Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2015, 05:24 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoJoey View Post
Not having any luck with the rear sprockets, thinking about just getting a bigger front one and maybe that will do what i need it to do. Found a couple of carbs on eBay but not willing to pay what they want lol if it becomes a problem then ill change it but for now ill stick with the carb i got.
Before changing the carb, the exhaust would be the first place to fix. The pipe is not mandrel bent and collapsed on the bend. Also the cat could be removed. I haven't found what pipes interchange yet, and may just manufacture my own SS pipe later on. Our air filters are really free flowing, but a good UNI would be a nice upgrade.

My carb has plenty of power, and is not the limiting factor at this point. Fix the exhaust and a new carb may be warranted.
Be a Piggy!

Old 05-16-2015, 01:32 PM   #17

Depending upon the design of your exhaust system, an old XR200 header might be a bolt-on.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 05-18-2015, 01:48 PM   #18

Maybe a fmf slip on would work? anyone have any input on this

Old 05-18-2015, 02:07 PM   #19

Could work. Start by reverse-engineering the setup.

Take a pic of where your header meets your mid-pipe, and note the clamp location. From there, you can start looking for XR200 mufflers that seem to have a similar mid-pipe location. If you found the same layout, you might end up with a bolt-on deal.

Alternatively, you could chop the muffler off of the existing mid-pipe, and clamp a universal muffler on. Spud used an FMF Turbine Core II that is intended for a two-stroke, but that doesn't matter. He has a very different bike, but he was able to clamp the muffler onto a stock type mid-pipe, and it sounds good.

It's on sale: http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...estor-silencer

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 05-18-2015, 02:32 PM   #20

I installed the FMF Universal Spark Arrestor.

http://oemcycle.com/Products/FMF_Rac...spark+arrestor

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 05-18-2015, 07:17 PM   #21

I like the kit that spud is suggesting do you have any pictures of it installed so i can get a better idea on how to do it.

Old 05-19-2015, 12:45 AM   #22

Spud has a thread on it: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=5974

Bear in mind that your bike is Honda-based, so the installation will be a little different.

Old 05-19-2015, 12:49 AM   #23

Thanks for posting the link, Weld.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 05-23-2015, 05:01 PM   #24

Ill have to look into it and see if it is worth doing just did a sprocket change today For anyone looking to change the sprocket i used a 45 tooth JT sprocket that i bought on amazon and it was a perfect fit only had to sand the inside edge to get it over the hub then put the snap ring back on here is the link to the sprocket in case anyone needs it http://www.amazon.com/JT-Sprockets-J...+rear+sprocket

On a side note thanks to everyone who gave me input on the sprocket it was very helpful, Also how hard would the exhaust be to change out? If its to difficult ill leave it be but if its not to bad its probably worth doing.

Old 05-24-2015, 01:05 AM   #25

Anyone have input on whether the exhaust will be easy to do or an impossible task?

Old 05-25-2015, 11:07 AM   #26

Not impossible at all. It will take some creativity on your part.

For clamps, I can recommend stainless T-bolt clamps, which are often used in irrigation. They're a little pricey, but worth it.

Old 05-26-2015, 08:01 AM   #27

Thanks for the link on the sprocket!
Did you drill your own holes?
I'm at work so haven't read everything yet.. But I was looking at this exhaust pipe.. it's a direct replacement for our bikes but doesn't have the "egg" or cat.

EDIT.. ok.. looks like that sprocket pic was kinda generic.. Any more info on that would be golden
Thanks.. Jeff
1995 Harley Davidson Chopper build from ground up.
1983 Yamaha XJ900 REBUILT!
1971 Triumph Daytona 500 - Restored
1987 Yamaha FJ1200

Old 05-26-2015, 04:10 PM   #28

Im gonna look into the clamps i have found them for 6.00 bucks just have to measure the pipe when i order it to make sure they will fit and as for the exhaust the one you found is awsome didn't know they had one without the cat, i was really just planning on doing the back of the exhaust for now may consider the front at a later point. Heres is the link to what the sprocket i have actually looks like except the one i got is 45 tooth no need to drill holes the fit was perfect other then the inside edge which i sanded the paint off and it fit right onto the hub. Are you planning on a sprocket change soon.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=...32757031468108

Old 05-26-2015, 06:27 PM   #29

Yeah, I was.. 1st gear is really a waste of time and 45 - 47 was where I was thinking, I can't wait to hear how it works out.. Please keep us updated
My sprocket has a chain catcher ring on it?. I see this has holes for one, but I don't see the ring. If you know what I mean.. I guess it doesnt affect anything.. unless you flip a chain.

Here is a thread that shows mine (at the bottom) Interested to know if they are alike.

Cheers... need more pics btw
1995 Harley Davidson Chopper build from ground up.
1983 Yamaha XJ900 REBUILT!
1971 Triumph Daytona 500 - Restored
1987 Yamaha FJ1200

Last edited by dossbag; 05-26-2015 at 08:53 PM.

Old 05-26-2015, 08:27 PM   #30

It has drastically changed the way the bike performs and can now go at higher speeds without the engine reving so high and overall improves the ride big time! To add my bike is exactly like yours so the sprocket i used should work perfect for you as well. As for the chain catcher ring the one i order didnt have one but i put it on just the same and have not had 1 problem yet if you need more info feel free to ask i try to check the forums daily btw amazing looking bike! I should have more pictures up soon haha im kinda lazy when it comes to pictures.