Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2018, 12:46 PM   #1

Venom MotorSports Shipping Fail

Direct Quote from Venom MotorSports Website Shipping section :
"Estimated Delivery
Shipping transit time for all orders in Canada should take no more than 2-6 business days. Within the USA it should take no more then 4-7 business days"

So far my Vader which was picked up by the Carrier on the 16th has spent 8 days ( today is July 24th) in California and not left to even begin the journey to me in Fla ,surpassing the max stated "should take" time by 1 day and it has not even left California yet.

This, per the Carrier Agent I spoke to, is because Venom marks shipments as "Consolidated Freight" -basically that means a Trailer is assigned to the FLA area by the Carrier ,and it does not leave until it is full. It might take 3 days, a week, two weeks to fill that Trailer and it is going nowhere until it is full..The upside is it is cheap.The downside is you have <zero> way of knowing what the actual leave day/date will be hence actual Transit time.

So, my Vader has spent 8 days in a Trailer and has not gotten an inch closer to me in FLA ,and the Carrier wasn't sure when it might actually leave, and of course normal transit time will be added once it leaves .So,
I just wanted to share this info and experience so you will be forewarned and be aware that the "4 - 7 days" they state is extremely iffy and more like under the very best of circumstances. All I can do is state my actual experience and say that 8 days after pickup by Carrier that my Vader is still in California ,and I am not happy when I expressly read "4 - 7 days " on stated delivery time on Venoms website.,and that sure has not happened.

I did send Venom an email saying" I see what you did there" and got an email back saying "Escalating to Mngt, not sure what happened".

I already know what happened, it was shipped as consolidated freight ,that being the cheapest way ,the freight bill didnt select that method on it's own.,and that is why it has sat for 8 days in Cali.

Maybe this is a rare one off occurrence , I don't know, but even if it is, it doesn't make me feel any better when I am having to deal with it ,I already waited 2 + weeks for the Vaders to arrive from " Preorder" then had to accept Black instead of the Blue I ordered, and now this BS .
2020 Orion RXB250L

Old 07-24-2018, 03:47 PM   #2

Can I ask how much they charged you for the shipping ?

Old 07-24-2018, 04:05 PM   #3

The Shipping is "free" to the terminal nearest you ,but Venoms price for a Vader is 200-400 dollars over what you can get a Boom 125 for at other websites which is identical in every detail, so the shipping isnt "free" it's just pre-factored into Venoms price .I did pay an addtl $100 Shipping fee for residential delivery after being told the closest terminal to me was a 2 hour drive .
2020 Orion RXB250L

Old 07-24-2018, 04:50 PM   #4

consider the black the more preferred color. not yours of course, but many will envy bc of the rarity up to now....

as far as shipping. they use various carriers depending on destination. you must have odd route for them.... it will be soon most likely and depends on carriers tracking system updates(may be on the rd and not know it)....logistics are tricky at any moment. roadrunner logistics seem to have their shit together for the nashville region from boom.

if you are picking this up at the terminal then you save an additional week of time for delivery. if home delivery add 7 days to planned delivery if you answer the call....i have struggled knowing my 'baby' is sitting at a terminal being moved around no telling how many times for a weeks time before the cargo truck heads out to deliver. i drive almost 1.5 hours to pick my babies up every time.

yes the cost of delivery is already included in price, and you are paying $ for shipping(six one way, half dozen the other)....i would say over 60% of chondas ordered dont arrive on expected eta

Old 07-24-2018, 05:10 PM   #5

Thats sucks. RedCrowRides I know Patience is hard! it will come.
I once had to wait 2 months for a MCO on a scooter I got. BS.

Old 07-24-2018, 05:30 PM   #6

imapdog , I get the terminal tacking on a few extra days to get it from there to my house and was expecting that. What i didn't expect was for it to sit in Cali for 8 days without moving at all. ,and RoadRunners Customer Service told me this morning that is where it is still- in the same WHSE they dropped it off at after they picked it up from BOOMs/Venoms whse in Cali. So, my point is if like you say 60% of them DONT arrive within stated ETA, which I am now experiencing first hand ,then VENOM don't need to quote 4 to 7 days on their website Shipping section, because it's deceptive at best and a damn outright lie at worst , to be blunt.

If i had been told "14 days" transit up front, I would have been fine with that. But I was told 4 to 7 on the 16th when it was picked up by Carrier ,given an estimated delivery date of the 24th, and 8 days later it hasn't moved a foot closer to FLA. THAT I have a problem with.
2020 Orion RXB250L

Last edited by RedCrowRides; 07-24-2018 at 05:35 PM. Reason: Edited for clarity

Old 07-25-2018, 05:53 PM   #7

Day 9 Update: Roadrunners Tracking still shows no updates .
I get an email from Venom at 10:46 a.m. Wed. the 25th in response to one I had sent informing them of the situation and asking for assistance in " lighting a fire" under the Carrier.The email says they have contacted roadrunner and also have a guy trying to contact their California terminal directly to get an update ,and once they know something they will let me know .I check Roadrunners site and at 10 minutes to 5 p.m.
it shows no changes, nor have I received any further emails from Venom .
I decide it is probably safe to assume it is Day 9 for my crate with the "4 to 7 " day delivery time to have not yet left the dock in California. ,and open the first of what will likely be many beers .
2020 Orion RXB250L

Old 07-26-2018, 09:43 AM   #8

Day 10 Update 8:15 a.m. local time.

Was hoping Roadrunner site updated overnight ,and I would be greeted with info that it had shipped. Nope.,this is the most recent information still :
"07/16/2018 12:22 PM Shipment was picked up " Which was when it was picked up from the Boom/Venom Whse and taken to RoadRunners hub , where it has been since.

I still have the last email from 7/25 from Venom which states : "
Hi Michael,

I have personally contacted Roadrunner this morning. I have a representative that is trying to reach their California terminal to get an update. I will keep you posted as soon as I hear back from them. "

I received that email at 10:46 a.m. local time on 7/25 , nothing since. I have decided that I have work to do here and that I need a day off from this and will not send any emails today ,and will check my inbox to see if any information is forthcoming as indicated without my having to beat anyone over the head for it. I will update this post today via the Edit feature if any new information is received via email , or if RoadRunners Tracking shows any change in status as the day progresses.

Seriously have no agenda or vendetta and not trying to be a d*ck ,I am just relating the actual facts as they have , and continue, to occur. I had planned to call them today but have decided against that as frankly I do not trust my ability to communicate while maintaining a civil manner and tone at this point ,I can stop myself from sending questionable language in an email but I'm not so good at keeping it from slipping out when speaking.
2020 Orion RXB250L

Old 07-26-2018, 02:48 PM   #9

Usually when this happens to me at work the freight carrier has messed up the shipment. It's on the wrong dock, wrong truck, or smashed. I'm hoping that's not what ends up coming to light, but if roadrunner already has it, why the run around. They should know exactly where it is and the status. I'd get a roadrunner csr on the phone and make them tell me where it is or wtf is going on. Another way would be to find out who the roadrunner rep is for Venom's area. Get his number and get him on the case. I've had great success in getting shipments found and delivered when I got the regional rep involved.

Old 07-26-2018, 05:33 PM   #10

The RoadRunner Rep i spoke to last is who told me about the "consolidated" freight marking by Venom was the underlying cause for it to have not went anywhere for 8 days, a consolidated trailer doesnt move until filled ,be it a day , a week, or whatever.
Now, it's possible he was trying to cover RoadRunners mistake and pointed the finger at Venom. The part that bothers me is I keep asking Venom for help since they are the Shipper and who got my money, and I keep getting lip service , but no actual answers or information. The last email I got was yesterday at 10 am, and it said " i'll let you know when i find something out" - Well , it's 4:20 pm the next day ,so from 10 am yesterday to 4:30 today,Venom hasnt sent me any info so my ? at this point is,can Venom not find out where my motorcycle is either, have they actually tried ,and why no follow up to me ?I never get diddly unless I initiate and then I get" i dont know, i will this , and that , and let you know"- only they dont ever "let me know".
I cant imagine it taking 2 days for Venom to find out from RoadRunner what the F is going on ,and if it does, why is Venom using them as a Carrier ? I also noticed Venom has neatly avoided any comment on my mentioning they had shipped it as consolidated freight which was likely to be slow .

All I know is, according to everything I have access to ,10 days after I was notified it had Shipped, it is still in California .,and roadrunners CSR told me it was still in Cali on Day 8 or 9 . So yeah, I'm going to go get more beer .Maybe some ammo, too.
2020 Orion RXB250L

Old 07-27-2018, 06:03 PM   #11

Ok, late in the day on Thursday the 26th ,Day 10 I got an email from Venom that said RoadRunner would be loading my crate up and leaving on Friday the 27th afternoon.
No explanation was given as to why or how it sat in Cali for 10 days after I was told it was Shipped and the Carrier had it since the 16th.,nor was any compensation offered ,not so much as a sticker or decal .As of 4:30 pm today the 27th RoadRunners Tracking info has not updated showing it has been loaded or left yet ,but this could be due to update delays which is normal ,if it hasn't updated by tomorrow morning I will once again become concerned and call either Venom or RoadRunner, or both.

And that is my update of Day 11
2020 Orion RXB250L

Old 07-27-2018, 07:16 PM   #12

Dam! sorry, you are having that experience.
I'm just as much eager to see your build. Come on RoadRunner deliver that girl!

Old 07-27-2018, 10:33 PM   #13

Well, the upside is I still had parts I wanted to use in the initial build ,when I basically go over it and loctite ,grease, and tighten everything then start the actual build straggling in from both Thailand (12 O'clock bar from Dark Knight) as well as China(odds and ends and a jet kit) that have been showing up ,and my Ohlins copy rear shock ended up on back-order from 402 Innovations and it has also now shipped .the only thing that likely won't be here by the time the Vader shows up is a front fork brace I ordered ,then the Seller emailed me they were out of Blue and tried to get me to take a Red one and I told 'em hell no i need Blue just wait and ship me one when you get the Blue back in stock, so it will be a week before they ship it from China.,and my Takegawa front fork preload adjusters and caps are "somewhere" between here and Japan still .

I also am trying to figure out how the hell to work this GoPro3 i bought to film the build with , I have never messed with one before so I am learning that while I wait and how to x-fer Video to my PC from the GoPro and then upload to YouTube and all that .I also built an addition on to my shed to have an assembly area for the Vader ,and when I wasn't doing all that I drank a fair amount of beers lol !

Anyways yeah I'll be glad when it gets here ,I just hope it makes it here undamaged and in running condition ,if it's in one piece and will crank and run after assembly I will be good to go.
2020 Orion RXB250L

Old 07-28-2018, 08:55 AM   #14

Day 12 Update ,7:50 A.M. Local Time. Saturday 7/28/2018

Per RoadRunners Tracking page /site, there has been no change in status ,last entry still reflects the 7/16 original pickup date when they picked my crate up from Venom/Boom whse and took it to theirs.
It was "supposed" to be loaded yesterday afternoon/evening per my last information recieved so perhaps there is a delay in the information being entered/ updated but all I know atm is what I can see .

FINALLY ! The Tracking now shows this : 07/28/2018 10:20 AM Trailer Closed - ready for dispatch
2020 Orion RXB250L

Last edited by RedCrowRides; 07-28-2018 at 08:20 PM.

Old 07-30-2018, 01:45 PM   #15

Day 14 - Tracking still shows "07/28/2018 10:20 AM Trailer Closed - ready for dispatch" , today is Monday the 30th.

But nothing indicates it has as of yet left Roadrunners yard, as far as I can tell it's still sitting in a now closed up Trailer .I was told by Venom it was to be leaving Friday, but it didnt even get loaded until Saturday, and as far as I know that was it, it got loaded and there it still sits as of Monday.No further word from Venom, so I assume they didnt check with RoadRunner Friday, Saturday, or Monday to see if it left as stated - which per the Tracking it has not.

So , 2 solid weeks, 14 days after i was told " It shipped the 16th" it is still in Cali.
I spent last week going back and forth with both Venom and Roadrunner trying to get something done ,and reminding Venom of their " 4 to 7 "day delivery time.

I'm done with this ,I'll just sit here and wait and it gets here when it gets here I just wanted people to know what transpired.Assuming it ever makes it here , my final post will be on the day that happens ,where I will post the day and date and how many total days it actually took for a "4 to 7 day" delivery time to take place.

My advice to you if you order from Venom is be prepared for a lengthy wait and ignore their stated 4 to 7 day delivery claim. I'd tell you to watch the Tracking info after you get it and call them if it doesnt show as physically leaving after a couple days, but that did not work for me, all i got was smoke and mirror replies and artful dodging , failed follow ups and told stuff would happen that did not . In short they "Texas PowerSports" ed me . So yeah .,suffice it to say I won't be ordering any Venom MotorSports T Shirts.
2020 Orion RXB250L