Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2009, 03:50 PM   #16

Please note that the opinions expressed by one forum member do not necessarily reflect the opinions of other forum members.

I appreciate Oklahoma_Outlaw's comment about "forums where people come to share information, make friends and join with those of similiar interests". Exactly what the forum should be for.

I also appreciate forum members who share negative experiences so that customer service might improve and we all may benefit. That very issue is happening in another post at this time.

From here forward, may we all keep personal criticisms to a minimum, and focus on sharing facts and product opinions.

Cheers!

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 08-18-2009, 05:31 PM   #17

Continuing on to discuss the bike. It is really nice. I purchased a 2008 Hyosung GT250R just so we could have a benchmark to hit with the JinLun. Next Wednesday when Oklahoma_Outlaw drives eight hours to visit me and do some real world testing we will have video and photos with real numbers comparing the two.

None of us are silly enough to think that the JinLun will be super close to the GT250R but I don't think it will be too far off either after mods. I think riding side by side at 60 mph the Hyosung will NOT leave the JinLun in the dust after the mods.

This will be a great test to provide real numbers, not hearsay. We will have two tank cams setup and a chase bike.

And to make it even more fun, I purchased a new Hyosung GT650R today (I was going to do this anyway), not for this test but just for me But I'm sure we will be riding all three bikes comparing them in every way, should be fun and informative.

Almon

Old 08-19-2009, 11:59 AM   #18

Ditto WeldandGrind.

Let's keep this thread on topic please. I'd love to see a vid of this bike in action.

"The beatings will continue until moral improves"

Old 08-19-2009, 05:14 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostbite
Ditto WeldandGrind.

Let's keep this thread on topic please. I'd love to see a vid of this bike in action.
Hey Frostbite! We will have video uploaded by next Thursday night, we will make videos on Wednesday.

Thanks,

Almon

Old 08-19-2009, 11:34 PM   #20

Got me curious, I'm not in the market but I never turn down the chance to see a bike in action Plus I really like the Hyosungs and am curious just how far ahead the Koreans are compared to the Chinese. I can see the swingarm is already on the chincy side but I want to see what else it has.

Old 08-20-2009, 12:28 AM   #21

Perimeter frame on JL250P

Got the bike is various stages of dissasembly right now but I thought I post a photo showing the aluminum perimeter frame since that was in doubt. Best I can do tonight...

[img]

On another note and to give more information on the bike itself I was pleasently surprised today to learn that It has twin Constant Velocity carbs. While more complicated than the PD series carbs it does leave ample opportunity for intense modifications without having to change out the carbs as we've done with our single cylinders in switching to the Mikuni. Dont have the brand and models numbers yet but have been assured that these are Japanese manufactured carbs on the JL250P.

Old 08-20-2009, 01:32 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ200cc
Got me curious, I'm not in the market but I never turn down the chance to see a bike in action Plus I really like the Hyosungs and am curious just how far ahead the Koreans are compared to the Chinese. I can see the swingarm is already on the chincy side but I want to see what else it has.
I heard from the Hyosung rep at the bike show that Hyosung has been making engines for Suzuki since 1978. Apparently the Hyosung Aquila 650 uses a Suzuki clone.

Who knows if that's accurate info.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 08-20-2009, 02:01 AM   #23

Oh I have no doubt about Koreans building parts for Jap bikes, That's probably what started the entire Chinese bike trade was them building parts for em.

Old 08-20-2009, 03:21 AM   #24

While we are talking about Hyosung's here are some photos of my 650R and 250R.

These two bikes will be ridden with the Blue JinLun in the above post next week.

Almon

Old 08-25-2009, 12:24 AM   #25

JinLun test put off until Friday..... :(

Almon

Old 08-25-2009, 03:28 PM   #26

Honestly, minus a couple small changes, the frame on this bike looks exactly like my 200b frame. Here is a pic of my frame from when I had it stripped down to paint:

On a side note, I didnt know about any disagreements about the hotwires on this forum, but I bought a set last year and noticed a huge difference. I wouldnt say in HP or anything like that, but before it took forever to get the bike running and warmed up. Since I installed the hotwires and CDI it starts first turn of the key every time.

[/img]

Old 08-25-2009, 03:29 PM   #27

oops, somehow i missed the post where the jlin was shown disassembled. :wink:

Old 08-26-2009, 03:41 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossed
oops, somehow i missed the post where the jlin was shown disassembled. :wink:
The frames are almost an exact copy, the JinLun just has a larger engine and a slightly different fairing.

The JinLun stock makes at least six to seven more horsepower than the counter balanced LF200-B 197cc engine.

In such a light bike that little bit of extra power makes all the difference in the world.

Almon

Old 08-29-2009, 07:31 PM   #29

Test is completed, thread has been updated.

Thanks,

Almon

http://www.china-moto.biz/YaBB.pl?num=1251504271

Old 08-29-2009, 09:27 PM   #30

I like the sound. I just watch alittle of the first vid. We will need to hear more after he gets some miles on it.

Allen