Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-2017, 08:01 PM   #16

Thumbs Up

First 50 miles on . All is well and noticable more power , noticable smoother shifting . The carb will have to tweaked no doubt . The forks are way too soft for my 200 lb body . Rear shock is ok, but really need to get stiffer springs in front. Also when no weight on front end the second it comes off ground there is a clunk from tubes hitting end of travel . Not cool.
But all in all for $1500 it's pretty impressive . Thinking most of running chassis is early 80's Honda . But just a guess after a bit more time with it . Also it looks like both brake calipers are replaceable by 2nd generation KLR 650 oddly enough. And yes I am gionna try as they are large Pistons aka more stopping power . I love to wrench on bikes as I been doing this for last 40 plus years.
Here's pix after dirt road ride today . We have too much snow and ice yet to hit the trails .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (20.8 KB, 149 views)

Old 02-20-2017, 08:07 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 View Post
Mine had that same wrinkle in the seat but after I had the seat out where the sun could hit it the wrinkle magically disappeared. As far as carburetor I just rejetted the stock carb with a 115 but I gutted the cat out. a 110 jet is a good start if you have the stock exhaust. Remove the cap over the idle mixture screw and reset it to 1 1/2 turns out as a starting point. Shim the needle with two small thin washers too. After doing these mods I can start it without choking the carb on warm days and will idle without having to fool with the idle speed screw. On cold days I can start it on half choke and will idle. These bike are fun to play around with and customize to your liking. And most important to run it on the oil that came with it. Run it long enough to warm it up and suspend any metal that was left in there and drain it. Use a non synthetic oil for the 1st oil change so the motor can break in and seat the rings. Put about 200 mile then change again.
Thanks Jerry and all the rest that replied .
All info is greatly appreciated . I will share any and all I find along the way also.

Old 02-20-2017, 10:20 PM   #18

Not sure, you may want to verify. I think the speedometer has a mph overlay to make the dial indicator more or less accurate (). Meanwhile, the Odometer gear is still calculating kph.

Get rid of it asap, best mod you can do. The mjstef digital cluster is accurate, fast easy install and truly plug and play. Around $100.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Last edited by BlackBike; 02-21-2017 at 02:14 AM.

Old 02-20-2017, 11:20 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
Not sure, you may want to verify. I think the speedometer has a mph overlay to make the dial indicator more or less accurate (). Meanwhile, the Odometer gear is still calculating kph.

Get rid of it asap, best mod you can do.
Member mjstef sells a digital cluster. One of the Motocheez videos shows him installing it.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 02-21-2017, 07:40 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post

Get rid of it asap, best mod you can do. The mjstef digital cluster is accurate, fast easy install and truly plug and play. Around $100.
I agree. My speedo was close to accurate but after 800 miles it was about 10 mph off. I picked up the digital cluster for mjstel for $95 shipped. It's dead on accurate. Best money I spent on the bike so far. I have his info in my sig below.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 02-22-2017, 08:30 PM   #21

65 miles and I have developed a clunk while hitting the smallest bumps . A quick look lead to neck bearings are loose . Will fix Thursday .

Old 02-23-2017, 08:26 PM   #22

Just loose neck bearings as I suspected , all better now .