Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2017, 07:25 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
Samr basic fitment issies as the hawk pretty much. Looks good.
It's GOTTA be that section of the frame where the passenger pegs attach......it's SO close to the Brozz, I'm truly surprised that he had any issues at all. Scratching my head on this one...

Rides a 2016 Bashan 18C with Blue PlastiDip, piped and jetted, USB charger, real-time digital volt meter, faux carbon fiber handguards, 5 COB led headlight upgrade, auxiliary led light bars, and an MSR shift lever with new grips, T6 aluminum handlebars anodized in blue, polished handlebar brace, decals, HD Unibear chain and spoke covers waiting on the always-full mod shelf......

Old 06-20-2017, 10:13 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDoubleXA View Post
Ill throw some pics up here soon, been busy at work. So far best setup after 2 days of tinkering is a 36 pilot, 115 main, fuel/air screw 2 1/4 turn out, and im 600 ft above sea level.
I just installed that exhaust on my shark! Except it's red. Thing is, the jetting I have is stock still, (just put the exhaust on and it's late) so I have the stock keihin carb. I also bought the mikuni vm26 carb. What carb are you using with that jet setup? And what's your air intake setup? I ordered a clamp on air filter but idk if I'm gonna use it. Also, how did you bend the pipe off the clutch? Crowbar? Rubber mallet? And how did you get the muffler onto the bike? The hole is a bit off.

Old 06-21-2017, 01:04 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatgm1 View Post
I just installed that exhaust on my shark! Except it's red. Thing is, the jetting I have is stock still, (just put the exhaust on and it's late) so I have the stock keihin carb. I also bought the mikuni vm26 carb. What carb are you using with that jet setup? And what's your air intake setup? I ordered a clamp on air filter but idk if I'm gonna use it. Also, how did you bend the pipe off the clutch? Crowbar? Rubber mallet? And how did you get the muffler onto the bike? The hole is a bit off.
Im using the stock carb. Bought a rebuilt kit to replace the screws and have a adjustable needle. After doing the airbox mod with exhaust ive moved up to a 120 main. havnt got to test it yet, but ill keep you updated.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PZ30-Carbure...72.m2749.l2649

As for the exhaust, I just beat it with a mini sledge in a vice to dent for clearence. Now i didnt go crazy on the thing, just a bit at a time till i felt comfortable it would touch the clutch or the airbox.

Old 06-21-2017, 03:34 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDoubleXA View Post
As for the exhaust, I just beat it with a mini sledge in a vice to dent for clearence. Now i didnt go crazy on the thing, just a bit at a time till i felt comfortable it would touch the clutch or the airbox.
A decent sized all/peen works very well also. It's one of those rare times you get to use the round side.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350