Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2010, 06:56 AM   #1

Sachs Express 150, just bought it and road it home.

Instead of new I ended up buying a 2008 model with 3000km on the clock and a very quiet engine. Well looked after not a scratch on it.
What do I think ?
It has enough power, I'm tall and weigh 110 kilos. Pulling up long steep hills at 80-90km/h in top gear no problem.
All the switches and controls fall easily to hand, good upright riding position. Basically it's any easy and comfortable bike to ride.
I would recommend it to learners
Technically it's made by FYM. I doubt this bike is designed in Germany (Sachs) as I've found there are earlier Chinese versions produced.
The model on the owners manual says it's a 'FY150-3'.
Selecting neutral is OK but might take a few hits, the gear changes are positive albeit a bit clunky. That suits me fine as I learnt to ride on late seventies/early eighties bikes, yes I'm an old fart and used to it.
What would I change ? Rear shocks will be first on the list.
The forks dive a lot under braking, doesn't bother me much but I'm sure some aftermarket progressive springs and heavier fork oil will fix that, doubt that I'll bother though it's good enough for what it is.

I've got the original owners manual with specs and a wiring diagram if anyone needs help feel free to PM me.
These bikes were also sold under the name Mondial 150 in Turkey and some other Asian Countries, also feel free to PM.
If anyone has any rider stories with this bike send me a link.
The fellow I bought it from rode it from Brisbane to Sydney a distance of about 1200kms by staying off the high speed motorways. In Australia that means he travelled down the Eastern coastline, a bloody beautiful ride.

I'll be changing the oil and checking the valve clearances tomorrow, maybe take some photos and then work out how to post 'em.

Ride smart, ride safe.

Old 03-11-2010, 07:03 AM   #2

Sounds good, definitely do post them... I'd say the easiest way is to go to photobucket.com or imageshack.us and sign up for an account, then it is easy to upload and share your photos. We have a gallery system here at china riders but it may take a while for Frostbite to go through and activate new accounts on it.

Old 03-11-2010, 08:23 PM   #3

From what I have read online, this appears to be a very nice little motorcycle! I look forward to viewing your photographs.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 03-20-2010, 11:25 PM   #4

Sounds like a heck of a bike! Can't wait to see some pics!