Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-2016, 02:21 PM   #1

Texas in the House

Hello everyone,

My name is Peter, I recently discovered the Hawk 250 dual sport on ebay and found ya'lls website and will be looking on here for a while, so please don't get annoyed with my questions. I'm looking to buy my first bike and I think this is valid option from what I hear. If anyone has a H250 in texas let me know, I'd like to find out more about registration and such as I get closer to purchasing one. I'd be primarily use it to commute to school and go trail riding on the weekends. Thanks

Old 04-22-2016, 02:24 PM   #2

welcome! ask all you want!

Old 04-22-2016, 05:27 PM   #3

I used these guys,

they handled all the title business and my tags came in the mail..
Easy if you are buying in texas. got to pay the tax and title fee but it's legit.
http://www.txpowersports.com/

Old 04-22-2016, 06:06 PM   #4

Just be careful "Manny" doesn't do you dirty like he did me... and good luck getting him to replace anything under warranty... I now know why "Manny" needs to have 4 different websites to sell Chinese motorcycles to customers... every now and again he uses one of them to screw one over

360PowerSports.com
ATVsnmore
MyScootersandATVs.com
TxPowersports.com

Yeah, those are all owned by the same person... "Mr. Gaurav (aka "Manny") Sharma"... and I'm sure he has a few more companies/websites he has in the works when enough people complain about those websites.

http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=16239

Have fun and good luck

*I will say I have rarely read of a bad HAWK delivery... but it has happened, and his customer service is "top notch" with those customers too...

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 04-22-2016, 07:12 PM   #5

I have a 28 inch inseam and I went and sat on a CX250 and it was wayyyyyyy too tall. I couldn't even one leg it, I was on my toes. Do you guys know if you can lower these bikes? That CX250 had a 34 inch seat height, and I'm pretty sure the H250 does too. Kinda a bummer

Old 04-22-2016, 07:43 PM   #6

Welcome aboard !

" Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted." - John Lennon

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there" ....George Harrison song

Old 04-22-2016, 07:47 PM   #7

my inseam is a 30 . the bike does lower a bit when i put my 180 pounds on it . I was concerned at first about this issue as well. then i watch some vids about short dudes and tall bikes.. those vids let me know that its manageable. i'm prolly gonna be looking at a klr on the future because i do like this posture and not intimidated anymore. What i learned from the goldwing is that once your moving, many of these obstacles disappear.

Old 04-22-2016, 07:58 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by traygiddens View Post
my inseam is a 30 . the bike does lower a bit when i put my 180 pounds on it . I was concerned at first about this issue as well. then i watch some vids about short dudes and tall bikes.. those vids let me know that its manageable. i'm prolly gonna be looking at a klr on the future because i do like this posture and not intimidated anymore. What i learned from the goldwing is that once your moving, many of these obstacles disappear.
Yeah I figure. That longer link seems to help it, did you adjust your forks at all or did you get used to it when it was near flush?

Old 04-22-2016, 08:57 PM   #9

Welcome; we are glad you joined us.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 04-24-2016, 12:46 PM   #10

Welcome, Peter! Perhaps you'd care to search the boards for Storm info; I think they have a lower seat height.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer