Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-30-2022, 05:08 AM   #946

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifanatic View Post
Just curious if other bikes from them arrive missing parts like this. Also, what are you guys going to do when the war makes getting parts for your little russian bikes impossible? a heavy duty paperweight is just that..a heavy duty paper weight. Slava Ukraine!
Russian bikes? What Russian bikes?

Old 12-30-2022, 05:48 AM   #947

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
Russian bikes? What Russian bikes?
These bikes (templar) were originally designed for the Russian market, so don't pretend you don't know that. Several of you are basically puppets and pretend to be real, but a name like Zuumav and the majority of the data is Russian, I have to question your authenticity. Come on man? Who the hell are you kidding? this website is starting to get very transparent and that makes me sad. Is it possible to get a share of the kickback pay?

Old 12-30-2022, 07:37 AM   #948

Actually...
Wuyi Zuma Industries is a Chinese manufacturing company. They have been building dirt bikes for about 10 years under their brand, Zuumav.

Wuyi Zuma is Chinese. They source parts for dirt bike and pit bikes from the same Chinese manufacturers as other Chinese brands including Apollo and the Trail master bikes.

There may be some difficulty getting parts if trade relations with China take a dive, but that is unlikely since the US has a significant dependence on trade (and vice versa) for most of your kitchen appliances, your phone, your laptop, your clothes, lamps, lighting fixtures, tools in your garage, parts in your car, and even some of the furniture you sit on.

Wuyi Zuma sell dirt bikes all over the world, including some Eastern European countries (Russian language is used in a few of them).

I can assure you, I was born in the USA, speak only English (some Spanish), have degrees from high school and Universities in the USA, have publications in scientific journals (mostly US-based, a few European-based) from a long career in academia based in the USA. And I paid my hard earned US dollars on a few inexpensive Chinese dirt bikes. I bought one for my son, who happens to be heading for one of our American Military Academies. Believe me, I am 100% authentic and real American.

Last edited by Thumper; 01-03-2023 at 09:36 AM.

Old 12-30-2022, 10:09 AM   #949

Lifanitic appears to be a new troll to the site looking to stir up trouble and can be safely ignored until proven otherwise.. anyone ragging on our bikes is just jealous they don't have one and are not in the know.. oh and take your "support Ukraine" BS somewhere else..

Former China Bikes: Tao DBX1, Brozz 250, CSC RX4, Titan DLX, Templar X

Old 12-30-2022, 10:33 AM   #950

Quote:
These bikes (templar) were originally designed for the Russian market, so don't pretend you don't know that. Several of you are basically puppets and pretend to be real, but a name like Zuumav and the majority of the data is Russian, I have to question your authenticity. Come on man? Who the hell are you kidding? this website is starting to get very transparent and that makes me sad. Is it possible to get a share of the kickback pay?
This is not what the forum is about. Pleased read the forum rules before attacking other members.
Please read carefully. https://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=26869
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Last edited by JerryHawk250; 12-30-2022 at 11:10 AM.

Old 12-30-2022, 05:43 PM   #951

Quote:
Just curious if other bikes from them arrive missing parts like this. Also, what are you guys going to do when the war makes getting parts for your little russian bikes impossible? a heavy duty paperweight is just that..a heavy duty paper weight. Slava Ukraine!
Well as long as it supports the war effort, I can deal with some missing parts.
2023 Royal Enfield Classic 350 “Trigger”

Old 12-30-2022, 07:44 PM   #952

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okierider View Post
Well as long as it supports the war effort, I can deal with some missing parts.
War effort? Wuyi Zuma is a Chinese company (10 years making dirt bikes and pit bikes), and a war in Ukraine will not affect Chinese industry for dirt bikes at all. The Templar X is a Chinese manufactured product. Ignore the ignorant tin foil hat conspiracy crowd. This has nothing to do with Russia or Ukraine.

USA has a reciprocal trade relationship with China. Two massive markets deeply reliant on trade. Don't worry.

Last edited by Thumper; 12-30-2022 at 10:27 PM.

Old 12-30-2022, 07:58 PM   #953

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
War effort? Wuyi Zuma is a Chinese company (10 years making dirt bikes and pit bikes), and a war in Ukraine will not affect Chinese industry for dirt bikes at all. The Templar X is a Chinese manufactured product. Ignore the ignorant tin hat conspiracy crowd. This has nothing to do with Russia or Ukraine.

USA has a reciprocal trade relationship with China. Two massive market deeply reliant on trade. Don't worry.
I know I was just feeding the troll

So has anyone found a aftermarket replacement for the header? Maybe one of the Honda CRF pipes?
The spring mount on my muffler snapped off so that gives me a causus belli to look at exhaust stuff lol.
The muffler is still bolted in place so it’s not gone anywhere.

Played some more with the valves, got it dialed in and running really well, and went for a ride. What a lovely little bike for riding dirt and gravel roads just cruising around. Punches way above its price point.
2023 Royal Enfield Classic 350 “Trigger”

Last edited by Okierider; 12-31-2022 at 09:49 PM.

Old 01-01-2023, 06:25 PM   #954

Suspension Time 2023

I put 102 miles on the bike so far. About 38 of the miles today alone. It was a balmy 75 degrees here so after the negative 12 degrees I was hot to take the bike for a spin. I took my full gear this time, but sans the wind blocking layer and the thermal layers in both jacket and pants -- they sure feel and look much more baggy without those layers inside.

I also used my new Bluetooth receiver and over the ear looping headsets for the first time on the road. (https://chinariders.net/showpost.php...postcount=3243)

I plugged in a close by park I had never visited and hit the streets. Bike performed flawlessly and I got the chain dirty as I soon hit poorly maintained lumpy tarmac that quickly became poorly maintained tarmac covered with gravel which then became mildly rutted and holed dirt roads with both gravel and decently sized rocks scattered all over.

Perhaps motivated by the fork adjustments I did in the past to increase tendency to turn into turns (some oversteer) before the rubber profile in the lean changed the suspension feel back to more planted and then due to the dirt road and rocks ride today and perhaps inspired by this purchase I decided I wanted to try a fully planted feeling suspension at all points of the turns. (https://chinariders.net/showpost.php...postcount=3298)

So now I am set to about 2 1/2 rings above the triple-tee:
Name:  Moved Front Forks Two And Half.jpg
Views: 811
Size:  127.3 KB

And this time I might as well get a measurement for future reference:
Name:  Moved Front Forks Caliper Measuring.jpg
Views: 804
Size:  116.5 KB

And the reading I am using for this adjustment:
Name:  Moved Front Forks Caliper Reading.jpg
Views: 813
Size:  221.4 KB

The sun was starting to go down so I took the bike out for a quick sprint around the estate roads and the tendency to want to turn into turns is now removed and its the same planted feeling throughout the entire turn. I am starting to much prefer this setup especially on normal streets but again time will tell the more I ride it with the new setup.

Now I have to wait for another day to go re-test the new settings on the extremely poor country roads with gravel, rocks and holes everywhere.

When I get the time I'll do a proper suspension tuning, I need an assistant to help me get the sag measurements and dial in the sag. This will need to be done first as I'll then have to re-do all my other suspension adjustments around this first initial setting. But for now I'm gaining experience with the out-of-the-crate sag setting to get a feel for the valves impacts on the existing suspension.

EDIT: If anyone is using my torque specifications PDF, I am trying a new fork tube clamp torque setting deviation from the PDF. Lower and Upper on the PDF are set to 15 foot pounds of torque. Due to the aluminimum used in forks and wanting to make sure the internal spring doesn't get bound up I am keeping the upper clamp bolts at 15 foot pounds of torque but I am now using 12 foot pounds of torque on the lower clamp bolts. Post with PDF torque specifications (https://chinariders.net/showpost.php...&postcount=815)
- #42 / #120 Jets
- 1mm thick nitrile O-ring needle shim (removed)
- Kenda K761 Dual Sport Tires
- Sedona Standard Thickness Inner Tubes
- Stock OEM battery, carburetor, spark plug still going strong
- https://youtu.be/dhAYEKH-jFQ

1. Texas Pete's Templar X 250 Torque Specifications Sheet
  2. Texas Pete's Engine Displacement Calculator
  3. Texas Pete's Tire and Rim Compatibility

Old 01-01-2023, 11:29 PM   #955

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Pete View Post
I put 102 miles on the bike so far. About 38 of the miles today alone. It was a balmy 75 degrees here so after the negative 12 degrees I was hot to take the bike for a spin. I took my full gear this time, but sans the wind blocking layer and the thermal layers in both jacket and pants -- they sure feel and look much more baggy without those layers inside.

I also used my new Bluetooth receiver and over the ear looping headsets for the first time on the road. (https://chinariders.net/showpost.php...postcount=3243)

I plugged in a close by park I had never visited and hit the streets. Bike performed flawlessly and I got the chain dirty as I soon hit poorly maintained lumpy tarmac that quickly became poorly maintained tarmac covered with gravel which then became mildly rutted and holed dirt roads with both gravel and decently sized rocks scattered all over.

Perhaps motivated by the fork adjustments I did in the past to increase tendency to turn into turns (some oversteer) before the rubber profile in the lean changed the suspension feel back to more planted and then due to the dirt road and rocks ride today and perhaps inspired by this purchase I decided I wanted to try a fully planted feeling suspension at all points of the turns. (https://chinariders.net/showpost.php...postcount=3298)

So now I am set to about 2 1/2 rings above the triple-tee:
Attachment 28245

And this time I might as well get a measurement for future reference:
Attachment 28246

And the reading I am using for this adjustment:
Attachment 28247

The sun was starting to go down so I took the bike out for a quick sprint around the estate roads and the tendency to want to turn into turns is now removed and its the same planted feeling throughout the entire turn. I am starting to much prefer this setup especially on normal streets but again time will tell the more I ride it with the new setup.

Now I have to wait for another day to go re-test the new settings on the extremely poor country roads with gravel, rocks and holes everywhere.

When I get the time I'll do a proper suspension tuning, I need an assistant to help me get the sag measurements and dial in the sag. This will need to be done first as I'll then have to re-do all my other suspension adjustments around this first initial setting. But for now I'm gaining experience with the out-of-the-crate sag setting to get a feel for the valves impacts on the existing suspension.

EDIT: If anyone is using my torque specifications PDF, I am trying a new fork tube clamp torque setting deviation from the PDF. Lower and Upper on the PDF are set to 15 foot pounds of torque. Due to the aluminimum used in forks and wanting to make sure the internal spring doesn't get bound up I am keeping the upper clamp bolts at 15 foot pounds of torque but I am now using 12 foot pounds of torque on the lower clamp bolts. Post with PDF torque specifications (https://chinariders.net/showpost.php...&postcount=815)
Took mine out for a 18 mile spin. Couldn’t resist the 78 degree day we had. Bike ran great. Glad yours did as well. Really liking this bike more and more.
Pro Taper Grips
125 main 45 pilot jets
42 tooth rear sprocket
2010 Yamaha Vstar 1100 Silver Star

Old 01-02-2023, 11:30 AM   #956

Thumbs Up Lowered the Temp X

Done:
See post # 12 here
https://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=31860

Old 01-02-2023, 11:40 AM   #957

Carb work

The intake manifold (spigot) has no gasket on these Templars. Not even an oring! TK already noticed this and used gasket maker on it. I was having some idle drift, so I sealed mine up too.

I only put a narrow bead, closer to the outer side on the surface so it wouldn't squeeze into the intake path. But I still saw a little on the outer bead, cleaned it up. I used 600F red RTV.

Name:  ManifoldSeal.JPG
Views: 742
Size:  177.8 KB

But I notices that the throttle cable had been routed UNDER the stay dropping down from behind the tank (with the choke cable, which you can see here), so I rerouted the throttle cable over that stay. There is room under the tank there for it. This reduced the bend in the cable at the top of the slide, a lot! It seems to move more freely now. It should increase the life of the cable too.

Name:  throttleCableRouting.JPG
Views: 717
Size:  208.8 KB

Old 01-02-2023, 08:03 PM   #958

I'm curious if anyone has noticed this bike does not like allowing the clutch to slip going backwards. Even at times it will not reverse until its in neutral. I've had some technical situations we're I get a very loud pop reversing the bike down a steep decent. Really scary last week this caused me to drop it due to compression braking loss.. Not sure how many pops I get before something breaks. Noise seems internal.

Additionally the motor has developed an ever so slight tapping noise coming from bottom end. The tapping only appears on steep decents mid RPM not using throttle. Bike has been great. Just hit the 2k mark.

Old 01-02-2023, 08:09 PM   #959

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutcracker View Post
I'm curious if anyone has noticed this bike does not like allowing the clutch to slip going backwards. Even at times it will not reverse until its in neutral. I've had some technical situations we're I get a very loud pop reversing the bike down a steep decent. Really scary last week this caused me to drop it due to compression braking loss.. Not sure how many pops I get before something breaks. Noise seems internal.

Additionally the motor has developed an ever so slight tapping noise coming from bottom end. The tapping only appears on steep decents mid RPM not using throttle. Bike has been great. Just hit the 2k mark.
Mine rolls back in gear (clutched). No resistence at all. It feels just like every other multidisk clutch motorcycle engine. This applies to both my 5 speed (ZS172FMM-3A) and 6 speed (ZS172FMM-5). Both are smooth and powerful, no odd noises.

Which engine is yours? Is your clutch engaging fully (cable tight enough). How about oil? What brand/kind and when did you change it last?

Just trying to get a baseline...

Old 01-02-2023, 08:59 PM   #960

I always back down my incline driveway in neutral as I have to fiddle with my fob to close the garage door so I’d have to either stop the bike or shift it to neutral anyway at the bottom of the drive. I’ll try it in gear and clutched next time and shift it to neutral at the bottom to see what the transmission does.
- #42 / #120 Jets
- 1mm thick nitrile O-ring needle shim (removed)
- Kenda K761 Dual Sport Tires
- Sedona Standard Thickness Inner Tubes
- Stock OEM battery, carburetor, spark plug still going strong
- https://youtu.be/dhAYEKH-jFQ

1. Texas Pete's Templar X 250 Torque Specifications Sheet
  2. Texas Pete's Engine Displacement Calculator
  3. Texas Pete's Tire and Rim Compatibility