Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2022, 12:32 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapkin View Post
They made everything great! gave me the X-Pect for sale price and applied my lay-away to it as well.

I am a happy camper at the moment.

I am getting a better bike than my old GY-5 for only two hundred bucks more than I paid in 2008! With a nice warranty.

My son-in-law and I will be putting it together, which is actually a great thing for all of the reasons you guys mention on the forum. I already purchased the 17 tooth front sprocket and will pick up the other stuff I need gradually over the coming months until its paid and on its way.
That's great, glad to hear it.

Old 12-02-2022, 01:00 PM   #17

I recently bought two bikes from Powersports max on Friday and they were in my garage by Thursday. So far they have been OK to deal with. I haven't had any issues that I need them to address so I can't give them any meaningful review one way or the other. When I ordered on Friday they immediately charged my CC and that night I had an email that my order was sent to the warehouse. On Thursday when I opened the bikes there was very little damage to the outside cardboard/steel. The bikes themselves at first glance look really good except for a scratch to a rack along with a tiny paint defect that's no big deal. I think one of the reasons mine came in such good condition was that their warehouse is only ~6 hours from me, the bikes only had to stop once, and that the bikes did not change hands multiple times. The shipper they used was R+L, twice now in three years they've delivered bikes with very clean packaging, and both times the delivery driver has been absolutley fantastic. If your bike is shipped through R+L be aware that they DO NOT require a signature for the bike and that it is company policy that it is left on the driveway. It is also R+L policy that they WILL NOT leave the bike in your garage for you BUT the driver I had was very helpful and was able to do it for me. If you live someplace with rain and snow or you can't get to the bike for a few days be prepared to have it sitting outside if you don't have a way to move it yourself.

To anyone who is buying one of these bikes online for the first time: Remember that you're not buying it from a local dealer and these aren't Japanese bikes where they take extreme pride in what they build and pay close attention to detail. These bikes were built by a companies most of us know nothing about, they were packaged then shipped from the other side of the world, and are mostly sold by people who know nothing about them from the other side of the country. Not all companies who sell China bikes are the same and there are definitely better companies/products out there BUT you'll be paying more. My CSC TT250 came out of the box perfect a few years ago with all bolts tight with markings and these two bikes I just bought will need to be fully gone over, tightened, and some parts will need to be upgraded immediately for reliability and safety. Just understand what you're getting for your money and what effort you will need to put in.

Old 12-13-2022, 08:59 AM   #18

Powersportsmax has been above and beyond on replacing parts documented with photographs as having shipping damage. They have come up with suggested remedies for other issues that may not be shipping damage related (inner tubes/slow air leak). In general my own personal experiences with them they are very serious about wanting to be in the business and having happy customers post purchase with support on shipped bikes for anything found during the unboxing and inspection process. In general this has led to a positive experience and I would as a result buy from them again in the future.
- #42 / #120 Jets
- 1mm thick nitrile O-ring needle shim (removed)
- Kenda K761 Dual Sport Tires
- Sedona Standard Thickness Inner Tubes
- Stock OEM battery, carburetor, spark plug still going strong
- https://youtu.be/dhAYEKH-jFQ

1. Texas Pete's Templar X 250 Torque Specifications Sheet
  2. Texas Pete's Engine Displacement Calculator
  3. Texas Pete's Tire and Rim Compatibility

Old 12-13-2022, 10:56 PM   #19

I just received my second bike from Powersportsmax. An Xpro Sail 150 for my Grandson. Again everything has gone smoothly. The bike arrived in perfect condition. R&L has been great for me so far. This bike was shipped out of Texas, and went through the Memphis hub then Birmingham, before arriving at my house. Powersportsmax has been good also. I had one warranty issue with my Templar X. (Taillight didn’t work). I am still waiting on that. But it’s due to arrive this Friday.

Old 12-14-2022, 12:33 PM   #20

Good to see some positive responses here. Most of these mail order places are hot/cold/sketchy, at best.

Here's a fine example of the crap they pull. You see this in the CA Legal section. WOW! Jump on it and buy it. Then you scroll all the way down to the CARB info. Certified "red sticker". Great, just what I want to do. Ride my brand new X-Pro street bike on an enclosed MX track only six months out of the year.
You really have to watch these guys. Manny is the worst of the lot.

https://www.powersportsmax.com/produ...ducts_id/23807

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 12-14-2022, 01:08 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Good to see some positive responses here. Most of these mail order places are hot/cold/sketchy, at best.

Here's a fine example of the crap they pull. You see this in the CA Legal section. WOW! Jump on it and buy it. Then you scroll all the way down to the CARB info. Certified "red sticker". Great, just what I want to do. Ride my brand new X-Pro street bike on an enclosed MX track only six months out of the year.
You really have to watch these guys. Manny is the worst of the lot.

It must be a typo on there site. The bike does have EPA approval for highway for all 50 states. Boom International Holdings (USA), Inc. Is one of the few that manage to get EPA approval in California.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 12-14-2022, 05:26 PM   #22

I am glad to see these post. I was going with venom because google reviews for powersportsmax are pretty bad. So much so that I was just going to spend more money and go with venom on a 125cc quad. I will have to reconsider now!

Old 12-14-2022, 05:33 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by joallen001 View Post
I am glad to see these post. I was going with venom because google reviews for powersportsmax are pretty bad. So much so that I was just going to spend more money and go with venom on a 125cc quad. I will have to reconsider now!
Can't go wrong with Venom that's for sure. PSM has a good reputation on here as well but i never had bought from them to say otherwise.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 12-17-2022, 03:10 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post

It seems that some of the BOOM bikes need to have their CARB certification renewed from time to time. I have seen this happen on PSM and other retailers' sites--a bike has CARB certification, then seemingly months later, no longer has it, or it goes 'Red'.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 03-30-2023, 12:50 AM   #25

See my review thread. https://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=31560

My perception is that PSM, they just said F-that guy (me). I have tried to handle this through email and been nothing but polite. I know if I tried to call I could not be based on my experience so far. My recommendation is to look at buying something from Venom or Orion.

2022 Pioneer SHNG - SSR XF250. Sigma Jet Kit, Muffler & Air inject delete.

Old 03-30-2023, 01:36 AM   #26

Minor gripe but my headlight bulb was defective and PSM required a video to prove it. Like I would make that shit up for a free $10 led bulb when I could just order a far superior led bulb from Amazon for $20, which I did.

Old 04-18-2023, 08:37 PM   #27

Has anyone successfully used a Discount Coupon code with PSM?