Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-12-2024, 12:18 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdano711 View Post
As far as e-bikes go, that's one that appeals to me.

I'm still paying attention to the Hawk. Put a skid plate on it and bought the pipe, have yet to install. I think I finally understand what you guys mean when you say you use a soda can on the seams where they slip together. I'm guessing held in place on either side with a hose clamp? I got some nice exhaust pipe coupler thingies. The muffler side coupler simply doesn't fit. It's REAL close, but just won't comply. The mid-section seems like it might work, but man, they are bulky. Soda can seems simpler/leaner.

I plan to at least do the stage one kit, might go crazy and do the big bore.
The Heybike Explore is a great bike, and huge. I pulled the trigger on it about a month ago because they are on clearance. This is the last production run they are making of them before it gets replaced with a newer/different fat tire cargo bike next year. I picked it up for $1100 instead of 1800, so I bought a second battery pack with the money I basically saved. each pack is 20AH, so it has great range and a 750w motor. It can cruise at 20mph for quite a while on throttle only (about 45ish miles), or I can put it in PAS level 3 (out of 5) put it in top gear on the crank set and go 18-19mph and get about 60 miles out of it and a decent little workout. Hell, even in PAS1, the lowest assist level, I can get it crusing 15mph with moderate effort on my part and go even futher if I so desire. I really do enjoy riding it quite a lot.

As far as your Hawk. Absolutely do the Motocult head and big bore setup with one of their cam options. The power is amazing. My at-home port job was decent, but the level of port work on his heads is top tier stuff. The power bump is incredible, and because it maintains a lot of flow velocity and swirl with the added air flow, the setup I am running makes 20 wheel hp, revs out to 9000 no problem, all on a VM26 (yes, I went back to the ol' Mikuni clone) and with a main jet number that might surprise most people here. The motocult stuff is worth every penny.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124