Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2016, 09:04 AM   #571

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayman77 View Post
There is one book of yours I am very interested in reading

The owner manual for the TT250
Good one. It's just about wrapped up. There are a few photos I need to add when the bikes arrive (that will only take a few minutes), and then it will be ready to go. I think you'll like it.

Old 04-30-2016, 11:57 AM   #572

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSCDude View Post
Good one. It's just about wrapped up. There are a few photos I need to add when the bikes arrive (that will only take a few minutes), and then it will be ready to go. I think you'll like it.
I just went on amazon and purchased moto Columbia
I will be reading it as I PATIENTLY await the arival of my TT250

Old 04-30-2016, 12:05 PM   #573

Head Scratching

Quote:
One thing i wanted to ask you Joe, on every china motor vehicle {mc & atv) i have noticed a lack of grease/lube in key components. Has Gerry (damned I'm getting to feel like I know these guys lol) cracked the whip on the setup guys to solve that, or are we still looking to need to take care of some of those issues, and is/are those covered in the manual?
Seer's First LAW-"FLY THE PLANE!", fail that, and nothing else matters. 12th Law- Consider what marvels you might do if only you had tomorrow to live over again. Third Law-When someone tells you some thing "Can't Be Done", what they're really saying is They can't do it!!14th Law-Just because something "IS", doesn't necessarily mean it SHOULD be.. Eighth Law-The only true personal security is anonymity.Ninth Law-Humans tend to learn very little when speaking.10th Law-Some lives ARE worth taking

Old 04-30-2016, 12:21 PM   #574

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeerAtlas View Post
One thing i wanted to ask you Joe, on every china motor vehicle {mc & atv) i have noticed a lack of grease/lube in key components. Has Gerry (damned I'm getting to feel like I know these guys lol) cracked the whip on the setup guys to solve that, or are we still looking to need to take care of some of those issues, and is/are those covered in the manual?
We alert the factory to every characteristic we see on the bikes that is not to our (or your) satisfaction, including issues such as the one you describe above. On the prototype TT250s, we noticed a lack of grease on the speedo cable, the speedo drive, and the swingarm pivots (it's one of the factors we use in determining what to include in our maintenance tutorials and service manuals). The guys at Zongshen are very receptive to all of this (they want the feedback). We're very good about following up on these things, too (there's an old adage that goes something like "it's not what you expect, it's what you inspect..."). We'll be reviewing the TT250s critically during our setups when they start arriving here (which should be in the next few days). One of the things I know I'll be checking on mine will be the grease in the areas I describe above. As we find more areas, we'll be addressing them and posting our findings on the CSC blog, just as we did on the RX3. There's no gain for us in keeping any of this stuff a secret; our customers (you) need to know it and we all (you and us) are pursuing driving these bikes toward perfection. It's been a lot of fun for me.

Old 04-30-2016, 12:24 PM   #575

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayman77 View Post
I just went on amazon and purchased moto Columbia
I will be reading it as I PATIENTLY await the arival of my TT250
Thank you. It's good you didn't wait for the movie. When our paths cross I'll buy you a beer and tell you the stuff that didn't make it into the book.

Old 04-30-2016, 12:31 PM   #576

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
Correct, the answer is 2017 rx4 450cc !!! (If available I try not to get hopes up too much)

Thanks for the info about the interesting riding . About the most interesting riding I see around here is corn field rows and the occasional ditch . Ha
I think that's a good approach. I'm in something of a position to know, and I would be extremely surprised if we see a 450 emerge from Chongqing within the next two years. And even when that happens, there's a lengthy process involved in getting the bikes EPA and CARB certified. I've ridden the 450 prototype, and I'm more than satisfied that the RX3 is actually a better bike at this point. I'm sure the final production version of the 450 will be good, but it is far enough out that I hope to have as many miles on my RX3 as Spud has on his GY when the 450 emerges. Bottom line, guys, is that the 450 isn't happening any time soon. When it does, we'll be bringing it to you. But it's a ways out.

Old 04-30-2016, 12:37 PM   #577

Thumbs Up

Quote:
We alert the factory to every characteristic we see on the bikes that is not to our (or your) satisfaction, including issues such as the one you describe above. On the prototype TT250s, we noticed a lack of grease on the speedo cable, the speedo drive, and the swingarm pivots (it's one of the factors we use in determining what to include in our maintenance tutorials and service manuals). The guys at Zongshen are very receptive to all of this (they want the feedback). We're very good about following up on these things, too (there's an old adage that goes something like "it's not what you expect, it's what you inspect..."). We'll be reviewing the TT250s critically during our setups when they start arriving here (which should be in the next few days). One of the things I know I'll be checking on mine will be the grease in the areas I describe above. As we find more areas, we'll be addressing them and posting our findings on the CSC blog, just as we did on the RX3. There's no gain for us in keeping any of this stuff a secret; our customers (you) need to know it and we all (you and us) are pursuing driving these bikes toward perfection. It's been a lot of fun for me.
YOU DA MAN!!! er, COMPANY I am SOOO waiting to receive my "fast" copper one (In truth top speed means little to me, I'm in search of the highest quality "best" fun 250 dp out there
Seer's First LAW-"FLY THE PLANE!", fail that, and nothing else matters. 12th Law- Consider what marvels you might do if only you had tomorrow to live over again. Third Law-When someone tells you some thing "Can't Be Done", what they're really saying is They can't do it!!14th Law-Just because something "IS", doesn't necessarily mean it SHOULD be.. Eighth Law-The only true personal security is anonymity.Ninth Law-Humans tend to learn very little when speaking.10th Law-Some lives ARE worth taking

Old 04-30-2016, 01:50 PM   #578

Quote:
Thank you. It's good you didn't wait for the movie. When our paths cross I'll buy you a beer and tell you the stuff that didn't make it into the book.
Well I am not a big Brad Pitt fan so the movie will not be for me
but if it was Robert Downey Jr as Joe Berk on the Iron Man version of the RX3 them I am in!!!!

Old 04-30-2016, 04:42 PM   #579

Thumbs Up

dunno bout that, its a shock when u meet downey for the first time, ur first thought is "DAM he's little. ( Not the best match for Joe
Conversely, was in an Eastwood movie once- first time we met my thinking was "DAM he's tall" and the opposite in demeanor and character than you would expect

Old 04-30-2016, 07:23 PM   #580

Newbie put down deposit

This is my first post and I am happy to introduce myself and announce I have too put down my deposit for a black TT 250 (230 whatever...).

Looking forward to picking up the bike (4 to 6 week estimate per CSC) and teaching my 18 year old son how to ride a clutch motorcycle. He is 6'1" 190 pounds so it definitely will not be too big for him.

I am a 40-plus year MC rider and have had everything from rice rockets to Harleys. As with all of my vehicles I will be looking for ways to improve performance and drive-ability including new exhaust and re-jetting, suspension tweaks and proper set up for my weight, and whatever else of interest come along. It will be fun having a dual sport to poke around on again.

Old 04-30-2016, 07:51 PM   #581

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparrob View Post
This is my first post and I am happy to introduce myself and announce I have too put down my deposit for a black TT 250 (230 whatever...).

Looking forward to picking up the bike (4 to 6 week estimate per CSC) and teaching my 18 year old son how to ride a clutch motorcycle. He is 6'1" 190 pounds so it definitely will not be too big for him.

I am a 40-plus year MC rider and have had everything from rice rockets to Harleys. As with all of my vehicles I will be looking for ways to improve performance and drive-ability including new exhaust and re-jetting, suspension tweaks and proper set up for my weight, and whatever else of interest come along. It will be fun having a dual sport to poke around on again.
Welcome; we are glad you joined us.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 04-30-2016, 10:51 PM   #582

Quote:
I think that's a good approach. I'm in something of a position to know, and I would be extremely surprised if we see a 450 emerge from Chongqing within the next two years. And even when that happens, there's a lengthy process involved in getting the bikes EPA and CARB certified. I've ridden the 450 prototype, and I'm more than satisfied that the RX3 is actually a better bike at this point. I'm sure the final production version of the 450 will be good, but it is far enough out that I hope to have as many miles on my RX3 as Spud has on his GY when the 450 emerges. Bottom line, guys, is that the 450 isn't happening any time soon. When it does, we'll be bringing it to you. But it's a ways out.
Well thank you sir for indirectly answering my question on the proposed 450cc bike. I didn't want to automatically assume that csc would necessarily import it or not. Especially as business climates/trends change from quarter to quarter.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 05-01-2016, 08:07 PM   #583

Hi guys! I have a Black TT250 heading my way to NH where we have over a thousand miles of trails. I cant wait!

Being in the Appalachian Range our trails can be gnarly due to waterfalls and stream washout. I'm wondering how the rims and tubes of the TT250 will fare with lower PSI around 15-20.

I want to install TUbliss on the bike to shed a few pounds of unsprung weight, have emergency run-flat capabilities with the bead locked, and be able to have maximumum traction in a muddy enviorment. Here is the link to the TUbliss product (seems brilliant IMO).

Does anyone know if Zongshen rims are aluminum or steel? Does anyone have an idea as to what Japanese model the Zong TT250 is like so I could shop aftermarket rims?

I'm glad you guys are running this forum so early adopters of NA Chinese motorsports have a central resorce for aggragating information and data!!!

Old 05-01-2016, 10:08 PM   #584

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaconiaTim View Post
Hi guys! I have a Black TT250 heading my way to NH where we have over a thousand miles of trails. I cant wait!...
Welcome, and congratulations on your purchase of a CSC TT250.

Quote:
...Being in the Appalachian Range our trails can be gnarly due to waterfalls and stream washout. I'm wondering how the rims and tubes of the TT250 will fare with lower PSI around 15-20...
I'm sure the Zongshen rims and inner tubes will handle those tire pressures very well.

Quote:
...I want to install TUbliss on the bike to shed a few pounds of unsprung weight, have emergency run-flat capabilities with the bead locked, and be able to have maximumum traction in a muddy enviorment. Here is the link to the TUbliss product (seems brilliant IMO).

Does anyone know if Zongshen rims are aluminum or steel? Does anyone have an idea as to what Japanese model the Zong TT250 is like so I could shop aftermarket rims?...
I'm betting the Zongshen rims are steel; I would be surprised if they were not. As long as you choose a rim the correct size, with the correct number of spoke holes, you shouldn't have any problems finding aftermarket rims to fit the wheels of your TT250. I have laced a number of different alloy rims to the hubs of my two Zongshen motorcycles.

http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=14974
http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6762

Quote:
...I'm glad you guys are running this forum so early adopters of NA Chinese motorsports have a central resorce for aggragating information and data!!!
Thanks for the kind words. We are glad you joined us.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 05-02-2016, 12:23 AM   #585

Quote:
Hi guys! I have a Black TT250 heading my way to NH
How close to Rochester are you? I know nothing about New Hampshire, but a friend recently moved from outside Boston to just inside Maine a few miles from Rochester, where he reopened the local movie theater, the Starlite Theaters. Sorry to hijack--back to TT's...

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard