Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2023, 02:52 PM   #1381

I use this on my Templar X 250 after I removed both rimlocks. Perfectly balanced wheels, vibration free and smooth as silk at all RPM and all speed.

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/t...m-hole-plugs-p

Edit: Just put them on the correct way. Not like others that put them in backwards and they just fell out while riding the bike.
- #42 / #120 Jets
- 1mm thick nitrile O-ring needle shim (removed)
- Kenda K761 Dual Sport Tires
- Sedona Standard Thickness Inner Tubes
- Stock OEM battery, carburetor, spark plug still going strong
- https://youtu.be/dhAYEKH-jFQ

1. Texas Pete's Templar X 250 Torque Specifications Sheet
  2. Texas Pete's Engine Displacement Calculator
  3. Texas Pete's Tire and Rim Compatibility

Last edited by Texas Pete; 05-31-2023 at 08:57 PM.

Old 05-31-2023, 08:19 PM   #1382

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
try contacting Powersportsmax for the replacement, if that's who you bought it from. They should help.
I emailed KKE again and this is what they responded with:

this shock model is out of stock temporary, can you wait a several times? i will go to check with them when will restock tomorrow!

Looks like I'll be waiting for a little bit at least. My bike is an M with the non-adjustable rear shock. Figured if I'm going to pull the rear shock might as well upgrade.

Old 05-31-2023, 08:22 PM   #1383

Quote:
Originally Posted by tknj99 View Post
Out of curiosity, how many miles does the bike have that the bearings went bad? Mine has 1500mi and no issues other than one or both of the wheels being out of balance as i get vibration between 40-50mph
One of my rear wheel bearings were bad at 400 miles when I pulled the wheel to replace the sprocket. I haven't pulled the front wheel to check those bearings yet but I'm at 840 miles on my bike total right now.

Old 05-31-2023, 08:53 PM   #1384

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
I don't think there is any practical way to get enough weight on there to balance those big rimlocks! If you ride mostl on the road, you could remove them and hope that the tires don't slip on the rim (shredding the tube at the filler nozzle!).

They go on the spokes. They are large and look goofy, but they can get you somewhat close to balance with rimlocks.

- #42 / #120 Jets
- 1mm thick nitrile O-ring needle shim (removed)
- Kenda K761 Dual Sport Tires
- Sedona Standard Thickness Inner Tubes
- Stock OEM battery, carburetor, spark plug still going strong
- https://youtu.be/dhAYEKH-jFQ

1. Texas Pete's Templar X 250 Torque Specifications Sheet
  2. Texas Pete's Engine Displacement Calculator
  3. Texas Pete's Tire and Rim Compatibility

Old 05-31-2023, 09:25 PM   #1385

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Pete View Post
They go on the spokes. They are large and look goofy, but they can get you somewhat close to balance with rimlocks.

They remind me of 80s BMX wheel spoke clackers...

Old 05-31-2023, 10:52 PM   #1386

We used playing cards and clothes pins.

Old 06-01-2023, 07:19 AM   #1387

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Pete View Post

E-bay has many choices. They are brass now instead of lead. I've balanced many a motocross/enduro wheel with rim locks and it makes a difference in flight stability when jumping or on the road at speed.

Old 06-01-2023, 03:08 PM   #1388

wheel bearings

"Out of curiosity, how many miles does the bike have that the bearings went bad? Mine has 1500mi and no issues other than one or both of the wheels being out of balance as i get vibration between 40-50mph"

Mine was missing a seal when I got it. I fabbed up a makeshift seal out of something I had, but it didn't do a very good job. Bike has 700 ish miles on it and bearing is toast.

I ordered a set for an RMZ250 (lists many others as well). As far as I can tell, its a 6904 bearing and I wanted a set with seals, so this looked like the easiest option. I'll report if they don't fit.

I'm trying to determine if the RMZ is a good base design to order parts for, and so far it looks promising. I need to order a front brake disc and am researching the RMZ platform to order from as well. Any input on the brake disc would be great!

Old 06-02-2023, 03:31 PM   #1389

Update: just removed the rim lock on the front and Holy Moly! what a difference, night and day from the shake and bobble before.. I may just leave as is as it almost completely eliminated the vibrations. Not sure if i want to risk a tube pinch on the rear.. i pinched the front but luckily had a spare wheel from my foray with the Titan DLX so scavenged that new tube as replacement.. Thanks so much for this suggestion.. im certain anyone with a Templar is going to have varying degrees of vibration due to the unbalanced wheels and this change is a huge improvement in the street ride

Former China Bikes: Tao DBX1, Brozz 250, CSC RX4, Titan DLX, Templar X

Old 06-02-2023, 04:22 PM   #1390

Has anyone used the balance beads on one of these? I used them on my sportster with tubed tires and they seemed to do well. I didn't experience any issues with vibration, but they did not have rim locks.

2022 Hawk 250 - Mikuni clone carb, jetted appropriately. Pro Tork CRF 150 pipe. Nibbi pod filter. Tusk Chub bars with riser adapters. Amazon levers and foot pegs. Typical gearing change for street... Acerbis hand guards. Nibbi grips. Shortened rear fender. No graphics

2022 Templar X - Stock carb rejetted appropriately, Nibbi grips, Amazon hand guards. Amazon seat cover. Acerbis skid plate, heavily modded. Shortened rear "fender". Custom graphic kit.

Old 06-03-2023, 08:18 AM   #1391

Just placed an order for the Tenplar, usually ride a Beta 300 and a trials bike so this little dualsport will be for some mild exploring while on RV trips. This place seems like a wealth of knowledge on these bikes and I look forward to learning.

Old 06-03-2023, 04:21 PM   #1392

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikd View Post
Just placed an order for the Tenplar, usually ride a Beta 300 and a trials bike so this little dualsport will be for some mild exploring while on RV trips. This place seems like a wealth of knowledge on these bikes and I look forward to learning.
Welcome! Which Templar did you get? Base, M or X?

Old 06-03-2023, 08:25 PM   #1393

During my motor re-build, I had to remove the rear swingarm, so I removed the rear shock all together. I have only 11mm left on the adjustment to "lower it". Does anyone else have the similar "stock adjustment" on their bikes?

Does anyone know how much lower it would be if I take the 11mm out of it?

2022 Hawk 250 - Mikuni clone carb, jetted appropriately. Pro Tork CRF 150 pipe. Nibbi pod filter. Tusk Chub bars with riser adapters. Amazon levers and foot pegs. Typical gearing change for street... Acerbis hand guards. Nibbi grips. Shortened rear fender. No graphics

2022 Templar X - Stock carb rejetted appropriately, Nibbi grips, Amazon hand guards. Amazon seat cover. Acerbis skid plate, heavily modded. Shortened rear "fender". Custom graphic kit.

Old 06-03-2023, 08:29 PM   #1394

During my motor re-build, I had to remove the rear swingarm, so I removed the rear shock all together. I have only 11mm left on the adjustment to "lower it". Does anyone else have the similar "stock adjustment" on their bikes?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Stock srear shock in stock position.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	731.7 KB
ID:	29356  

Old 06-03-2023, 09:05 PM   #1395

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zooker89 View Post

Those threaded rings are for preload adjustment. They wont change the length of the shock (won't lower or raise the bike). If you compress the spring, it will have a stiffer resting position and resist compression on bumpes more. Release compression on the spring (the ~11mm you mentioned??), and it will sag more easily when you sit on it, and compress more easily when you hit bumps (but shouldn't affect the compression rebound settings which are not adjustable on the M).