Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-14-2017, 09:12 PM   #1

Question 65 MPH top speed at 7200 RPM 39 deg day

Well thought I would get my Bashan Blaze ready for the riding season. Ive been jetting the carb and took it out for a little test ride as it warmed up to 39 deg Fahrenheit today. Right now I have 429 miles on it. I have the after market muffler installed and the new alloy rimed wheels with a new chain. All the smog stuff is removed. I have a Mikuni VM26 installed. Right now I have a 96 main jet installed. I rode the bike from 8500 feet to 7200 and back. The bike warmed up fast had no bog at idle with smooth acceleration all the way up to WOT. In fifth gear WOT was at 7200 RPM where the bike ran out of power and struggled a little to keep up the speed but it did. I could get the bike to over 8000 RPM in all the other gears with no problem. The plug looks good with no soot and there is a nice tan color starting on the insulator. The speedometer read around 72 MPH so my guess is a top speed of around 65 MPH at 7200 RPM? Is that what I should expect from this bike? Should it be able to make it to 8000+ RPM in fifth gear up here at this stage in its brake in or ever? What are your bikes doing for top cruising speed and top RPM? Thanks

Last edited by Merlin; 02-15-2017 at 12:30 PM.