Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2007, 09:40 PM   #16

Thanks Ob1. I doctored the pics, added their proper names and re-posted. Very clear now. I wasn't far off, but I like knowing for sure. Hopefully others will be learning along with me. Karma owes you one REALLY good ride. I think you might be right with the turn signal flasher. (Mind boggling good call8O )I'm gonna try to trace the wires back but they are bundled in a trunk line. It's my birthday tomorrow so hopefully there will be more riding than wrenching. Thanks again.

gallery page 8
N2r album page 6

Old 06-16-2007, 08:13 AM   #17

No problem, man! When you've been playing with bikes for forever, IDing the parts is no big deal, and I dont even have a chinabike {just 2 china motors}

Not that I know everything, you guys help me as much as I help you, with parts leads and such.

And YOU N2R...scanning your pix is a lesson in adaptive re-engineering!

A lot of times I have to work with what I've got...like right now...adapting a collection of miscellaneous parts and steel to a greymarket Mitsubishi tractor to make the worlds smallest bush hog {26 inches}. My club has moved its enduro event to a fresh new property, got some work to do!

By the way, Suthun ChinaBikers, keep MLK Day 2008 weekend open, if you want to ride the enduro, or the Dual Sport . Rare opportunity to ride somewhere 1st. {Note: Enduro would be best run with cut down bars, no turn signals, etc. DS is fine for stockers.} More info later in the year...

Old 06-16-2007, 08:30 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ob1
And YOU N2R...scanning your pix is a lesson in adaptive re-engineering!
Unless a rod goes through the case and my leg, I'm gonna learn. And ride. And fix my bike into the ground. I rode with a HD guy for about a 1/2 hour today, he couldn't stop looking at my bike and smiling. I'm sure he had an old honda when he was a kid, it was written all over his face. When I told him what I payed, he asked where I got it, he probably had a kid. If I come up to another rider, I'll hang back a bit out of HD respect, but a lot of riders are coming up and talking to me. I don't know of another 150cc bike of any kind on the streets of Toronto, just scooters. I'm a novelty.

I was sure that by now I'd be saying "I want a 250cc what ever make japanese bike." I don't. But, if I had an extra 500$, I would spend it pretty quick on my bike.

I thought people were joking about fuel efficency, before and after the carb/muffler/airfilter mod. I should have kept better records, but I'm sure I'm not getting the milage I used to. :( I don't know about the quarter mile, but I beat most cars in the 100-yard dash. 8O

Good luck with the Bush Hog. I'm using the gallery space to keep a picture history of my bike. Birth to death of a bike. :idea:

Old 06-16-2007, 09:31 PM   #19

I like your attitude, seems familiar...

Check Misc shortly...

Old 06-19-2007, 12:16 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy250
Quote:
Originally Posted by ob1
Yo Red, pack that cdi connector with dielectric grease!
I did this on all my connectors, cause Dad had a minor ignition issue early on due to corrosion. This is probably a good prep thread suggestion.

Jason
What is dielectric grease, how much, where do I get it, How do I pack it? Shorts and T-shirts or long pants, suitcase or pack sack? :P

Is it non-conductive grease, water and rust protection. Pic is worth a 1000 words.

Old 06-19-2007, 01:46 PM   #21

Any auto parts store will have it. It is meant to protect against corrosion. Comes in small tubes usually.

Allen

Old 06-19-2007, 05:01 PM   #22

Send a message via Yahoo to TheOtherRide
Kinda pricey...but good to put on all your battery terminals if you have any problems with corrosion.

Old 06-19-2007, 05:27 PM   #23

Little tube of the stuff was at Ace Hardware for $3.50

Haven't put it on yet though.

Old 06-19-2007, 09:28 PM   #24

Do you tape it up after so you don't get goop on everything? Is it an off road thing, or a good suggestion for streeters too? I don't mind loosing a bolt now and then but I don't want electrical problems, even more when they are preventable.

Old 06-19-2007, 10:20 PM   #25

Good idea for everyone. If you ride in all weather conditions it will help keep moisture out of the connections. Off-road in mud and water too. Simple as taking electrical plug apart and putting the grease in the plugging connector back together.

Link to some examples.

http://www.amazon.com/Pico-Clear-Die.../dp/B0002JMYJO

Allen

Old 02-14-2010, 09:16 PM   #26

DIELECTRIC GREASE

Hey Folks,A friend, who has been a mechanic for over forty years, uses VASOLINE, right out of the jar, on all electrical connections, including battery terminals!!!! He says that,primarily,it is the same as DIELECTRIC GREASE, only GREATLY less expensive!!! I have used both, and honestly cannot see any difference,except in price!!! SINCERELY, RICK SAVIDGE.