Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2009, 04:35 AM   #1

Performance CDI (igniter) for Qingqi QM200GY, Qlink XF200

Following many months of development and the testing of various prototypes, Xian Racing in the UK can now offer the first ever uprated performance CDI (igniter) available for our bikes.

Suppliers of performance CDI or any other alternative parts for relatively low volume bikes like ours are virtually non-existent, low volume because they're sold under 25 different trade names so far!, if you added up all the sales of different brands worldwide it would amount to a quantity that would make it worthwhile for after-market parts to be made.

Thanks to the perserverance of Gareth from Xian Racing to persuade their suppliers of other performance CDI units to develop and make a unit suitable for our bikes, and to me bending his ear to get one made...they can now offer a unit at a price that is more or less the same as the standard factory unit.

This is very good value for that type of ignition unit. These igniters are considerably more complex than the usual CDI magneto-driven units, and sell for around $125-200 (when they're available!). A similar unit for my PGO mini buggy cost $150.

The cost is £39.99 +postage. This is about $65.00 which is very good value in my opinion.

I've had a prototype unit on long term test now for some months and can report that it's reliable, doesn't affect cold starting like some units do due to their over-advanced ignition setting, and perks up performance in the 4 to 8000 RPM range. The roll-on acceleration from mid-revs is noticeably better and so is hill-climbing and cruising speed. The engine copes better with adverse conditions on the open road, like hills and head winds.

The factory rev-limit has been removed and moved much higher up.This is of interest to those that want to do further tuning and need a higher rev limit.

The fitting is incredibly simple. Double sided tape or velcro strips fix it to the rear mudguard and an OEM-style connector on flying leads connects it to the wiring loom without any mods.

The standard unit doesn't have to be removed as there's plenty of space there for both of them. This means in effect that you carry dual ignition units on the bike. It only takes seconds to swap the connector from one unit to the other. This gives some security and peace of mind.

I have to add that I have nothing to gain financially from this. Gareth is a friend and an honest, approachable and reliable supplier of various bits and pieces for my stable of Chinese bikes.

My reward has been to see such a unit being developed and made available where there was none, and a prototype unit supplied free of charge.

The unit can be seen here:

http://xian.west-wire.co.uk/index.ph...&productId=104

It will fit both 125 and 200 cc variants of these Suzuki-derived engines on bikes sold with any of these brands:

QINGQI QM200GY
QLINK XF200
STX 200 Sundown.
Pulse Adrenaline 125 (XF125GY-2B)
Sinnis Apache QM200GY
Superbyke RMR200
Pioneer XF200GY-B
Konker KSM200
QMT200
GXT Euromot
Sinski Motard 200R
Genesis GXT200 B
KMF
I-moto Tiger sm 125
Ramzey QM200GY
YUKI 250 SM
QINGQI DRAGON 200 SUPERMOTO
Hooper 125 SMR
PIONEER monodust XF125T
Kreidler Supermoto 125 DD
Arqin motorcycles RT200SM
TMS Supermotard 200cc
SkyMoto Dragon-200
Matador 200
Viper 200
Qingqi QM200GY-BA Super Motard
Yamaha Virago XV1100
Triumph Bonneville SE
Qingqi QM110GY
PGO Bug rider 250 Buggy

Old 08-30-2009, 12:57 PM   #2

Very good piece of upgrade there, Forchetto!! Now all I need is the Qlink XF200 or XP200 to go with the unit!! :?

Old 08-30-2009, 02:05 PM   #3

XF-200 is looking more attractive all the time, I've still got my heart set on that pitster XTR 250 tho.

Old 08-30-2009, 06:15 PM   #4

Chrome--the Pitster comes with 25hp; and with the price drop looks better and better, although I really like the XF200 in orange... :?