Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-26-2010, 08:39 PM   #1

Send a message via Yahoo to kmoore
baja motorsports dirtrunner dr 50 dirtbike

ok for christmas my 6 year old wanted a dirtbike. i was unable to track one down so i was driving by tractor supply and seen a baja mini bike 98cc. so i bought it and christmas morning it would not idle, run, pull, or stop flooding out... so i took it back to tsc....

got to looking online on baja's website and seen the dirt runner 50cc dirtbike so i loaded my son up and we rode 1hr 45min to my nearest pepboys to get this dirtbike.... so now after all my rambling on does anyone know about these bikes or am i asking for trouble cause i would not reccomend the baja mini bikes to anyone but i went right out and bought a dirtbike from the same company.

***side note dirtbike SEEMS to run fine

***edit to add links
***edit to add pics (maybe)
***edit to add i suck and cant get pics to load lol

Old 12-27-2010, 01:23 AM   #2

Not sure if the bike you bought is the same as the Dirt Runner my son had, but I had tons of experience with ours. The engine was really reliable, but the carb wasn't great (it was fine once warmed up). The exhaust on ours was really restrictive, so I bolted on a Honda CRF50 exhaust pipe and the bike woke right up. The stock pipe was actually a two-stroke pipe that was modeled after a Yamaha PW-80, so it necked down to a very small diameter just before the muffler.

Does your muffler look like this?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 12-27-2010, 01:06 PM   #3

mine is chrome and the muffler is fat and round... seems to breath fairly well and sounds quite nice... for a 50cc anyway... and its become painfully clear ive made a small mistake in getting a dirtbike for a 6 year old that has just got his traing wheels off his bike 3 months ago... where is the cheapest place to get training wheels for a 50cc....

Old 12-27-2010, 07:56 PM   #4

It sounds like you have the later version of the Dirt Runner; I hope it works well for you. I've never investigated training wheels for a dirt bike, but I have seen them on CL.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 12-27-2010, 11:03 PM   #5

training wheels

you can find them on ebay. or you can get some 3/4" read-rod and 5" plastic wheels from Princese Auto. my son got on his pw50 few months after he learned to ride 2 wheels too. let me tell you...you son will be fine. I wrapped him up will helmut, should pads, gloves, shine pads and boots.

Old 12-28-2010, 09:15 PM   #6

why will my pics not show up

Old 12-28-2010, 09:22 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmoore
why will my pics not show up
The easiest way to post pictures on the forum is to upload your photo to a hosting site such as Photobucket... There are others, but that seems like one of the most popular. Once your picture is uploaded to photobucket, you can use their software to resize it if needed. Then you simply copy the img code from the Photobucket version of your picture and paste it into a post here... Sounds harder than it is, and there is a better explanation than mine but I can't seem to find the link right now. Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Stew

Old 12-28-2010, 10:07 PM   #8

woohoo finally got it lol...
well i have been unable to track down any traing wheels yet so i guess ill spend my day tomorrow trying to track down some square tubing and and nuts, bolts, washers, and tires...
and build my own set

Old 12-29-2010, 01:59 AM   #9

Neat looking little bike; I bet your son is thrilled.

I'd get a skidplate on there right away; they're cheap and plentiful on eBay.

Old 12-29-2010, 08:09 AM   #10

right now he is more scared than thrilled he has already layed her over once