Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-24-2015, 11:51 AM   #10

Send a message via Skype™ to jezzrite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
It's not that hard; whomever removed your jets for cleaning can certainly adjust the pilot mixture screw, and so can you.

Look at your first pic, that shows the carb bowl. Notice how the bowl has a curved section at the front? That is for clearance to the pilot mixture screw. Feel around under there, and you'll find it. The next step is to find some sort of screwdriver bit that will fit in there, and turn it counter-clockwise (while standing on your head) about 1/8 turn. Start the bike and go for a ride.

I'm not actually convinced that the carb is totally clean. The pictures you attached show the bowl and jets removed for cleaning, but not the entire carb. In your third pic, you can see the main jet next to the screws. The main jet screws into the large tube with the o-ring, and the smaller tube to the left is the slow jet. I suspect that the hole the slow jet screws into still has debris in it. The only solution is to remove the carb and carefully clean that passage.
I believed when they cleaned out the aforementioned jet, they also blow the heck out of other jets. But, I might be mistaken, because all I heard was the blowing process, and didn't pay much attention cause I was talking to my dealer by phone.

When I got back from work this evening (went to work with another Chinese bike with no problems so far), I tried to start my bike.

It roared to life with little effort and with just one push of the starter button.

Okay, now I'm confused. Should I just ignore it, since it started flawlessly (at least for now), or should I just proceed with the tune/repair/cleaning of the carb as per your guidance?

The dealer called me and they said that they can fly a mechanic from their other branch to deal with my carb. But still, I have to ride 200km to the dealer's shop.