Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-08-2021, 12:30 AM   #1

PowerSportsMax dealer Legitimate??

Looking to pick up a 250 enduro again before spring.(had the gy200) See the RPS Hawk DLX, Brozz 250 and the Tbr7. Watching prices... then see PowerSportMax and they are near hundreds less... with free gear. What gives? crap dealer? Months to deliver? Looking for advice of who you recommend. their site:
https://www.powersportsmax.com/index.php
and whats the XPro model??
MinnesotaRider

Old 01-08-2021, 02:05 AM   #2

I will try to give you as much detail as I think I recall. A brick and mortar dealer local to the L.A. area told me about them and what makes them 'special'. First of all, they have been around for years. Discussed both positively and negatively here on Chinariders. Negatives being non-responsive to warranty issues. That was years ago. Lately, generally positives. They sell on Amazon. X-Pro is their own branding, which includes bikes unique to them, as well as rebranding bikes already on the market as 'X-Pro' such as the 'X-Pro Hawk 250'.

From what I understand, they are owned by Chinese principals. They get special treatment due to their connections with Chinese headquarters in China. They also get kickbacks from the hq in the form of bonuses. So, it is their interest to dominate the market and sell as many bikes as they can even if they don't profit one cent because they get a bonus check at certain times of the year. Having access to cash allows them to buy up remaining inventory of certain brands' bikes, like what happened as the lockdowns were going into effect. They reportedly bought up the remaining Lifan KPMini 150s last spring before no more bikes were coming is an example of this.

I am guessing they are no better or worse than most any other large retailer. They offer a few unique bikes, including one similar to the Orion RXB 250 offroad dirtbike. Their version doesn't have as many features as the Orion bike, so is a few hundred dollars less.

I happened to watch a YouTube video where a guy ordered a Boom! Vader 125 months ago, and more recently his sister ordered a 'X-Pro Vader 125'. He was going over the pluses and minuses of each bike, and he seemed to feel his sister got a better bike from Powersportsmax vs. his Vader bike even them being essentially the same thing. There are probably other subtle comparisons out there.

Overall, I don't think you will 'lose' out getting a bike through Powersportsmax. Their prices always seem to be competitive enough, and I have not recalled reading or watching any videos lately (last couple years) where Powersportsmax has pissed off anyone.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 01-08-2021, 04:05 AM   #3

I would just go with txpowersports they are known, have ok support, plus the bikes come with a warranty. https://www.txpowersports.com/

Old 01-08-2021, 06:41 AM   #4

I would be more inclined to go with powersports max than TX Powersports, there have been a lot of problems with TX in the past on this site, a cursory search will show, even if there have been less more recently.

Old 01-08-2021, 07:45 AM   #5

To be honest , when speaking about chinese bikes if the dealer is not csc, peace, or venom / belmont and finally Kronik Racing out of Cali ,there is a fair chance you are on your own almost totally after they get your money ,and you need to be aware of that going into it. All the others may or may not provide warranty parts at their whim ,and / or may or may not even pick up the phone after the actual sale.
2020 Orion RXB250L

Old 01-08-2021, 10:57 AM   #6

I have to agree. For the price point, just be happy if the bike arrives and mostly sorted out condition and runs. You are on your own for repairs and support. I got lucky with mine have relatively few issues that I can live with (ex. Fuel tank level sensor does not work and gear 2 does not show up on shift indicator). I can open the cap to see the fuel, and I am coming from a history of driving motorcycles that never had any feature beyond a speedo, so the gear indicator is just gravy to me.

I ordered form TX too. Quick delivery and paperwork arrived in the mail at the same time as the bike. Mine was a good experience. I originally ordered from Q9 and cancelled due to constant stock availability delays on the TBR7.

Old 01-08-2021, 11:44 AM   #7

I really appreciate all the good feedback! My #1 concern is getting run around and waiting 2-3 months for delivery (til they can order 10 bikes for cheaper) so if its Not In Stock... forget it. #2 concern is getting replacement parts. The Hawk parts "appears" to be most readily available, although they're almost all the same bikes with different plastics.
EFI would be nice... until I need to find parts to repair it. Electronics reliability doesn't appear to be a strong suit.

Old 01-08-2021, 12:15 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnesotaRider View Post
I really appreciate all the good feedback! My #1 concern is getting run around and waiting 2-3 months for delivery (til they can order 10 bikes for cheaper) so if its Not In Stock... forget it. #2 concern is getting replacement parts. The Hawk parts "appears" to be most readily available, although they're almost all the same bikes with different plastics.
EFI would be nice... until I need to find parts to repair it. Electronics reliability doesn't appear to be a strong suit.
From what I understand--if it is on the Powersportsmax site, it is available for delivery. There are no weeks/months delays like what happened with some retailers early in 2020 when the pandemic was hitting China and their factories were shut down.

Powersportsmax should be okay.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 01-08-2021, 01:30 PM   #9

I am partial to the TBR7 for slightly better quality build for the same price. Plus, the Hawk cannot be registered in NJ for road use from my research with the DMV.

True, you are likely best to only order if they have it in stock.

Parts are available via ebay, amazon and some chinese sites. If you look at a recent TBR7 thread, many parts are already identified with links.

When you get it, you will likely want to order up a replacement Minkuni carb, jets, sprockets and chain. The carb that comes with it is easier and more cost effective to just replace outright, else the bike won't run correctly. They send it really lean and all gunked up with tamper proof screws for EPA reasons it appears. Fuel injection would have been nice, but I went for simplicity and easier repairs with the carb option. Use a 110 main, 30 primary and 1.5 turns out from fully seated for air/fuel screw on the bottom. That will give you the baseline for it running right and can tweak from there.

The sprockets too, mine came way geared for low torque and limited speed. 520 100 link chain, 13 front/32 rear is pretty nice on mine.

If you are a short guy like me, then a replacement 290mm quality 1200lb load shock.

And most important, you need to take off the valve cover and adjust the gap on valve clearances. They come from the factory likely tightened by Hercules himself.

All are relatively easy to accomplish and will make you more comfortable working on it.

Old 01-08-2021, 04:38 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by franque View Post
I would be more inclined to go with powersports max than TX Powersports, there have been a lot of problems with TX in the past on this site, a cursory search will show, even if there have been less more recently.
These chinese bikes seem to have issues regardless of the seller.

Old 01-08-2021, 05:01 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie View Post
These chinese bikes seem to have issues regardless of the seller.
It's not the bike that is the problem with TX Powersports, it's the owner and the dealers. Many of us, myself included, have had very negative experiences with TX Powersports running a wide range of problems. From parts orders, to warranty coverage, damage claim denials, to being sold a used bike as "new." They are notorious for giving you the run around game as well as telling complete lies.

They even try their hardest to remove negative reviews. Their Facebook page is a prime example. They tried to report my negative review by flagging it as inappropriate content. There are at least 7 others that had the same thing happen when they also left negative reviews. They are con-men.

Before you defend them by saying things like "Motocheez highly recommends them" or whatever other youtuber says the same thing. Keep in mind that they are sponsored by them. Of course the people they sponsor are going to praise them, or not have any issues. It's PR marketing. They will go out of their way to have a good image through those people. Talk to people that aren't sponsored, that are average joes, and see the difference. They have even been caught coming on here under fake profiles. That should speak volumes.

In short, you got lucky. Many others weren't.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 01-12-2021, 09:30 AM   #12

Quote:
Looking to pick up a 250 enduro again before spring.(had the gy200) See the RPS Hawk DLX, Brozz 250 and the Tbr7. Watching prices... then see PowerSportMax and they are near hundreds less... with free gear. What gives? crap dealer? Months to deliver? Looking for advice of who you recommend. their site:
MinnesotaRider
First of all - PowerSportsMax (PSM) only list what they have in stock. That is a big plus in my book.

My dealings from in Nov 2020 were good. I ordered my Lifan X-Pect 200 with EFI on a Friday and received it the following Thursday in Texas. MCO came in mail next day. Delivery person was helpful and rolled it down the driveway up to the garage.

And yes - not only was the cost less than any other website - but also there were no up changes for MCO, liftgate, etc.! I paid exactly what was listed on the webpage and not a penny more.

Another nice thing was after assembly and adding fuel - the bike started the very second I pressed start. A pleasant surprise.

Best of Luck!

Old 02-01-2021, 11:51 AM   #13

Just a Follow Up update.
Like mentioned I was leaning towards a Hawk or Brozz... then I found the Orion Powersports ORION RXB-250L!! Search Over! Pulled the trigger! Scheduled delivery tomorrow!

Old 02-01-2021, 10:10 PM   #14

I just ordered a tbr7 last week. From amazon.
after comparing prices at txpowersports. I assumed amazon customer satisfaction guarantee would make the process go smoother if there was problems.

But I am getting buyers remorse so far. The seller name in the listing was x-pro, the seller was then under a different name "SMART DEALS NOW"

and there listed brick and morter company name is yet under other name again.

"Smart Toys LLC"

I had asked the seller a question after the sale (should have asked before),the clarify there listing, which listed the bike as having rear drum brake. The tbr7 bike switched to disk in 2019.
SO I asked if they were selling an old model of if the listing was wrong. They said it was a 2020 model and had the disk brake. They claimed toe 2021 model wasn't even out yet. The other online stores and the mentions of the tbr7 2021 model here prove that it is already released.

Hope the delivery gets here soon, so I can stop worrying about there horrible ratings level.

Last edited by Mrmazak; 02-01-2021 at 11:13 PM.

Old 02-01-2021, 10:21 PM   #15

Quote:
MinnesotaRider
I had great response from PowerSportsMax (PSM). A Few I like:

1) If it's listed on their website - its in stock. If its not in stock - its not listed.

2) The price you see - is the price you pay. When I ordered my 2020 Lifan - it was listed for $1949. and that is what I paid - delivery included. Not a nickel more. No add ons like lift gate, rush for MCO, my kids need new shoes, etc..

3) Quick Delivery. I ordered mine on a Friday and it was ready for delivery the following Wednesday. MCO came in Friday.

What's not to like??

Good luck!!