Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Other Brands
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2009, 02:55 AM   #1

2010 YZ 450 - FI?

Hey Guys,

Was reading about the new YZ lineup for 2010 and found it interesting they have fuel injected a MX bike. Lots of interesting changes to the bike.

If anyone is interested I've posted the Canadian website link that lists the new features.

http://www.yamaha-motor.ca/products/...p=M#contentTop

Old 09-30-2009, 04:12 AM   #2

Lots of interesting changes to the bike.

Just doing their best, to turn all that "stuff" you might have lying around, into unusable junk, or: selling technology for the sake of technology.

Old 09-30-2009, 11:12 AM   #3

TurboT! Think WR!

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 09-30-2009, 04:53 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
TurboT! Think WR!
Hahaha... You know I think that might be the first time you said that to me. Not to worry, I don't have an extra 10 G's lying around for a new YZ or new WR for that matter. The 04 YZ is doing me just fine, especially when I have nice guys like you around to hold it up for me in the trees.

Reveeen:

I hear what you're saying completely. From year to year the bikes don't change much, an add on here, a tweak there. It's much like the gaming industry. EA is famous for small upgrades for new price from release to release.

This one seems pretty radical though. To FI from carb, reversing the motor, new exhaust system. Sounds pretty neat, although WAAAY to much bike for my needs.

Old 09-30-2009, 06:45 PM   #5

The last "serious" dirt bike I owned was a 450 Can-am, that, between it, and my Norton, left me with a kind of funny lump on the back of my right ankle, from them kicking back. I did better than the guy I sold that Can-am to, he owned that bike a week, and it broke his ankle.

Don't get me wrong, progress is good, but I gotta question progress for the sake of progress. I see far too many bikes for sale that are either fubared because the owner neglected them, or they were taken to some mechanic that isn't up to speed, and the last rebuild didn't last 2 hours.

Old 09-30-2009, 07:15 PM   #6

I still good with pushrods.

8)

Old 09-30-2009, 08:42 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reveeen
The last "serious" dirt bike I owned was a 450 Can-am, that, between it, and my Norton, left me with a kind of funny lump on the back of my right ankle, from them kicking back. I did better than the guy I sold that Can-am to, he owned that bike a week, and it broke his ankle.

Don't get me wrong, progress is good, but I gotta question progress for the sake of progress. I see far too many bikes for sale that are either fubared because the owner neglected them, or they were taken to some mechanic that isn't up to speed, and the last rebuild didn't last 2 hours.
I think the thing to remember is these bikes are built for 'racing' or marketing to the hopeful racer. The competition will come out with 'newer' things so to keep up, they do as well. The average dirt biker like you and me doesn't need all the extra gizmos, but I find it cool to read about!

How old was this Can-Am? I've yet to have my YZ kick back at me.