Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-04-2016, 05:35 PM   #1

Hensim 149cc 4 Stroke Not Running/Idling

Hey guys, I was looking for some advice on what I should do to get my dirtbike running again. I recently purchased my 149cc bike and it won't start or stay on really. I have to spray gas into the carb for it to kick over at all and it dies almost immediately. I'm unfamiliar with the larger carbs of dirtbikes and 4 stroke motors in general. I'm used to working on smaller 2 stroke motors (typically gas trimmers). The carburetor is a PD11 Sheng Wey. I've already cleaned out the carb several times with carb cleaner. I take out all of the jets and use compressed air to blow out any debris and sprayed them with carb cleaner. I cleaned the outside and took my time making sure all the debris on any metal surface is cleared out. I wasn't able to remove the float because I don't know how to take the pin out safely but I tried to level the float and make it parallel with the carb body as best I can while its sitting upright. I'm suspicious of some kind of debris in the fuel tank that's not allowing the carb to get fuel. Can anyone share some advice with me on how to get my bike running again?

Thank you

http://i.imgur.com/wSxqGVG.jpg