2 pack for the same price as the champion.

Old 07-29-2009, 01:36 PM   #7

Make sure you have no air leaks around the carb too. Might have a cracked intake.

Allen

Old 07-29-2009, 05:47 PM   #8

Thanks for all the great advice guys
I'll give you guys the update as soon as my dad and I work on the atv

Paulie

Old 07-29-2009, 05:55 PM   #9

Good luck Paulie and keep us up to date!

..and sorry for the semi spark plug hijack.

If you mess with it and all else fails a new carb as pointed out is a relatively cheap and excellent upgrade.