Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2018, 09:49 AM   #16

Tuesday 7/31 / 2018 RoadRunner Tracking shows crate still in Cali

15 days there ,has not begun to travel towards me in FLA. I read that , shake my head in disbelief and go outside to cut grass.Yep.
2020 Orion RXB250L

Old 08-01-2018, 08:05 AM   #17

Wednesday 8/01/2018 Day 16 ,RoadRunners Tracking finally shows Trailer has left Cali .
"08/01/2018 12:48 AM Trailer dispatched from MIRA LOMA, CA to PENSACOLA, FL."
2020 Orion RXB250L

Old 08-01-2018, 09:37 AM   #18

yayyy

Old 08-06-2018, 03:28 AM   #19

08/05/2018 04:11 PM Trailer arrived at terminal in PENSACOLA, FL

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! !

I'll be calling the Carrier this morning and start trying to hurry them up

on the final delivery ,but looks like I will finally get it sometime this week!
2020 Orion RXB250L

Old 08-06-2018, 08:01 AM   #20

Well reading through this experience has me putting Venom on the personal "Do not buy from list"
'80 Honda XL185S
'76 Yamaha DT250C dual sport
Baja Wilderness Trail 250
'07 Honda Shadow 750 Areo Trike
'01 Harley Davidson Softail Deuce
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyj812 View Post
You can't pin this one on me, my wife is still mad at me. I don't need your wife mad at me too. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Disclaimer: The above post by 2LZ is in no way the view of this site, other members or Bruce's llama. It is the opinion of 2LZ and 2LZ alone. ;-)

Old 08-06-2018, 10:39 AM   #21

Talked to Carrier 8/6/2018 and they told me they would be here Wednesday 8/8/2018 between 12 and 4 ( hopefully PM heh ) ,they also assured me they would have a liftgate

and would put the crate off the truck onto the ground for me ,which is NOT what RoadRunners first Agent i spoke to said ,but this sounds much more reasonable if you have paid the extra $100 for Residential Delivery as i did. Now if it is one piece when it gets here Wed., I'll be good to go. I'll make my final post on Wed. or Thursday and let everyone know how it arrived and put this long nightmare to bed for good ( I hope )
2020 Orion RXB250L

Old 08-07-2018, 03:00 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkrider View Post
Well reading through this experience has me putting Venom on the personal "Do not buy from list"
They are a Canadian company, so you might have better luck with them. I was going to 'argue' and say this is not how they have been with all the members here, but I recall ASPCUSA being top-notch, and then one customer had a bad experience with two Vaders getting delivered on time, and then it seemed like their whole 'house of cards' came tumbling down with member after member getting either deliveries delayed by weeks, or some members after waiting weeks and weeks suddenly were told the bike is not even available and then had to wait weeks and weeks for a refund.

I really hope this is just an anomaly and not Venom's start of something bad...

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 08-07-2018, 08:43 AM   #23

My overall impression of Venom is still good, and I'd like to say my intent here was not to "character assassinate" Venom Motorsports .What i experienced ,while annoying is probably the exception rather than the rule, or this section would be filled with pissed off Venom Customers, which is clearly not the case.
Still, it got so ridiculous that I felt like it was worth reporting so that Buyers know what "could" happen ,if they like me seem to be cursed by whatever Gods reign over

the purchase and delivery of China Bikes. The fault seems to lie primarily with the Carrier and not with Venom, the Carrier did pick it up when Venom said it would Ship,but then things went South.Venom is the Supplier, not the Shipper .Moose told me that the day my bike shipped out and it is highly likely because the Vaders had been on back order for over 3 weeks that 20 bikes Shipped, 19 out of 20 got moved

as they should have, while mine was the single one that somehow landed in shipping limbo at the Carriers California terminal. My guess is , it was flat misplaced /lost at the Carriers terminal .In any case there aren't 19 other Threads about shipping delays so I tend to believe what Moose said ,since it's a given Venom sells a lot of bikes, they also advertise and help support this site and that means a lot to me .
All that said, i have to stand by what i documented occurred ,it was most likely an anomaly and a rare worst case comedy of errors scenario, but that didnt make it any less real or maddening for me personally.Now that it's almost over I'm already looking back at the entire ordeal and thinking " It could only happen to me " with a wry grin.

I know Venom has established and maintained an excellent relationship with Imapdog who has posted a lot , and I trust Imapdog explicitly when he tells me this just isn't what he has experienced at all ,so I am not ready to give up on Venom just yet nor do I think others should .
2020 Orion RXB250L

Old 08-07-2018, 05:33 PM   #24

I just come here for the updates and see when you finally get your bike,...

Old 08-07-2018, 05:36 PM   #25

I don't think that one should get too worried, BUT, like I mentioned, ASPCUSA went downhill FAST like the proverbial house of cards tumbling. ASPCUSA did most of their business via dropshipping, as Venom does, so companies in such a business do have to depend on their distributors, and hopefully that is the case here--a hiccup. In fact, Venom does not even have to come on the forum and explain anything, as long as subsequent customers have a happy purchasing experience. We will know...

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 08-07-2018, 06:17 PM   #26

I agree culcune, I hope what I experienced is not an indicator of the beginning of the proverbial wheels running off the wagon, but as you cited, it's not like it hasn't happened before to what had previously been a relatively well thought of Supplier.

I'm hoping it was a one off case that unfortunately affected me , and that we do not see more reports of experiences like mine .
2020 Orion RXB250L

Old 08-07-2018, 06:23 PM   #27

there was this one time in band camp....kidding....
i did get on the venom chat tool a month or two ago and inquired about something. i asked the name of the person i was chatting with and they replied 'Manny". this would be a fast downward spiral if the same manny at txpwrsprt....i havent had any dealing with venom since i was chatting with manny. not that was the reason, but i am in between orders at the moment.... wonder if this manny guy is real, same manny, or may even be taking over....

Old 08-08-2018, 01:02 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
They are a Canadian company, so you might have better luck with them. I was going to 'argue' and say this is not how they have been with all the members here, but I recall ASPCUSA being top-notch, and then one customer had a bad experience with two Vaders getting delivered on time, and then it seemed like their whole 'house of cards' came tumbling down with member after member getting either deliveries delayed by weeks, or some members after waiting weeks and weeks suddenly were told the bike is not even available and then had to wait weeks and weeks for a refund.

I really hope this is just an anomaly and not Venom's start of something bad...

I will reserve my judgement for now and wait to see what happens. I do like the fact they do have a layaway program for their bikes and may inquire about it. On the other hand the local Daymak dealer also has a similar program and i keep looking at their EM1 electric bike in the same size class. So i will wait and see how things play out with Venom in the future.
'80 Honda XL185S
'76 Yamaha DT250C dual sport
Baja Wilderness Trail 250
'07 Honda Shadow 750 Areo Trike
'01 Harley Davidson Softail Deuce
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyj812 View Post
You can't pin this one on me, my wife is still mad at me. I don't need your wife mad at me too. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Disclaimer: The above post by 2LZ is in no way the view of this site, other members or Bruce's llama. It is the opinion of 2LZ and 2LZ alone. ;-)

Old 08-08-2018, 07:20 AM   #29

Imapdog - I have no idea at all if they are the same person ,but I can definitely confirm there is a "Manny" at Venom Motorsports , about half of the emails I received back from Venom once i started chasing my late delivery were from a "Manny"., on the other hand the emails were fairly polite whereas I have read the TX Manny is not very shy about telling customers pretty bluntly " too bad, how sad, go climb your thumb" especially if he already has their money.

I can't imagine a worse case scenario than TX Manny having somehow gotten involved in and at Venom Motorsports and sincerely hope that is NOT the case.
2020 Orion RXB250L

Old 08-08-2018, 03:19 PM   #30

Bike yet????