Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2016, 03:49 PM   #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NM RETIRED GUY View Post
There seems to be a couple of EBAY sellers from Texas selling Hawks and Magicians.Are these owned by this Manny character? Thanks
People have had good luck on buying from APSC in Adamsville, Tennessee. I called them on the phone, and they have parts and honor legitimate warranty claims. You can reach them at 731 632 3222.

Old 10-19-2016, 10:23 PM   #2

Air filter

Getting to the air filter..... Impossible? Has anyone figured it out yet? It's like tucked in the frame and I can't figure out how to get the dadgum airbox open. I mean wow, I am usually good at this sorta thing...

Old 10-19-2016, 10:29 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmcgee View Post
Getting to the air filter..... Impossible? Has anyone figured it out yet? It's like tucked in the frame and I can't figure out how to get the dadgum airbox open. I mean wow, I am usually good at this sorta thing...
You've tried to do it after removing the seat, right?

Old 10-19-2016, 11:32 PM   #4

I thought there was a video showing how the Magician airbox side cover comes off.Maybe it was a different CB.I been watching to many vids on CB bikes again.They're all running together.

Jmcgee,I just posted a thread about the Magician.Maybe you could help me out with some Q and A over there.

http://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=17657

Old 10-20-2016, 07:44 AM   #5

Message Motocheez.He has a Magician and maybe able to help you out.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfs...sZwINrc4KSbAlQ

Old 10-20-2016, 08:24 PM   #6

Had to pull the inner rear fender clip, then the battery box, and airbox at the same time just to get to the filter. WOW, that was a job. The problem with a pod is the airbox is part of the inner rear fender and part of the battery box...

Old 10-26-2016, 09:34 AM   #7

Quote:
Had to pull the inner rear fender clip, then the battery box, and airbox at the same time just to get to the filter. WOW, that was a job. The problem with a pod is the airbox is part of the inner rear fender and part of the battery box...
Ha and I thought my airbox was a PITA, you got me beat. Once I figured out all the nuances of mine it takes about 10 mins to get it off or on. Yours is a little more involved but I bet once you do it a few times it's more annoying than anything else.

All the same I'd try and keep the air box before going to a pod, but to each his own.

Nice bike btw.

Old 10-21-2016, 03:31 PM   #8

I think I could come up with a better solution,once I get my hands on a Magician,and still keep the airbox.I like running pods in the airbox.I have a GS500 with an open element air filter.When the wind blows in from the side,it will cause it to stall when idling,and surge when riding at speed.The GS is finicky about air delivery to the carbs tho.I know the CB bikes aren't like that.

Old 10-21-2016, 04:58 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben2go View Post
I think I could come up with a better solution,once I get my hands on a Magician,and still keep the airbox.I like running pods in the airbox.I have a GS500 with an open element air filter.When the wind blows in from the side,it will cause it to stall when idling,and surge when riding at speed.The GS is finicky about air delivery to the carbs tho.I know the CB bikes aren't like that.
I think a free flowing still air box is a big plus for any motorcycle. All kinds of carburation issues, in my experience, in not having one. All kinds of weird air currents around the mouth of the carburetor make jetting and pipeing very difficult. Running a pod type air cleaner in the box is a good solution to the problem

Old 10-21-2016, 05:49 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben2go View Post
Wow that is finicky, out of 2 cb450 nighthawks, a nighthawk S, a cb750, 3 KZ900s, 2 KZ1000s, a top-gun ninja900 and a zx10 I have never had any issue with pod filters.

Old 10-26-2016, 12:15 AM   #11

While waiting on my tank, I have changed the main jet in the stock carb to a 112.5 (it takes mikuni jets) I changed my front sprocket to a 17, (17-45 now) added a choke cable, and the iridium spark plug swap. I may go with the pod filter, have not decided yet, not sure if the jet is big enough, I have a 130 jet but that's all i have. well a 160 but pretty sure that is way to big.

Old 10-26-2016, 05:56 PM   #12

Has to give someone good service... he basically tossed us and our paperwork under the bus so fast it was insane

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 10-26-2016, 09:28 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhule View Post
Has to give someone good service... he basically tossed us and our paperwork under the bus so fast it was insane
I've heard it go both ways.I think he picks and chooses who he feels is worthy of his time,or either he has sh!tty days, and takes it out on his customers.I've never done business with him and will try to avoid it.

Old 10-28-2016, 05:36 PM   #14

Thumbs Up

I ordered this exhaust http://www.ebay.com/itm/322065277975 from china on wednesday. it arrived today! WOW they must have ran put it on the plane while i was still paying for it! 2 days from China its amazing!

No I don,t know the guy, no they don't pay or give me anything, I just had to share this amazing transaction!

Old 10-28-2016, 10:13 PM   #15

Quote:
I ordered this exhaust http://www.ebay.com/itm/322065277975 from china on wednesday. it arrived today! WOW they must have ran put it on the plane while i was still paying for it! 2 days from China its amazing!

No I don,t know the guy, no they don't pay or give me anything, I just had to share this amazing transaction!
How's the magacian/ninja running now? Your Brooklet boys ordered the hawks yet? I use to ride some of those dirt roads in that area back in the day when I was at GSU. Gods country.