Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-18-2023, 11:10 AM   #1

bait and switch

I received the head yesterday. Unfortunately, the valves, camshaft, lifters were not in the head! I submitted photos and waiting to hear back from the vendor. Like ebay, AliExpress hosts thousands and thousands of sellers. I hope this seller has enough invested in AliExpress sales to back this up and refund me. The photos and description certainly support my claim!

I guess my head porting work will be delayed

The title/description says camshaft and valves were to be included included:
"ZONGSHEN CB250F 250cc engine cylinder head camshaft valve CB250-F kayo T4 z1 nx6 CPS250 motorcycle"

The photos also clearly show the cam and valve train are installed in the head:

Click image for larger version

Name:	CamshaftIncludedCrop.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	28621Click image for larger version

Name:	ValvesIncludedCrop.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	28620

But this is what I received. I will not name the vendor. Mistakes happen. It could just be an employee mistake.

Click image for larger version

Name:	NOcamshaftOrValves1.JPG
Views:	40
Size:	340.6 KB
ID:	28618Click image for larger version

Name:	NOcamshaftOrValves2.JPG
Views:	38
Size:	320.6 KB
ID:	28619

Last edited by Thumper; 02-21-2023 at 06:48 PM.

Old 02-18-2023, 07:43 PM   #2

Aliexpress has changed a lot of late. I’ve ordered from them for more than 13-14 years now?? I’ve had very good luck over all with sellers but I’ve also had maybe two bait and switch scammy sellers in with all of those years of orders. The last was a dual station pyrography machine. The seller sent me a single station version but charged my for the dual station model. Back then every purchase was screenshot and saved on aliexpress so when I saw I was getting bait and switch I immediately raised a dispute using the dispute button. Aliexpress saw the screen shot and saw my complaint was valid. I suggested that because I would now have to buy a second machine when in bought a two station machine that the seller should only get half of my money they charged me for. Aliexpress agreed and took back half the purchase price and refunded it to me. I didn’t get what I wanted but the seller took a larger hit because the two station models price was bit much more than the single station prices at other stores.

Aliexpress also in the past held all your payment in escrow and you had to log in after you received the item you ordered and click that you received the item and choose to leave a review. Now that changed to they held it in escrow like before but if you never logged in after 90 days or so after ordering they automatically released the purchase funds to the seller. And today???? Who knows. It’s been so long since I ever had an issue with anything I ordered on aliexpress I don’t know what is there anymore to support disputes. Do they even have the dispute button anymore on your order history?

I noticed all the reviews I left and received have been deleted and they switched to a new reviews system sometime ago??

Be interested to see how you go with the dispute process to get a modern update on how buyer friendly they are today versus in the past when they wanted to assure the world they would do everything to make sure you got what you paid for on their website.
- #42 / #120 Jets
- 1mm thick nitrile O-ring needle shim (removed)
- Kenda K761 Dual Sport Tires
- Sedona Standard Thickness Inner Tubes
- Stock OEM battery, carburetor, spark plug still going strong
- https://youtu.be/dhAYEKH-jFQ

1. Texas Pete's Templar X 250 Torque Specifications Sheet
  2. Texas Pete's Engine Displacement Calculator
  3. Texas Pete's Tire and Rim Compatibility

Old 02-21-2023, 06:45 PM   #3

So far, AliExpress judged that my dispute is valid, and that the vendor will pay for return shipping, and provide a full refund. AliExpress is interested in customer satisfaction and they would like to maintain legitimacy in the online marketplace, like Amazon (they want to grow). Their revenue is based on sales, and a good reputation is a major part of the equation. Based on the judgement, AliExpress states they will reimburse me in full if the vendor does not respond within a specified time, and there is a countdown timer. I am confident that AliExpress will hold the vendor accountable. The sequence of events and methods are a little different, but they are standing behind the customer (me).

The vendor offered an alternative, that I keep the head (though it contains no installed valves, valve seals, camshaft, etc. as indicated in the listing). They would give me a partial refund (~$100). But I need the complete head, so I am refusing the alternative. I have no use for the bare head.

It is possible that an employee screwed up. I will never know what happened. I did send a message to the vendor that the head is carefully packed and ready to ship, and that I am waiting for a shipping label.

Old 02-21-2023, 07:03 PM   #4

prior to my Cg250 swap i tried to get a replacement cylinder for my original 185/200cc 163fml honda engine from Aliexpress...

Well I never received it even after a customer/seller interaction and the impression the item was shipped but my that time the dispute period was expired...so I have always now made any disputes fully documented...which typically results in a refund or a replacement or both...

The only reason aliexpress is viable is the Chinese 'developing nation' subsidized shipping loophole...which means western tax dollars are paying for the 'free shipping' to your door,

If you ever open a dispute case and offer to return the item...99% of the time they will offer to replace or refund because they will lose money on the return shipping if expected to cover the fees.

Aliexpress customer service is getting better but is also becoming more AI automated...

If a seller starts making shipping delay excuses and or delays...take it as a red flag and document the information the seller provides and start asking for a full refund...If they don't open a ticket ASAP.

Still a bit hit or miss...so basically don't spend what you can't possibly lose.

Sure i've been burned but i've also kept items with partial/full refunds and or replacements...

Old 02-23-2023, 09:58 AM   #5

The parent company for AliExpress (Alibaba) has posted record profit (over 300billions). AliExpress has the cash to reimburse me.

AliExpress is an international sales platform. I think they really want to demonstrate that it is a safe marketplace. If I were to lose $175 on this transaction, I won't be back to buy any big ticket items, and their profit has some % of sale price dependence.

Ebay and Amazon deal with bad vendors swiftly, and it only HELPS their bottom line. Customer confidence is top priority.

I got a set of rubber floor mats on Amazon recently. The rear set didn't fit. I documented the bad fit (photos). I got a refund announcement the moment that UPS recorded the return package I took to the UPS drop off. Amazon didn't even wait to inspect the package contents! And I didn't even have to deal with a shipping label- it was a UPC code square on my phone scanned by the UPS dude. Will I confidently buy things on Amazon? You bet

Old 02-24-2023, 08:33 AM   #6

Here are the instructions for shipping back if the shipper is responsible for return shipping:

2. If the seller is paying for the return shipping fee, please do as follows:
- Kindly confirm the return fee before you return the item via message chat.
- Head to the local post office and ship the item.
- Provide tracking number and details to confirm the return. Once the item is delivered, inform seller to proceed refund. If the seller violates, reach AliExpress with the return delivery receipt. AliExpress will issue coupon to cover it.
(Please do not use commercial express. The seller or AliExpress only covers shipping fee of postal channel.)

So delivery receipt is required??!! I am already out $176 for the head, and now I am being asked to ship it back to the seller at my cost, and request payment from AliExpress is the seller fails to pay me the shipping cost??!!? And I won't get a refund until the item is received? Who will tell AliExpress when the seller receives the item? The return address is the seller, not AliExpress. I am so sure that the seller will tell AliExpress that the item was returned! And delivery receipt costs more, and might not even be available for the China address. No wonder Alibaba has record profits this year.

Old 03-31-2023, 09:25 AM   #7

Thumbs Up Refunded by AliExpress!

I received a full refund from AliExpress. That's almost $175

Relieved, and feeling a little better about AliExpress. However, their policy is that buyer must pay for return, then supposed to get reimbursed AFTER the return. I am trying to figure out how to send the receipt from USPS for shipping and copy of the customs form. It is a done deal, so they should reimburse based on their policy. I just have to figure out how to get it done.