Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2022, 11:04 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExMxer View Post
That’s great! Someone will have your back during the entire process….. Amazon makes sure their customers are taken care of. At least, it’s always been that way for me

Hopefully, that will be the case. X-Pro is PowerSportsMax's twin brother, but selling exclusively on Amazon. Same company, according to this thread here.

Old 03-24-2022, 11:10 PM   #32

X-Pro and Powersportsmax are generally one and the same dealer, and 'X-Pro' is a brand of Powersportsmax. They don't promote that because they seem to have slightly different prices from their online store vs. their Amazon store. Powersportsmax (and the Amazon store by default) are generally a powerhouse dealing in Chinese bikes. The owner of Powersportsmax lives in China (I got this information several months ago) and generally has some kind of special relationship over most all the brands. They relabel many bikes as 'X-Pro', such as the 'X-Pro Hawk' but then started getting into their own branding of unique bikes like the Titan and now the Templar. They do get the financing to purchase the last several bikes of a manufacturer so as to gain a kind of command of the sales market (Safer Wholesale out of Illinois does this as well). They were able to obtain quite a few of the last bikes right before the COVID pandemic hit, and still had bikes in stock when others were clear out of them. One thing I do appreciate is the fact that they will take bikes off their listing when they no longer have them in stock, so one does not have to read all the fine print to see that a bike is on 'pre-order' rather than in stock. Remember those months-long waits during the pandemic from some dealers? They got people's money up front, and seemingly dragged them along for months and months. Now, it wasn't all their fault as the manufacturers probably tell them, "1 more month!" and it ended up taking 6, but when bikes did become available at a higher wholesale price, they there were members reporting that dealers were trying get more out of them. Again, not entirely their fault, but at least Powersportsmax only lists what they have in stock or can source and ship rather than string a customer along. Now, there are members, and I am sure Yelp reviews, showing negative experiences for other reasons, so they aren't entirely without 'sin' but at least they only show what they can sell.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 03-25-2022, 12:05 AM   #33

Received the bike today. Box was beat to heck & shipping frame mangled.. But only a few scratches nothing major..

As for the Bike. Wow! I'm impressed. Quality is a lot better than I was expecting. Everything is greased, tight and straight. I'm going over everything.. Zuumav build quality has my approval. So impressed I'm questioning should I order a 2nd. Can't see the price going down. I should test it for a week at least...

Old 03-25-2022, 02:14 AM   #34

Wow, that sounds awesome man, I'm glad it turned out pretty solid. I'm looking for a bike to buy within the coming week, and when I seen this one, I had to run here to grab some info. I think I'm going to go ahead and snag one off of Amazon this coming Monday, and I'll be updating everything on here.

Old 03-25-2022, 08:18 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by scbindisbihhh View Post
I see that the price went up $100, and so did the delivery. Other amazon delivery prices are $299. Still it looks like an attractive deal when you read the specs, esp. with 21"/18" tires and adjustable hydraulics on the suspension. Tires are very dirt-oriented!
1969 Honda CT90--The Tomahto
Cheesy is the WDK (workplace drama king). Now retired. Nope, back in the saddle.
Climate: The Movie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A24fWmNA6lM
How our government really works https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjadCd0VRBw
Question all authority.....think for yourself

Old 03-25-2022, 08:37 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by TominMO View Post
I see that the price went up $100, and so did the delivery. Other amazon delivery prices are $299. Still it looks like an attractive deal when you read the specs.
Amazon is generally more expensive now. Didn't used to be!
The original source is still showing stock. It is also possible that Amazon is sponsoring the original source, and hence the higher price.

Old 03-25-2022, 08:39 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutcracker View Post
Received the bike today. Box was beat to heck & shipping frame mangled.. But only a few scratches nothing major..

As for the Bike. Wow! I'm impressed. Quality is a lot better than I was expecting. Everything is greased, tight and straight. I'm going over everything.. Zuumav build quality has my approval. So impressed I'm questioning should I order a 2nd. Can't see the price going down. I should test it for a week at least...
The plastics on that bike are straight off an 07 thru 09 Suzuki RMZ 250, with the exception of the tank. So, they are easily had through any major plastic company, with multiple color options if you ever wanted a color change. Graphics would be simple to find, and have custom made to whatever your heart desires. Not sure about the headlight cover, but everything else should easily swap. Just some options for down the road.........

Old 03-25-2022, 08:49 AM   #38

Quote:
Some updates. For the MSO this is the response I received.

"The certificate of origin defines it as dirt bike but it has same specs as on road vehcles.
We provide paperwork for you to get registration but we dont guarantee it can be registered as road legal. You need to check with your local DMV."

Found out that the Bike is Manufactured by Zuumav Wuyi. "Zuumav CB250" being sent to several companies such as Powersportsmax...

Seems like there is alot of praise for this engine "zs172fmm-3a" in UK, Russia Etc. Positive being torque, power and reliability. Negative being Vibration and maxed out displacement for upgrading HP. Some did mention timing chain stretch on 7 to 10k bikes but not on the Zongshen engine another manufacturer...
Obviously these are made in China. Wuyi is Chinese, Zuumav sounds Russian. There are Zuumav CB250 vids on YT, all in Russian. I'm guessing they are Zuumav-spec'd bikes being sent to the US straight from China. Unless Powersportsmax is now importing from Russia too, but I doubt it.
Cheesy is the WDK (workplace drama king). Now retired. Nope, back in the saddle.

Old 03-25-2022, 09:13 AM   #39

I'm curious who makes the suspension on these...... My son and I are seriously debating getting a pair of these things. As in, both are scrambling the web trying to find any and all info we can. Or, to the point if we have trouble tagging them, to heck with it. We could just trailer them to the trails on a weekend getaway Father and Son style. This could be a nice college graduation present to him..... And to myself, his tuition wasn't cheap!!!!

Old 03-25-2022, 11:20 AM   #40

Quote:

Btw, what is the little lever above the clutch? Hot start? Choke?

Old 03-25-2022, 01:45 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExMxer View Post
Btw, what is the little lever above the clutch? Hot start? Choke?

Just noticed that. A rear hand-brake maybe?

Old 03-25-2022, 03:06 PM   #42

Zuumav might be the Powersportsmax of Russia, in which case Manny would be spelled MAHHI.

Old 03-26-2022, 10:31 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by scbindisbihhh View Post
Just noticed that. A rear hand-brake maybe?
Maybe a compression release for the kickstart?

Hey Nutcracker, please let us know what that lever does.
2016 Tao Tao 125D

Old 03-26-2022, 06:00 PM   #44

The little lever is a choke. Its not automatic you hold it in release after a couple of seconds. Also used for opening the butterfly for faster starting if you lay it down. 21 miles of soft trails today. Lots of low end torque & power. It's a tall bike taller than my CRF 230 more power also. I'm using a mixture of rpms while breaking the engine in. Likes 40 mph on dirt roads probably will max out around 60. I love first gear lots of grunt. Very close ratios great for trail's.

Things I don't like.

Carbonator ( Manufacturer "You All" Japan. It's a PE30 no air screw and it's pressed unable to reset. That being said I have zero bogg great response and idle so maybe it's good. Time will tell.

Battery needs to go. It's heavy and connections will eventually break due to extreme angle it's installed in.

Skid plate is a joke. Great for playing a deadly game of frisbee..

Probably Chinese manufacturing but a some bolts holes needed chasing with a tap.

Helpful Tech info..

Takes 1 quart of oil. Valves we're adjusted at .0025 Intake and .003 exhaust.

Important because the Russian videos state you need to adjust valves regularly. Lots of oil changes the motor runs warm..

Old 03-26-2022, 06:08 PM   #45

Carbonator haha Carburetor I'm having to relearn English from all this China talk.. I should have added the suspension is great. It is made by KKE it has a full range of adjustment from compression, rebound adjustment, preload and the shock absorber adjustment. Each have 12 to 18 settings. I'm set in the middle on all settings will be fine tuning soon...