Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2010, 03:39 PM   #1

LifanPartsHQ closing down

I just wanted to let everybody know that due to American Lifan's inability to communicate and keep parts stocked, I am closing LifanPartsHQ for good. I was really hoping for this to be a trusted source for Lifan parts, but I can't supply parts if A.L. cannot keep them in stock properly or communicate in a timely manner. As a bunch of you know I am still waiting to hear from them and it has now been 3 weeks, this is unacceptable for all parties involved. I am not sure what is going on over there, but your parts don't seem to be a priority. It's really a shame because I truly believe that the American Lifan products are decent and a parts source would help them retain their value. I am very sorry for all the trouble everybody has been put through.
I tried.
Ron Powell

Old 10-01-2010, 04:13 PM   #2

Thanks for giving it a go. Too bad they would not work with you. Lifan just does not seem to be the power house it once said it was. Looks like everyones rice bowl is safe.

Are there other lines that stock parts for?

Old 10-01-2010, 04:34 PM   #3

It always amazes me when companies have a demand for their product and people willing to market and sell them on their behalf and then they just up and ignore the opportunity to make money.

As a salesguy trying to find clients and earn money, it's such a shock to find out that people out there just ignore business like this. I wish I had that problem.

Old 10-02-2010, 10:19 AM   #4

The ironic thing is this is what they post on their front website page. "A vast parts inventory" What about Hooper (or Hoover) imports? It seems a couple of years after the big Chinese sales surge, and parts are now needed companies just ignore it. It's frustrating.

American Lifan's Commitment to Quality, Service and Consumer Protection

American Lifan is very strict on internet sales. It is a requirement that all of our authorized dealers are licensed and bonded for our consumer’s safety. We do not have any dealers in the state of California that are allowed to ship vehicles over state lines. When you buy from American Lifan authorized dealers you can be sure that you are purchasing authentic China Lifan products. In addition, American Lifan has a vast parts inventory and the certifications and paperwork necessary for our customers to obtain state registrations. If you are considering purchasing a Lifan product in the United States and want to be sure you are getting American Lifan quality and service, please call or email American Lifan today.
(931) 759-4848

Old 10-02-2010, 10:21 AM   #5

Hooper Imports LLC
(931) 759-4848

Old 10-03-2010, 01:21 AM   #6

its been reported as an attack page too

Code:
Safe Browsing
Diagnostic page for lifanpartshq.com

What is the current listing status for lifanpartshq.com?

Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 1 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 3 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 3 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2010-10-01, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2010-10-01.

Malicious software includes 4 exploit(s).

Malicious software is hosted on 1 domain(s), including nt04.in/.

This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS8560 (SCHLUND).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?

Over the past 90 days, lifanpartshq.com did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?

No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

How did this happen?

In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.

Next steps:

* Return to the previous page.
    * If you are the owner of this web site, you can request a review of your site using Google Webmaster Tools. More information about the review process is available in Google's Webmaster Help Center.

Old 10-18-2010, 08:51 PM   #7

I am sorry to hear of your difficulties, Ron. :( Thank you for updating us regarding the status of LifanPartsHQ, and good luck to you in the future.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 10-18-2010, 10:47 PM   #8

that sucks man, but it does show that you stand behind what you supply.

now i think its time for a 3rd part to step up to the plate and start making some aftermarket replacment and performance parts for these china bikes and quads. if they cant do it then why cant we..

Old 10-19-2010, 07:42 PM   #9

My apologies to Ron.... The mis-treatment of him and many others by Lifan has lead me to leave American Lifan.

I could not handle any more of the smoke and mirrors and broken promises anymore. I will be making a formal letter and sending out to the dealers this week.

... I tried to help.

Shawn

Old 11-15-2010, 07:25 PM   #10

We just posted this......Ruhro Shraggy !

http://china-moto.com/cm/2010/11/is-...shutting-down/

Old 11-15-2010, 09:32 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by almonpoole
We just posted this......Ruhro Shraggy !

http://china-moto.com/cm/2010/11/is-...shutting-down/
Thank you for providing the link, Almon. I guess we will continue to see the so-called "gray market" bikes imported, but American Lifan is apparently "on the ropes."

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 11-16-2010, 08:21 AM   #12

I think the china bikes being imported into the US are not Gray market. They are built to comply to standards of the EPA and DOT. What would make them gray market?

Old 11-16-2010, 10:20 AM   #13

Lifan, and other Chinese manufacturer/importers are there worst own enemy. While they supply a decent bike at a decent price, there is no structure. No long term outlook. They sell to internet dealers who ship bikes all over the country. If you are mechanically inclined this may be okay. However, the average consumer does not prep the bike as required. Also, dealers don't want to carry these products because the manufacturer is not loyal to a dealer network. Local dealers don't want to work on them either. In the short term they sell bikes. Yet, as is with many distributors they don't last long.
Manuals, parts, and tech help is not supported. Often they change models and don't support what they brought in after just a couple of years (when parts are needed). Having been active in selling and monitoring the China bikes for ten years, I could provide a long list of private label importers that have repeated these mistakes over and over again. Also, how many have forged EPA/DOT documents to falsely get there products to market? We have had good success with Zongshen. They are looking at a long term effort, rather than flood the market every Christmas with cheap ATV's. A couple of good Chinese manufacturers will emerge and be serious players. First they will have to conform to U.S. marketing, and distribution practices. Along with event sponsorship, racing efforts, and brand marketing. Sorry, but that's my rant for the day.
(931) 759-4848

Old 11-16-2010, 11:16 AM   #14

That sounds like a totally reasonable rant. I think that Q is a solid machine, yet look at how it bears a different name in every country. Not Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha or Kawasaki; they get brand ID and loyalty.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 11-16-2010, 12:17 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal25
I think the china bikes being imported into the US are not Gray market. They are built to comply to standards of the EPA and DOT. What would make them gray market?
I agree completely, Cal. That's why I referred to these motorcycles as "so-called gray market" bikes. That's also why I don't use the term "Lifanoid," and intentionally use the term "Hondoid" for Chinese clones of Honda motorcycles. American Lifan coined the phrase "gray market Lifan," and this phrase never made any sense to me. :roll: I certainly hope Larry Hooper can now sell motorcycles once again!

Spud

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220