Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2023, 03:47 AM   #1

Need help determining what bike / engine I have.

Hey all. First time poster here.

Firstly, I apologise in advance if any of my questions are vague / noobish - i'm a first time chinese bike purchaser + builder, and my garage mekanik skills have come to a limit on this thing, and so i'm extending my request for help out to you guys. This will be quite a lengthy post filled with as much detail as I can to make it as easy as possible for you guys, and so I'd like to thank you all in advance for the support!

(P.S. I will post photos and links to the bike that I think best resembles what I have down below, thought I would write this here to make sure you don't miss them!)

Alright! So...

I purchased a bike off a friend with bare minimum knowledge about motorbikes in general. Have always wanted to get into the scene and this dirt cheap chinese bike was the offer I had been waiting to jump on.

There's a few questions regarding to the identity of this bike and some related questions so i'll hop right into it!

To start it off, I would like to present all the information I've been able to gather about the bike, using only the 2 codes that i've found on the engine.

CODES

- 1st Code: LC166FMM - (Most information came from this, engine code?)
- 2nd Code: VZ083711 - (Unsure what this code relates to, but is directly underneat the previous code. There are two stars to the left and right of the code)
3rd Code: HUM1002440 - (Located on Chassis, again has two starts left and right of the code, no results shown when searching)

INFO

All of the research I have done on this bike has led me to a common consensus on what this bike may be, none have been definitive though.

- The engine has "Loncin" written on both sides of the engine.
- I know the engine is a 250cc.
- Some sources have pointed out the bike could be an "Apollo AGB-30D"?

This is about all of the information about the bike that I have. I have been trying to purchase some replacement parts for the bike so I can get it up and running, but as you can imagine, with only this much information my searches haven't been overly successful.

Now comes to the main questions you all can help me with.

QUESTIONS

1. What is this bike? Make, Model, etc.
2. Where can I buy parts for this bike?

LINKS

This is the closest result I could find online - https://sc04.alicdn.com/kf/Hab3e2055...5197cf489C.jpg - (Looks almost exactly like this minus a few parts)

Thanks again to everyone in advance! If you don't know or need more information, please feel free to ask questions and I'll provide what I can!

Last edited by Malonk; 09-07-2023 at 03:49 AM. Reason: Adding more Info

Old 09-07-2023, 12:10 PM   #2

Don't know the model, but the maker is Loncin. The engine, the Loncin LC166FM, is a bored-out copy of the Honda CB125, actually 229cc rather than the claimed 250. Parts can be found numerous places. If you know what is needed you can generally hunt Google with good success.

Old 09-07-2023, 05:49 PM   #3

VINs are 17 characters long and usually attached to the frame somewhere, mine is hidden behind the headlight and all the wiring. Prior to 1981 it could be anything from 5 to 13 characters. The first character is the country code and China is L and A through H is for Africa. The mark on the engine is for the engine and not the motorcycle as an assembled whole.
- #42 / #120 Jets
- 1mm thick nitrile O-ring needle shim (removed)
- Kenda K761 Dual Sport Tires
- Sedona Standard Thickness Inner Tubes
- Stock OEM battery, carburetor, spark plug still going strong
- https://youtu.be/dhAYEKH-jFQ

1. Texas Pete's Templar X 250 Torque Specifications Sheet
  2. Texas Pete's Engine Displacement Calculator
  3. Texas Pete's Tire and Rim Compatibility

Old 09-07-2023, 08:34 PM   #4

Yup... Check on the left (or right) side of the gooseneck in front of, possibly partially obscured by the fuel tank for a VIN. Usually vertically mounted, reads sideways. If you find it, I doubt it will help unless someone else has a similar VIN on their bike (and they know who made it!).

Post some good HR photos close up of the bike, swingarm area, front-end (components/forks), seat shape/tankshape, rear/tail design. This will help.

Tags
250cc, apollo 250, cb250, help identifying, loncin